IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

13 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

In the pub listening to a gas head bemoan the lack of a goalscorer likely torpedoing their play off push.

It's a pity.

What might have been if only they hadn`t sold their top scorer for peanuts on deadline day with no time to replace him.

Still. 300k buys quite a lot of plastic chairs.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kivsy said:

So far on facebook , I've read rovers fans were urinating in sinks in a service station , disrespecting a minutes silence.  And losing  to the worst club in their league .   So not a good day out then. 

Stop making up fake news mate. You know they are universally welcomed with open arms wherever they go and are loved by all within the game.

Any trouble is caused by gurt dirty teds trying to drag their good name through the mud.

• Like 3

Rovers are trying to pay their way using an "Evolution"  card issued by a bank classed as "non investment grade - speculative" and which is only accepted at Poundland.

I don't mean to sound bolshie but if we wish to shop at John Lewis there will have to be a Revolution.

Edited by bert tann
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Rovers are trying to pay their way using an "Evolution"  card issued by a bank classed as "non investment grade - speculative" and which is only accepted at Poundland.

I don't mean to sound bolshie but if we wish to shop at John Lewis there will have to be a Revolution.

Welcome back. Fleabag has been spitting feathers at your lack of activity .

5 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/coventry-v-bristol-r-match-thread-saturday-25th-mar.74374/page-11

Some nice compliments towards the rovers fans again. Summed very nicely I thought.

Especially the bloke who said they`re his local team and he has to put up with the bollix they come out with on a daily basis.

45 minutes ago, kivsy said:

So far on facebook , I've read rovers fans were urinating in sinks in a service station , disrespecting a minutes silence.  And losing  to the worst club in their league .   So not a good day out then. 

Hardly a shock remember them ruining a minute silence at the gate years ago. Forget who it was for now.

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Hardly a shock remember them ruining a minute silence at the gate years ago. Forget who it was for now.

Yes that was disgraceful, as were the Mickey Barratt chants at the previous game.

As for the minutes silence being 'disrespected' don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Yes, there were some Rovers fans singing during it, however they were outside the ground and wouldn't have known that there was a minutes silence going on. Unfortunate, but hardly disrespectful.

2 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Yes that was disgraceful, as were the Mickey Barratt chants at the previous game.

As for the minutes silence being 'disrespected' don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Yes, there were some Rovers fans singing during it, however they were outside the ground and wouldn't have known that there was a minutes silence going on. Unfortunate, but hardly disrespectful.

When it comes to Bristol rovers I don't believe **** all I read on the internet. The masters of bullshit 

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

That is mostly true, there were singers outside still coming in and they wouldn't have known about the silence but there was, sadly, one solitary drunk **** (and all clubs have them) inside that shouted for all of a second before being universally shut down by all around him. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 22A said:

Please don't laugh too much at this post;

"After the usual banter at the pub with $hit heads I enlightened them with pants down being a gas head to which they didn't believe me and showed them a artical and I have just found that Higgs and pants down pic. (Not capable of doing link stuff/ I hope someone will).
It looks like the pic was took at France 98. It's got the camp pirate on on it.
My point being is when pants down was on subs bench over a year ago he said he wasn't interested in rovers after we moved to bath as we (in his rosy cheek faced ass eyes) wasn't a Bristol club any more.
Well that pic if I'm right was taken when we were back in Bristol.
Puzzled. The $hit head faces dropped once showing the Evidence."

ive got a picture of my gashead mate holding up a bcfc flag at france 98 I could post it on here but I cant be assed to find it .

23 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

That is mostly true, there were singers outside still coming in and they wouldn't have known about the silence but there was, sadly, one solitary drunk **** (and all clubs have them) inside that shouted for all of a second before being universally shut down by all around him. 

I thought he just walked in from the concourse and was pretty pissed, which was why his attempt at singing stopped halfway through the first line.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I thought he just walked in from the concourse and was pretty pissed, which was why his attempt at singing stopped halfway through the first line.

To be fair if the ground is in complete silence you would hear one idiot shouting and bawling, Rovers are no different to any other club and all fans I'm sure show complete respect for any minutes silence apart from the odd indiscretion 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/coventry-v-bristol-r-match-thread-saturday-25th-mar.74374/page-11

Some nice compliments towards the rovers fans again. Summed very nicely I thought.

Love this comment. Wonder if the author knew of the 'strong links' between Rovers and Port Vale after their recent trip there!   

'Bristol rovers certainly seemed to have there fair share of more mongrels than other clubs, reminded me of port vale fans tbh'

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, lenred said:

Wonder if the author knew of the 'strong links' between Rovers and Port Vale after their recent trip there!

Oh there are strong links between the gas and Vale - the 1989 play offs spring to mind as high comedy!

Me and my mate were at home in my parents house listening to it on the radio....there was a BT engineer in our house looking at a fault with our phone line.

Anyway, when Sir Robbie Earle netted me and my mate went berserk and the BT guy came running into the lounge and asked 'have Rovers scored?'.....it was delightful to reply 'No, but Vale have!'

Here it is for comedy value....go to 3:47 secs if you can't be arsed to watch the lot...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Oh there are strong links between the gas and Vale - the 1989 play offs spring to mind as high comedy!

Me and my mate were at home in my parents house listening to it on the radio....there was a BT engineer in our house looking at a fault with our phone line.

Anyway, when Sir Robbie Earle netted me and my mate went berserk and the BT guy came running into the lounge and asked 'have Rovers scored?'.....it was delightful to reply 'No, but Vale have!'

Here it is for comedy value....go to 3:47 secs if you can't be arsed to watch the lot...

Love it!  Bet they loved Robbie Earle.  Good to be reminded again about what a dump Twerton was as well. Looked like a park ground. Nigel Martyn was bloody good mind. 

5 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Oh really? Quote from your own forum  "Bunch of tits stood on the steps all game instead of finding their seats. Also, the absolute f*cking pr!ck who started shouting out in the minutes silence ought to be banned for life, the belter" 

• Like 1