IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

13 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

If they can't read, how the hell can you exect them to be able to count . Whoops, almost left the "o" out of count there.

They do love to count but seem to struggle with accuracy. I would be happy to offer a training programme on the basics for them. This would be day 2.

18 hours ago, glynriley said:

Some belter on their forum now saying Huddersfield and Barnsley don't have the same potential as the phew. That's the same Huddersfield who are in the play off final :fear:

You are having a laugh! Barnsley and Huddersfield are light years ahead of the blue few both in terms of on and off the pitch. They must be judging Huddersfield by that Wembley appearance but how long ago was that!

I'm not sure if they've played either for quite some time.

I would guess, applying the same "gas logic" & trying to think like a window licker for a moment, that Arsenal are shit because we beat them 2:0 in 78/79 season [IIRC], doh!

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

If they can't read, how the hell can you exect them to be able to count . Whoops, almost left the "o" out of count there.

You may have almost forgotten the "o" but somebody has definitely taken the "p".

• Like 4

It is truly amazing the amount of delusion on their part , especially the Huddersfield / Barnsley ain't bigger than us they just play in a higher division with a bigger ground. It's like , what have the romans ever done for us sketch. 

Just to add they haven't played in the championship for 25 years , just let that sink in , 25 years. Bigger than Norwich though :rofl2br:

The fact that they didn't take 40k+ to the play off final was due the fact that they weren't good enough to get into the play off final in the first place. In fact they haven't been good enough to get to the third level play off final in 22 years, added to which they haven't been promoted to the second tier for 27 years.  Maggie was PM the last time it happened.  Indeed since they only managed 3 promotions to the second tier in the 96 years they were last a football league club, it seems a tad previous to speculate about promotion to the Championship in only the second season of their latest spell in the football league proper.

Edited by Malago

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Anyone want to put a date on when Dopey will depart for pastures new? My money`s on the last week of June when he realises he can`t afford any players and someone like Fleetwood comes calling after Rosler`s been poached.

All being well, he'll load the squad with shit players first and then do the offski.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

He's been working very hard at doing that for the last couple of years. 

To be fair, with no investment from the billionaire, he assembled a squad capable of getting them to League One.

The only way is backwards now without funds, and I don't imagine Dopey will hang around if that isn't the reality.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

To be fair, with no investment from the billionaire, he assembled a squad capable of getting them to League One.

The only way is backwards now without funds, and I don't imagine Dopey will hang around if that isn't the reality.

He`d be mad to stick around. His stock will never be higher than it is now and he knows that. He`ll scarper as soon as the first half decent offer comes along.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

He`d be mad to stick around. His stock will never be higher than it is now and he knows that. He`ll scarper as soon as the first half decent offer comes along.

Quite agree.

What will be interesting is if Wally decides to give a mate who has done a bit of coaching in Jordan a job, or if he goes with tried and trusted candidates.

If I were them I'd be nervous. So far the club have over achieved with no investment and with a manager who (based on results) has been unsackable, the first test of the new regime will be when decision time comes around. 

I look forward to it. It's gonna be hilarious.

• Like 1

On 21/05/2017 at 20:54, Bristol Rob said:

You really should take the time to incude the original posters name with these! If I hadn't noted the poster, I'd have assumed that one of the lock-out crew has infiltrated us! 

The 'Lock Out Crew' - genuis!

It sounds like a well dodgy '80s hip hop band - pretty appropriate then!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

They sold the guy who's goals got them where they are for £10million. 

Oh no, sorry. No they didn't get that, did they..! 

• Like 1

On ‎21‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 22:40, BobBobSuperBob said:

And there's nothing to do in Yorkshire , except go to football :laughcont:

or how about the

several committed Gasheads who didn't go that day because they were still on the fence regarding Rovers '

Yep they sure sound committed :thumbsup:

and

'once we have a ground worthy of our potential.''

Thought they already have , in fact one too big and 'grand' for those ground stealers

It's always amazed me that Bath City managed to hold on to Twerton Park...

• Like 3