IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

56 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

You must be horrified at the thought we might be coming for you.

I know that getting the chance to play us in the league again is the biggest ambition of most of your fans, which is sweet....it really is, but why do you believe that your club and the constant comical shit you trot out is anything other than a source of amusement to us?

No offence to the decent Gasheads who post on here but it's ******* nonsense like this that you've posted that make us ridicule you even more.

'coming for us'....:facepalm:

You've been saying it for 15 years.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Smaller than a flea said:

To answer a few concerns about our bribing of referees, can I quote the deluded forum?

"Since the Torquay home game on New Year's Day 2015,we went over 21 months without being awarded a penalty in a home league match (Walsall 13/9/2016) both dodgy ones mind you.Now had 2 in the last 11 days!"

So it's not all luck then.

Early days, but one point off the playoffs.

Crap striker, crap manager, crap owner, crap fans. How is this happening?

Do you not realise how pathetic and small-minded it sounds when you say you're "coming for us"? Is it really the limit of your aspiration to supersede our own limited achievements?

And do you really think we are losing sleep over the tiny possibility of a League One team with an inferiority complex and tents for stands one day catching up with us, while we compete in the top half of the Championship in our new 27,000 seater stadium?

I try to be fairly objective when it comes to our rivalry but you really don't help yourselves sometimes.

• Like 7

To answer a few concerns about our bribing of referees, can I quote the deluded forum?

"Since the Torquay home game on New Year's Day 2015,we went over 21 months without being awarded a penalty in a home league match (Walsall 13/9/2016) both dodgy ones mind you.Now had 2 in the last 11 days!"

PS - one point off the play offs, but also one point off the bottom half. And with 37 games still to go, there are 111 points still to play for. So it means very little at this stage and I certainly wouldn't be going onto a rival club's forum to crow about being a point off the play offs after 9 games. It's embarrassing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

PS - one point off the play offs, but also one point off the bottom half. And with 37 games still to go, there are 111 points still to play for. So it means very little at this stage and I certainly wouldn't be going onto a rival club's forum to crow about being a point off the play offs after 9 games. It's embarrassing.

To be fair to them. They are booking the promotion shout now, as Swindon have the November shout on a permanent booking.

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

With 3 penalties in 4 games they must think their luck will last for ever..

It isn't. 

Zero fxxks given, to be honest. 

I wouldn't dream of going on your forum and spout bullshit, as I have better things to do, like breathe in and breathe out. 

The height of your aspirations are to reach parity with us, continue aiming small and missing big...really do because it's giving us such a treat laughing at you. 

Remember that as you wonder what Wael is actually doing with your club....We laugh at you  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

:rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br:

11 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

The point must of been made dozens of times on here already but I'll give it another go.

Even if you joined us in The Championship, the gap would still remain. Whilst your lot continue their blinkered obsession with catching us, your club continues to remain in the 20th century.

What does Wally say? Evolution not revolution? Take a look our way if you want to see what that should really look like. 

Rivalries aside, put the two clubs next to each other and compare the stadium, academy, infrastructure, coaching staff, players and owner. Get it now?

• Like 4

• Admin
11 hours ago, 54-46 said:

Genuine question - what exactly does "coming for you" mean?

If you got promoted why does it have to be about us?

Not that I am suggesting for one minute we would make the Premier league any time soon, but we don't sing that we're coming for Watford.

They probably wish to put an end to this clock that is approaching 6000 days #ticktock

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/soccer?iso=20001028T1645&p0=299&msg=CITY+above+rovers

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

League one is a harsh division, most teams are middling and beat each other, you will go on runs, then a losing streak, it will seem random as most clubs are on a par. There are a few teams that will rise to the top, it's those that spend a little money. There is not a embarrassment of riches in L1, any club willing to spend on those 4 - 5 better players can stay at the top of L1 and / or gain promotion - in fairness it's what we did, and there is little other clubs can do about it. You can be plucky / lucky for the odd game but over the season class prevails. If you want out of L1 you will need to buy those players. Your current tactic is the exact one all the other teams are using - evolution, team work, coaching, can do attitude, never give up, finding the odd gem, fight for each other.... everyone is doing this, what the other teams are not doing is spending £100,000 - £500,000 per player to gain promotion by buying class, as they simply do not have the money.

I don't think Taylor is a crap striker, he perfectly good in L2, probably ok for L1. Your manager again is probably a decent L2/L1 manager, your fans though a little dopey at times :yes: are not really any different from fans from 100's of other clubs and to think you are would be delusional.  

Your owners seems to have around £70 million in assets and some business acumen, which is more than a lot of clubs, how much liquidity he actually has to put into the club we don't know. But he seems a nice enough chap, he was shopping around for a club and settled on you - I imagine the Mem and UWE was a large part of that as there was the potential for a large asset grab for a moment in time. But I don;t see that he is not genuine in wanting to run the club and do well... hell I imagine we would all love to be club owners instead of whatever daily grind we actually do.

Your club is owned by Dwane Sports who are registered in your fans hated tax avoiding islands. Dwane Sports are also part of another entity, so until we see some accounts we don;t even know if your clubs debts were paid of, or just moved into another company for now.

If you get out of L1 it will depend one thing money, that extra % more than the other clubs in your league can do is buy quality players... so we will see if your owner steps up.

Anyway a belated welcome back to the football league....

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Bristol Derby, City victory.

Sounds great, it's been far too long.

I can picture this, thousands of Gas heads flocking to our new stadium drooling in envy, spending their hard earned benefits in our stadium which will result in even more money for us to spend recruiting young international players. We will  play them off the park and send the gas back to chernobyl in tears. Happy days

28 minutes ago, BSRED said:

I can picture this, thousands of Gas heads flocking to our new stadium drooling in envy, spending their hard earned benefits in our stadium which will result in even more money for us to spend recruiting young international players. We will  play them off the park and send the gas back to chernobyl in tears. Happy days

When was the last time 'thousands of Gasheads' flocked South of the river?

They always bottle it 

• Like 2