IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

20 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Well, you've got a massive corporate "BRISTOL" emblazoned on the Dolman seats, so someone isn't too concerned about the identity of the football club.

Speaking of losing your identity, any more news on your south gloucestershire bowl? Is your foriegn owner coughing up the cash yet?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Well, you've got a massive corporate "BRISTOL" emblazoned on the Dolman seats, so someone isn't too concerned about the identity of the football club.

What is 'corporate' about the word Bristol?! We've got Bristol City emblazoned on seats in our Atyeo Stand and the city name on the Dolman seats.....you've got to let this 'corporate' rubbish go flea....our stadium is first class, you can't knock it whilst you continue to play in your pathetic tented village...

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

People in glass houses Fleabag 20161030_221542.jpg

if you had put out chairs for those locked out the total capacity of every ground they have begged borrowed or stolen and  had a very SHORT angled lens  you would have another white plastic chair and a tent or five.

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

Good luck fitting BRISTOL on this pile of shite...

Image result for memorial stadium

Bristol is to blame for a lot of their problems, so they wouldn't use Bristols name to promote their club!  They once started a political party to oppose the city council in the local elections, because the council (Bristol) were not going to let them have a new ground at Mangotsfield, (South Gloucestershire). Couldn't make it up, could you?

I can't wait until the new owner puts his personal stamp on the club and returns them to the past, by renaming them, "The Black Arabs". I can see it now sprayed on the walls of Lockleaze, The Black Arabshit squad.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Is that it ? Oh and talking of identity , how did that work when you moved to Bath. The original franchise club :laughcont:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Remind me, how is the UWE South Glos Bowl coming on?

It all those City fans in the away end ..... again!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/31/his-bodyguard-looked-like-he-wanted-to-kill-me-abramovichs-german-ambush

“It’s a bit embarrassing, isn’t it?” Al-Qadi says, covering his eyes. “I was invited to the pub by some fans. A couple of the Rovers staff said ‘Don’t go’. But I wanted to celebrate, so I went with my brother and two friends, and all of a sudden three or four guys came over and hoisted me up. I looked ahead and there were 3,000 people. The fans were really nice, it was just happiness. But the police called in the next day and gave us a warning, saying something about I could have caused a riot if there were some Bristol City fans. They told us not to do it again.”

9 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/31/his-bodyguard-looked-like-he-wanted-to-kill-me-abramovichs-german-ambush

“It’s a bit embarrassing, isn’t it?” Al-Qadi says, covering his eyes. “I was invited to the pub by some fans. A couple of the Rovers staff said ‘Don’t go’. But I wanted to celebrate, so I went with my brother and two friends, and all of a sudden three or four guys came over and hoisted me up. I looked ahead and there were 3,000 people. The fans were really nice, it was just happiness. But the police called in the next day and gave us a warning, saying something about I could have caused a riot if there were some Bristol City fans. They told us not to do it again.”

He comes across well in the article to be fair, as foreign owners go he does seem to be likeable and not a Tann type character.

Will be interesting to see what happens when Darryl does get poached though.

32 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Jesus, he makes David Beckham look like a shy, insecure man. What a media whore. 

7 hours ago, RedRaw said:

Gas Logic v Reality

hqdefault.jpg

7 hours ago, RedRaw said:

Gas Logic v Reality

hqdefault.jpg

20 hours ago, Rich said:

Bristol is to blame for a lot of their problems, so they wouldn't use Bristols name to promote their club!  They once started a political party to oppose the city council in the local elections, because the council (Bristol) were not going to let them have a new ground at Mangotsfield, (South Gloucestershire). Couldn't make it up, could you?

I can't wait until the new owner puts his personal stamp on the club and returns them to the past, by renaming them, "The Black Arabs". I can see it now sprayed on the walls of Lockleaze, The Black Arabshit squad.

3,000 more like 30

12 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Jesus, he makes David Beckham look like a shy, insecure man. What a media whore. 

In fairness to wally, it makes sense for him to promote his club in any way possible. As @RumRed said earlier, he does come across well and if he was the owner of an equally small club like Accrington or Barnet, I'd wish him all the luck in the world.

But he's not, so **** him.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, glynriley said:

In fairness to wally, it makes sense for him to promote his club in any way possible. As @RumRed said earlier, he does come across well and if he was the owner of an equally small club like Accrington or Barnet, I'd wish him all the luck in the world.

But he's not, so **** him.

I did enjoy the fact The Guardian made it very clear that Dwayne Sports LTD Franchise are stuck in our shadow. 

Edited by Sergio Georgini
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Well, to be fair, it seems most of us have enjoyed the extensive media coverage we've achieved surrounding Tammy's successful loan so far and the positive reports in the press regarding Mr Lansdown's vision and LJ's managerial style and abilities to date. 

So it's a bit churlish to condemn Rovers' owner for also trying to raise the profile of his club. 

I think he comes across as a pretty ok bloke, I don't for a minute believe he has the level of funds to pump into the sags which have been reported and of course I have no interest in his 'project' succeeding, but getting media coverage is fine, it will only serve to highlight how little 'real' progress they are making in the long term...