IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

• Admin
2 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

This seems to sum it up pretty well ...

BRFC-Accounts.thumb.png.05487d4a38146d9df1fc0b1c2ab03295.png

A small company ... but not exactly debt-free since Wally came to the rescue with all his millions!

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00051828/filing-history

My knowledge of accounting is somewhat limited, but I gather from the link above, they are nearly £9M in debt, most of it to Dwayne Sports.

8 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

My knowledge of accounting is somewhat limited, but I gather from the link above, they are nearly £9M in debt, most of it to Dwayne Sports.

Which puts to bed the 15ers claim that they are "debt free".

They often make the comment that WHEN SL walks away, we are ******. Well the same applies to them; WHEN Wally walks away, THEY are ****** too ! 

7 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Which puts to bed the 15ers claim that they are "debt free".

They often make the comment that WHEN SL walks away, we are ******. Well the same applies to them; WHEN Wally walks away, THEY are ****** too ! 

Generally the figures could be taken with a positive spin, their income is slightly up, their operating loss has lessened although that was only in the period up to June last year. It will be interesting to see if they have maintained that,  paying League 1 wages with only an increase of 1000 on their average attendances. Presumably Wael has a method of managing the debt in Dwayne Sports and taking the interest on that debt away from the club itself is common practice. 

Edited by Port Said Red

• Admin

None of us want the Gas to get promoted but at 50/1 I had to take the insurance bet. Just by me placing it should ensure they fail but given their history of making late successful runs it'd be nice to have some monetary compensation should they achieve it. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Malago said:

BEP strangely silent on the sag family club's financial results and the fact the now nearly £9 million debt hasn't been written off by Al Wally.

Which if they are racking up losses of 750k in a promotion season must be a concern. 

This time next year, liabilities will likely exceed assets, so selling the Mem wouldn't necessarily give them a start with the stadium project, it would however enable them to settle all of their debts.

Would imagine be right in thinking that SL converted his loans to equity, effectively writing them off?

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

None of us want the Gas to get promoted but at 50/1 I had to take the insurance bet. Just by me placing it should ensure they fail but given their history of making late successful runs it'd be nice to have some monetary compensation should they achieve it. 

Perhaps Wael should do the same. £180K at 50/1 would clear off a chunk of their debt :) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I can remember that when Wael took over he said something on the lines of "the debts have been absorbed". In other words he avoided saying the debts were repaid, but didn't mention where they had gone. The Wonga loan had to be repaid, but the rest have just been transferred from being owed to Nick Higgs to being owed to a shell company in Jersey. 

On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:08, In the Net said:

Of course, no drinking establishments in the Ashton Gate area have ever been advised by the Police to close when Millwall have been coming to town with a promotion place at stake?

I ran the Golden Guinea in Redcliffe from early 1997 to end of 2000, one Saturday millwall,3pm ko, were in town and we were asked by plod to close, I refused and was told to be careful, was I sure?, do I know what Millwall fans are like? think it was manure vs arse in the lunchtime game on tv, we were very very busy as most other pubs were shut, had a great atmosphere and treated the millwall fans, 20 or 25 of em with respect and got it back. The police van kept driving past the pub REALLY slow every few mins and after its 4th or 5th passby I told them to Foxtrot Oscar as they were only likely to cause grief!!!!!!! One moment summed up the afternoon, 3 millwall fans were asking about how long the walk was to AG and I said a good 35/40 mins, as it was 2pm they said they'd better get going, a father and son who always called into us for a pre game 'thorn or 4 overheard and told them to get another beer as they'd give the 3 of them a lift in 20 mins or so. We took Saturday's money by 2.30pm in the afternoon!!!!

Unfortunately in the modern era of social media the "idiot" fans would have swamped us and there's have been loads of grief which is really quite sad.

• Like 12

On 10 April 2017 at 08:19, Maesknoll Red said:

Oh Dwayne Sports!  

Based in the Channel island, the same place as our so called tax dodging owner resides?

That cant be true, as everyone who anyone know its City who are the cheating crooks, with Rovers being the honest family club held back because they do it all by the book.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, redcityman said:

Oh Dwayne Sports!  

Based in the Channel island, the same place as our so called tax dodging owner resides?

That cant be true, as everyone who anyone know its City who are the cheating crooks, with Rovers being the honest family club held back because they do it all by the book.

This is why they are the gift. Hypocritical and delusional and so bloody thick I love them!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redcityman said:

Oh Dwayne Sports!  

So is this the real Rovers owner?

Dwayne+dibbly+_dae249d728be3cf1c21be5428f1de19d.jpg

Edited by JamesBCFC
  • Like 1

So putting my wooden head on [ie applying gas logic] all of the debts have been cleared, the new stadium is being built as we speak & they're going to get promoted.

So everything is as rosy as an Archie Stevens nose or hunky dory as a Frankie Prince pin up.

Oh, wait a minute . . . .

I know some people love it and some people are not so in love with it, but with the Gas stepping into a new era, a more professional era no doubt, should we consider a update of our badge. Weather it's the Bristol City crest, a badass looking Pirate lady or a simple Skull & Crossbones, maybe now is the time to freshen things up?

I think i read somewhere that WAQ said he love red.

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/6354/consider-changing-club-badge#ixzz4e46s22fS

Ah, we just need some hashtags on the shirt, y'know like the other lot have! Classy!

Joking aside, I really like the current badge and I'm always quite surprised it divides opinions so much, it gets a lot of compliments from other supporters.

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/6354/consider-changing-club-badge#ixzz4e7Ee17DH

Off they go again. It must be amazing being a Rovers fan, they seem to get complimented by other sets of fans wherever they go!

Can now add 'great badge' to the list of compliments from other fans: the best away support, amazing fans, how much more likeable they are than city etc.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Kotsy said:

Ah, we just need some hashtags on the shirt, y'know like the other lot have! Classy!

Joking aside, I really like the current badge and I'm always quite surprised it divides opinions so much, it gets a lot of compliments from other supporters.

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/6354/consider-changing-club-badge#ixzz4e7Ee17DH

Off they go again. It must be amazing being a Rovers fan, they seem to get complimented by other sets of fans wherever they go!

Can now add 'great badge' to the list of compliments from other fans: the best away support, amazing fans, how much more likeable they are than city etc.

Everything they get is stolen

They're badge idea was stolen from the side of a Gulliver's rental van

Gulliver's Truck Hire

Edited by kevthered
  • Like 2