IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

15 minutes ago, PhilC said:

50,000 for matches that attracted 61,589 and 59,175.... That seems perfectly plausible

If you apply gas logic...

You couldn't make it up.......or apparently you can.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, In the Net said:

59243888b76b1_DianeAbbottRovers.jpg.3a9ea4e900d19532d0dbb73a480c7ff2.jpg

Seriously, don't you sit there cringing with embarrassment, when you see quotes of the utter bollocks that your lot consistently state as fact..?

I'm genuinely amazed that you'd want to frequent a place that justifiably belittles your club and the (majority of) morons who follow it. No doubt, perfectly reasonable people in general, who get sucked into the "Gas logic" way of thinking and become deluded cretins. 

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Ha Ha Ha Ha

Capture.PNG

2 hours ago, PhilC said:

50,000 for matches that attracted 61,589 and 59,175.... That seems perfectly plausible

If you apply gas logic...

1 hour ago, NOTBLUE said:

You couldn't make it up.......or apparently you can.

Regarding the conference final - "Socrates" is saying they took 37K

The grimbsy local rag reported on May 10th that Grimbsy had sold around 10K and the gas around 25K (note this was one full week before the final) - that leaves the total at that point 12k short of the 47k that actually attended on the day. Using his gas logic "taking 37k" means EVERY one of the tickets bought in the last week running up to the match was sold to a gashead! Utterly delusional!

This would also handily be ignoring the early bird offer that was run by the conference/wembely and EE, and any tickets actually bought by neutral.

There is a more "reasonable and likely" scenario as below:

The report states that one week before the match ticket sales were 10K Grimsby and 25K gas (as above)

lets assume also that on the day there were 2K early bird / neutrals (in reality it may have been less/more but it doesnt make his deluded 37k either way)

so this would leave 10K tickets total to be sold in the last week, and it ssems reasonable to assume these also sold at ratio of 1 to 2.5 Grimsby to gas like before the final week - statistically speaking the 35K sample they have at the stage the newspaper reported is a pretty good inidcator.

the final total then would be 12.9K Grimsby - 32.2K gas  and 2K early bird

Now if the early bird and neutral figure was higher (which could easily be the case) it would push the gas attendance below that mark

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Seriously, don't you sit there cringing with embarrassment, when you see quotes of the utter bollocks that your lot consistently state as fact..?

I'm genuinely amazed that you'd want to frequent a place that justifiably belittles your club and the (majority of) morons who follow it. No doubt, perfectly reasonable people in general, who get sucked into the "Gas logic" way of thinking and become deluded cretins. 

In the Net produced a nice touch of the traditional Rovers sense of humour which is almost extinct now.

I frequent OTIB because of the hilarity of posters poking fun at the absurdities which come out of The Mem and which have hardly dried up since Nicholas left. We keep scoring the own goals so it's not surprising City fans make the most of it. This light hearted mirth is what football rivalry should be about but sadly the "banter" coming the other way is too often tinged with resentment. Even today there is a gaschat post encouraging fans to boycott Argos because they have been taken over by Sainsburys but thankfully sensible posters are discouraging such nonsense.

How we got to this point is hard to say because in the days of "Ashton Alf" and "Eastville Ern" Rovers fans had a distinctive character which certainly did not include boastfulness, exaggeration or the type of paranoiac blind faith we see today.,  

Edited by bert tann
  • Like 12

On 22/05/2017 at 12:18, Port Said Red said:

They do love to count but seem to struggle with accuracy. I would be happy to offer a training programme on the basics for them. This would be day 2.

Good old Baldrick did a great impression of a Gashead trying to count, though he forgot to mention the 50,000 beans locked out.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, bert tann said:

In the Net produced a nice touch of the traditional Rovers sense of humour which is almost extinct now.

I frequent OTIB because of the hilarity of posters poking fun at the absurdities which come out of The Mem and which have hardly dried up since Nicholas left. We keep scoring the own goals so it's not surprising City fans make the most of it. This light hearted mirth is what football rivalry should be about but sadly the "banter" coming the other way is too often tinged with resentment. Even today there is a gaschat post encouraging fans to boycott Argos because they have been taken over by Sainsburys but thankfully sensible posters are discouraging such nonsense.

How we got to this point is hard to say because in the days of "Ashton Alf" and "Eastville Ern" Rovers fans had a distinctive character which certainly did not include boastfulness, exaggeration or the type of paranoiac blind faith we see today.,  

You'd be mad to boycott argos...

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/6163408

£6.49 per seat, bargain!

Edited by RumRed
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, RumRed said:

£6.49 per seat, bargain!

Thanks for the information RedRum.

I make that 21700 x £6.49 which is £140,833.00 and well within budget for the UWE Stadium .

Unfortunately tents have gone up but as soon as knickers come down it will be all cisterns go.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Thanks for the information RedRum.

I make that 21700 x £6.49 which is £140,833.00 and well within budget for the UWE Stadium .

Unfortunately tents have gone up but as soon as knickers come down it will be all cisterns go.

I'm on commission.  Just on the off chance can you mention a monorail to Wael?  SL has stopped returning my calls and I preordered so the rolling stock is currently sat in Frenchay costing me a packet.  Ta

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

If you can't laugh at yourself, then how can you laugh at anybody else?  Life's too short not to see the funny side at your own expense sometimes. 

• Like 16

2 hours ago, RumRed said:

£6.49 per seat, bargain!

1 Matty Taylor = 46,225 HOME Stacking Chairs

...if they set them out in the car park, there would be nearly enough for each of the locked out fans to relax and to take in the roar of the crowd in comfort

_80358270_roversfans2.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

i see a non story in the post today about the timeline on the UWE, getting ready for bad news perhaps? 

If Wally doesn't splash the cash this window, then I think we can assume that his ownership of Rovers will be remembered as a property deal gone bad.

8 hours ago, Monkeh said:

i see a non story in the post today about the timeline on the UWE, getting ready for bad news perhaps? 

I don't think there will be an announcement.  They'll just let the planning permission run out and then blame UWE for not reaching an agreement:

• Like 1

Well it seems their training ground plans have been drawn up finalised and will be submitted soon - heard they are pretty decent with large facilities and more than a dozen pitches of varying sizes and playing surfaces. So keep your eyes / ears open. 

6 hours ago, Fiale said:

Well it seems their training ground plans have been drawn up finalised and will be submitted soon - heard they are pretty decent with large facilities and more than a dozen pitches of varying sizes and playing surfaces. So keep your eyes / ears open. 

I head that 3 months ago and yet nothing has been done

6 hours ago, Fiale said:

They drew up plans and had them approved for the Men about 5 years ago...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fiale said:

So their training ground will have better facillities than their actual stadium

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, harrys said:

Any news on UWE? I've heard they've hit problems again

It's consistently one big problem. The fact the first brick needs to be laid in January must be concerning for them as I can imagine it takes a while for the builders to get their act together and book them in so to speak. Have they even got a contractor in place yet?

Edited by pride of the west

• Admin
18 hours ago, Fiale said:

Are there many clubs who have better training facilities ( that they can hire out and recoup cash from) than playing stadium........  Maybe the sags can be the first!!