IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

A bloke last week, at Weston super Mare's open day vs Margate last week, came up to me and my mate overhearing me telling my mate saying "wow, you'd think weston aint winning with this quiet crowd" (bear in mind, there had been a few chants etc and Weston were 3-1 up at the time.) This bloke came up and said "You get better atmosphere at Bristol Rovers, I've been to both City and Rovers this year and Rovers produce the better atmosphere" - I then proceeded to say "This season maybe, as they are having a good run, chance at playoffs (at the time) and are drooling at the thought of playing City. I'm a city lad through and through and so is my mate here, sure we've had a pretty abysmal season but I think hopefully we will stay up and avoid the saggy blue few" - He then stormed off. I found it pretty funny because he claimed to have visited both teams so I thought he'd be a neutral, because if he was he'd at least say "fair enough" or something to that effect but to storm off? Tells a different story that.

Aw its so cringey when fans go on about atmosphere at stadiums. Clubs have their good and bad days end of and proper football fans would know this.

Ive heard from "neutrals" who go to both and say theres not much difference but city are louder because theres more fans in the stadium.

Its so funny on facebook and twitter when they try and find anything they can that makes rovers look better than city.

55 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Aw its so cringey when fans go on about atmosphere at stadiums. Clubs have their good and bad days end of and proper football fans would know this.

Ive heard from "neutrals" who go to both and say theres not much difference but city are louder because theres more fans in the stadium.

Its so funny on facebook and twitter when they try and find anything they can that makes rovers look better than city.

What have they found..?!

3 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I'd love to fly a drone over the Minimal on a match day playing "mind the gap" on a loop - the meltdown would be apocalyptic.

Was going to suggest having someone hack their tannoy, then I remembered we are talking about the sags. its most likely running 8 tracks!

Just now, wendyredredrobin said:

Has anyone managed to graph the gap over the years?  I did have a go, but got stuck when they changed the number of teams in each division and my excel skills aint that great.

Then we could make a monument of the graph

One graph with final league positions and average attendances would be great