IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

58 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

....and on the day we beat Holloway's rabble in front of over 20,000 fans they end up sitting BELOW Fleetwood, Southend and Rochdale....

But, they are 'coming for us' ?!

Yes, yes, we aren't safe yet, but tonight I may have a wry smile and a quiet chuckle (as I take alternate sips of Thatcher's Gold and Chilean Merlot) and I haven't done that many times this season...

Your head will be banging like the shithouse door on a trawler.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

But to be fair do that get 100 pages on a player they never sign?!

I don't know how big the difference in regular posters are between the two forums but it's definitely funnier for me seeing their thread :yes:

On 13/04/2017 at 09:25, Kotsy said:

Ah, we just need some hashtags on the shirt, y'know like the other lot have! Classy!

Joking aside, I really like the current badge and I'm always quite surprised it divides opinions so much, it gets a lot of compliments from other supporters.

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/6354/consider-changing-club-badge#ixzz4e7Ee17DH

Off they go again. It must be amazing being a Rovers fan, they seem to get complimented by other sets of fans wherever they go!

Can now add 'great badge' to the list of compliments from other fans: the best away support, amazing fans, how much more likeable they are than city etc.

Self confessed Family Club of horse punching, steward punching, shirter punching, kings of banning orders and racists. Well done. How loved you lot are!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Never gets old, lest we forget....they are coming for us, they are bigger than us, they are richer than us, they are going to swallow us up and use Ashton Gate as a training ground for their youth team...etc etc etc etc etc...

That's the first time I have ever watched the Beverley Hill Billies in colour! Amazing that their yardstick for comparison is always "The Sh1t". Oh well, the reality turned out to be a farmers field for a training ground, a new subbuteo style scoreboard, some Championship Ready sprinklers and a new tent! They must be so over the moon!!!!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

I'm expecting loads of 'gert teds' to attend and to cause lots of trouble.

I wonder if they will still be coming "en masse" for the relegation party when Birmingham relegate us on the final day of the season as payback for the thousands of Teds that apparently turned up in the Mansfield end and then waited outside in their millions to cheers the Sags out of the football league? Honestly, obsessed and paranoid are ingrained in there self oppressed brains!

• Like 3

Heard  that and have to say I am worried now.

Was DC suggesting indirectly that his appetite to push on next season isn't shared by Wael and Hamer... is there no real challenging budget going to be available? Usually I'm really upbeat after listening to him but tonight I sensed he isn't feeling supported in pushing on next season. 

I think he ended the interview when encouraged for a better end to next season with a flat " We shall see"

i will listen to it again but didnt sound great for next season .... damn I hope I'm wrong! 

I kid you not look dopey interview on gas chap page 2 at the end of you tube clip

they advertise their season tickets for 2017/2018 with mat Taylor sorry didn't know how to copy and paste it 

What is it with daryl clarke interviews with his obsession with being the centre of everything. Yesterday it was "me players, me staff, me fans, me board, me owner". They dont belong to you dopey!!!

I got the impression is was having a dig at the board and maybe a warning. Refered to trollope stagnating when in charge at not pushing on. I reckon if he doesnt get some money he is off and then they will be stuffed.

Edited by Redsi2
Added text
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

That's the first time I have ever watched the Beverley Hill Billies in colour! Amazing that their yardstick for comparison is always "The Sh1t". Oh well, the reality turned out to be a farmers field for a training ground, a new subbuteo style scoreboard, some Championship Ready sprinklers and a new tent! They must be so over the moon!!!!

those championship ready sprinklers don't come cheap mind or those championship ready gazebos ,you just cant get stuff like this off the shelf at b and q .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Coombsy said:

Heard  that and have to say I am worried now.

Was DC suggesting indirectly that his appetite to push on next season isn't shared by Wael and Hamer... is there no real challenging budget going to be available? Usually I'm really upbeat after listening to him but tonight I sensed he isn't feeling supported in pushing on next season. 

I think he ended the interview when encouraged for a better end to next season with a flat " We shall see"

i will listen to it again but didnt sound great for next season .... damn I hope I'm wrong! 

I kid you not look dopey interview on gas chap page 2 at the end of you tube clip

they advertise their season tickets for 2017/2018 with mat Taylor sorry didn't know how to copy and paste it 

You mean this 'un?

It's not Matty at the end fella I don't think... think one of them is Mansell?

Edited by Septic Peg

45 minutes ago, In the Net said:

No - usually a Saturday for the lower divisions, horse punching is against the law on Sundays.

So, he could have punched that horse any other day of the week and it would have been legal? The poor bloke, you never know what impulsive decisions taken can bring, if you haven't read up on the current legal situation. It always pays to study law. Perhaps they should put signs up.

On a related issue. They must have filmed the scene in Blazing Saddles during the weekend, because I know for a fact that, horse punching is illegal in California during the week and during normal working hours.

I thought a proud boast of the gas heads was their "unique" blue & white quarters.

No; they even knicked that idea as they didn't use quarters until 1931 http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Bristol_Rovers/Bristol_Rovers.htmRovers

Everton wore them in 1894 http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Everton/Everton.htm 

Burton in 1901 http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Burton_United/Burton_United.htm 

Shrewsbury 1907 http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Shrewsbury_Town/Shrewsbury_Town.htm