IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Just now, 1960maaan said:

You must be doing it wrong, although I know what you mean if you go in the wrong pubs. For the JPT we stayed on the tube for an extra stop (Holbourne?) Found a decent pub and met a coach load of lads I hadn't seen for years, brilliant day out.

We drove up and only got there an hour before KO due to the bloody traffic so no chance to do anything pre-match. Took forever to get out afterwards and then an hour stuck on the M4 at Reading. I got back home at midnight.

Like I said, I`d never do it up and back the same day again - maybe that`s where I went wrong!

10 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

We drove up and only got there an hour before KO due to the bloody traffic so no chance to do anything pre-match. Took forever to get out afterwards and then an hour stuck on the M4 at Reading. I got back home at midnight.

Like I said, I`d never do it up and back the same day again - maybe that`s where I went wrong!

We were lucky. Got on a pretty much empty train at TM, they had put extra on, then tubes were waiting straight to the pub. As easy as that.

2 hours ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

Why?

Wemberlee is such a shit day out

Pubs suck, area sucks afterwards all the decent boozers in Marylebone are closed by the met.

If city spunked an FA cup final appearance  I may go again otherwise you can keep it. Oh yeah, it is a complete rip off as well

And it's Millwall - the Nutters' Club  :(

7 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

It is strange. I know not all of the blue few are deluded. But I read this morning that they are bigger than Bradford. :rofl2br:

Some belter on their forum now saying Huddersfield and Barnsley don't have the same potential as the phew. That's the same Huddersfield who are in the play off final :fear:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

That is why on the rare occasion I go on one of their forums , I don't last more than a minute or so. I know we laugh at it, and and their hypocrisy, but the delusion really is international class and mind boggling.

Ignore the 26k for a massive game, but slag others off for taking more !!! They are truly a rare and pathetic (in)breed.

what I don't under stand is how they get the 40000 figure when they only sold less than 30000 tickets .

9 minutes ago, Star of a gunner said:

what I don't under stand is how they get the 40000 figure when they only sold less than 30000 tickets .

I think one poster rounds up from the original , then they repeat it often enough they believe it.  They got 26, call it 30. Then we had over 30, call it 35 for emphasis etc etc . That or they saw we actually took 40+ and liked that number and wanted to be like us.

11 minutes ago, Star of a gunner said:

Because all the neutrals who bought tickets when the Bananarama put them on sale mid season were obviously there to support the club that everyone loves the most in the whole wide world so of course they should be counted.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/9921/millwall-bradford-attendance?page=2&scrollTo=288910

Huddersfield are not huge compared to us.They just have a better history compared to us, and as with Barnsley - do not have anywhere near the same potential as we do.

The only difference between them and us is that over the last 20 years they have developed new stadiums and played at a higher level than us.
:yes:

40 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Some belter on their forum now saying Huddersfield and Barnsley don't have the same potential as the phew. That's the same Huddersfield who are in the play off final :fear:

Season ticket holders are counted for league games whether they are present or not. This explains the drop for their playoff game. Also why city were announcing 17-18k during their sh** run, even though it was more like 13-14. 

The above was copied from asschat. So there's is more and ours is less 

:facepalm:
We would have sold our allocation if we'd made the play off final no doubt about it in my mind.
We only took 37000 or whatever it was for the conference final because it was the conference.
I'm pretty sure we took about 50,000 in 2007 and 1995 and we're better supported now than we were then.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Super said:

We would have sold our allocation if we'd made the play off final no doubt about it in my mind.
We only took 37000 or whatever it was for the conference final because it was the conference.
I'm pretty sure we took about 50,000 in 2007 and 1995 and we're better supported now than we were then.

You really should take the time to incude the original posters name with these! If I hadn't noted the poster, I'd have assumed that one of the lock-out crew has infiltrated us! 

(But you're fine*).

*as a poster, don't be getting any ideas.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Super said:

37k or whatever it was? 

Is this how the gas generate the figures they use?

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Super said:

Get in, attendance figure is up to 50k now. Someone should start a sweep stake to guess when that figure will be higher than the capacity of Wembley, :rofl2br:

Get in, attendance figure is up to 50k now. Someone should start a sweep stake to guess when that figure will be higher than the capacity of Wembley, :rofl2br:

Not forgetting the 50k locked out.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Why do they persist in waxing lyrical about how many they take to Wembley, how many they took to Chelsea in the cup, and any away attendance in general, whilst patting each other on the back, when it only highlights how little support they get for their home games?  If I was them I'd be slamming the fair weather fans as they should be selling out every home game, not averaging 9k or whatever it is

Edited by Tinmans Love Child

43 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

They do struggle with numbers and figures that lot. 

I mean the manager rated their star striker at £10,000,000 and then sold him two weeks later for £300,000........

Is Diane Abbot a gas head?

• Like 8

A few more belters

'I'm sorry dude,but we disagree.

Huddersfield are not huge compared to us.They just have a better history compared to us, and as with Barnsley - do not have anywhere near the same potential as we do.

The only difference between them and us is that over the last 20 years they have developed new stadiums and played at a higher level than us.

How many fans did we take to Wembley compared to Hudderfield in 1995 when we played them in the league one playoff final?

What were either... hudderfields and Barnsley home avg while in league one a few years ago? 8-11k And both play in far better arenas than the Mem. 

As for then having to compete with other clubs in Yorkshire...
Well the lifestyle,and actives to do in the Bristol area far out weight what the Yorkshire are has to offer away from football to keep people busy so that point does not hold up.

'Hopefully we can revisit this in the not so distant future once we have a ground worthy of our potential.'

'Our support numbers for the Grimsbury (sic) game was nothing short of amazing. I know several committed Gasheads who didn't go that day because they were still on the fence regarding Rovers as they had become totally disillusioned with the amateurish, Sunday pub team shambles the club had become. I didn't pull any punches there! 

The last 2 seasons have been amazing, crowds have grown to reflect our success, even with our cow shed of a stadium. I therefore believe we would have taken 40 k+ on Saturday.'

:laughcont::laughcont::laughcont:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

A few more belters

'I'm sorry dude,but we disagree.

So Man Utd and L'pool are no bigger than us, they just have a better history, developed their stadiums and played at a higher level ......

Yep I get it , no difference :clapping::rofl2br::bonkers:

So Man Utd and L'pool are no bigger than us, they just have a better history, developed their stadiums and played at a higher level ......

Yep I get it , no difference :clapping::rofl2br::bonkers:

And there's nothing to do in Yorkshire , except go to football :laughcont:

or how about the

several committed Gasheads who didn't go that day because they were still on the fence regarding Rovers '

Yep they sure sound committed :thumbsup:

and

'once we have a ground worthy of our potential.''

Thought they already have , in fact one too big and 'grand' for those ground stealers

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

or how about the

several committed Gasheads who didn't go that day because they were still on the fence regarding Rovers '

and

Thought they already have , in fact one too big and 'grand' for those ground stealers

Were they sitting on the fence because even splinters were preferable to 90mins+ sitting on the luxury white plastic chairs?!

8 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

or how about the

and

Probably meant they'd been committed.