IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

12 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

So the money they got for Taylor is paying for sand, grass seed, a couple of sprinklers, new curtains, carpet cleaning and a lick of paint?.

Well I think it's a great strategy personally and on January 17th when the planning permission runs out, Wally can say "we can't leave the Minimal now after all of the investment of last summer".

AND ...the dropped kerb (your enthusiasm...sags) :P

Edited by slartibartfast

1 hour ago, alexukhc said:

I heard from a gas mate about Ricky Miller even though he's just joined Peterborough on a free, the sags made a bid for him as soon as he signed the contract, they're that desperate for him

I'm sure things will improve for them in the transfer market soon. 

Remember the story where a player who previously rejected a move to us, then wanted to come here once they saw the rebuild..? 

Well, just think what a draw the Mem will be once the chewing gum is out of the carpets, fabric blockades to sunlight are installed and you can run your hand along handrails without getting paint splinters in your fingers. There will be very few who can resist such progress and proof, if ever it was needed, that "they are coming for us!"

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'm sure things will improve for them in the transfer market soon. 

Remember the story where a player who previously rejected a move to us, then wanted to come here once they saw the rebuild..? 

Well, just think what a draw the Mem will be once the chewing gum is out of the carpets, fabric blockades to sunlight are installed and you can run your hand along handrails without getting paint splinters in your fingers. There will be very few who can resist such progress and proof, if ever it was needed, that "they are coming for us!"

Do you think if enough of us write in, we can get them on '60min Makeover'? Not enough for DIY SOS to do in 9 days but a lick of paint, some soft furnishings, scatter cushions, carpet offcuts should do the trick....

Just now, BanburyRed said:

Do you think if enough of us write in, we can get them on '60min Makeover'? Not enough for DIY SOS to do in 9 days but a lick of paint, some soft furnishings, scatter cushions, carpet offcuts should do the trick....

They don't need our help. They've got their own billionaire owner, remember..! 

2 hours ago, alexukhc said:

I heard from a gas mate about Ricky Miller even though he's just joined Peterborough on a free, the sags made a bid for him as soon as he signed the contract, they're that desperate for him

i thought your mate was talking normal gas shit then I just read this,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39882334 

oh they are the gift that keep giving, could of signed on a free nah we'll offer 250k thats better

• Like 1

16 hours ago, pride of the west said:

You have to wonder that if Wally is so loaded, why were these normal end of season maintenance works not carried out last year?

I can only think of 2 options. He's skint (which we have all kind of figured out) and he wasn't sure how far he could stretch last season's season ticket money. Or this time last yr he still believed UWE had a chance and deemed the spring clean unnecessary. 

they were. The pitch has been done every summer for years. The whole place was decorated within weeks of him being there. Something that never happened under the last lot

Bristol Rovers to battle it out with Portsmouth, Hearts and Hibernian FC for out of contract Sheffield United striker - reports

Rovers are prepared to outbid Portsmouth according to reports

• 10:37, 11 MAY 2017

marcmcn.jpgMarc McNulty in action for Sheffield United

Bristol Rovers are one of a number of clubs taking a close look at out of contract Sheffield United striker Marc McNulty, according to reports.

The 24-year-old spent the 2016/17 season out on loan at Bradford City, scoring just once in 15 appearances although most were from the bench. He returned to Sheffield United in January but only made three appearances without scoring as the Blades clinched the League One title with exactly 100 points.

:rofl2br:

53 minutes ago, Hello said:

they were. The pitch has been done every summer for years. The whole place was decorated within weeks of him being there. Something that never happened under the last lot

Please,please don't forget the(fire damaged)sprinklers..

Great business post insurance right off..

3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

i thought your mate was talking normal gas shit then I just read this,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39882334 

oh they are the gift that keep giving, could of signed on a free nah we'll offer 250k thats better

We weren't interested in him in Jan, didn't want him on a free when we could have, and it wasn't us who made the bid.

Rumor has it it's Charlton, but yano, you do you.

18 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

I take it Dopey is on Twentyman's Radio Bristol show tonight. Just seen a tweet from Radio Bristol saying he wants 10 new players in the summer. Let's see how much is left in the kitty for these after all of the ground improvements.

I'd wager that all 10 combined will still be less in transfer fees than their record singing. 

3 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

I take it Dopey is on Twentyman's Radio Bristol show tonight. Just seen a tweet from Radio Bristol saying he wants 10 new players in the summer. Let's see how much is left in the kitty for these after all of the ground improvements.

They will need them regardless of costs as they have released / not renewing contracts of so many players.

On 5/9/2017 at 19:56, weepywall said:

I can't believe that new curtains and a lick of paint are newsworthy items, its the sort of thing that may be in a village newsletter re a local mid somerset team, sounds like they will be asking local decoraters and curtain makers to give up their Sunday mornings to carry out the work for a couple of pints, I ALMOST feel sorry for them !!!!

Are they Championship ready curtains?

• Like 1