IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Tammys Scan said:

"Worth noting that all the teams with higher attendances have large all seater stadia. It's hard for us to average over 10 000 when that's not far off capacity."

Is it just me that can't find any logic in this?

Can't they just buy 2 tier, Championship ready tents and double their capacity? Seems just as logical: if you erect the tents they will come and all that.

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

Can't they just buy 2 tier, Championship ready tents and double their capacity? Seems just as logical: if you erect the tents they will come and all that.

Judging by our Chairman's remarks at the club's AGM tonight this may not be too far removed from the truth. 

11 hours ago, BA14 RED said:

I see on their forum they are reminiscing days gone by as usual about 1990. Well done boys, but lets not forget tomorrow is the anniversary of your great relegation to nowhere.

Fwiw i'd take losing 3-0 to them and them winning the league for us to then have 17 years of us consistently being above them. Worth it.

Yes, since 1990 they've been in the wilderness ever since. We effectively relegated the scum three years later, effectively clinched promotion by beating them in 1998, saw them drop into the Basement in 2001, almost saw them drop out of the league altogether over the next two seasons (b***** Rammell), and stayed at least a division ahead of them every step of the way, with their delicious drop into the Conference being the icing on the cake. 

Would I swap 1990 for us winning 3-0 at Barf and taking the title, only for our respective histories to be reversed over the ensuing quarter century? I should coco.

Although do confess a teeny bit of envy at not having achieved the following:-

KO from the Worthington Cup before the first round

FA Trophy first round runners-up

Not having as many Facebook friends as them

7 hours ago, bert tann said:

Judging by our Chairman's remarks at the club's AGM tonight this may not be too far removed from the truth. 

I see no one is posting the results of the AGM last night, that can only mean bad news,

ie: bigger debt, no uwe, no investment, 

Next you will be told that the Mem has been sold to cover costs and you're homeless again accept you've pissed off just about every local club so you don't have the option of a ground share this time

• Like 1

Just now, Red Army 75 said:

U couldn't make it up could you. Brilliant 

You literally couldn't!

Are they the only team ever in history to be relegated by a team wearing their own kit..? Surely, they must be!! 

• Like 5