IGNORED

Germany v England

Red Army 75

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I like Southgate and glad to see he's not just going to pick players on reputation like gods knows how many managers have before. Good to see him trying a different formation in a friendly. Typical of our press to hammer him though if we get beat. Performance is more important than the result . 

Injured no matches Shaw in squad but no in form Carroll

18 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I like Southgate and glad to see he's not just going to pick players on reputation like gods knows how many managers have before. Good to see him trying a different formation in a friendly. Typical of our press to hammer him though if we get beat. Performance is more important than the result . 

Can't agree, when England play Germany the result is always the most important thing.

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Can't agree, when England play Germany the result is always the most important thing.

Sorry but that's just tubthumping nonsense imo. We beat them last year in a friendly , where did it get us in the euros , nowhere . We lost to Iceland because we freeze in tournaments and they got to the semis . Do you think they care about the result ? The important thing is southgate learning about the players . We've been trailing behind the likes of Germany for decades and a win in a meaningless friendly counts for nothing. If it meant we learnt more from a defeat to help us in Russia I'd take that. 

1 minute ago, alexukhc said:

Looks more like England B team

So what , it's a friendly ! 

We had years of managers shoehorning the best players into a 11 scholes left wing for example. 

the best teams are better than the sum of their parts. If you don't play them you'll never know if they're good enough 

16 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

So what , it's a friendly ! 

We had years of managers shoehorning the best players into a 11 scholes left wing for example. 

the best teams are better than the sum of their parts. If you don't play them you'll never know if they're good enough 

I do agree I do but the selection is still terrible

Archived