IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Malago said:

Looks fantastic, but where's the scoreboard that shows our score, in case we're losing at half time.  

They'll go back to the boards that used to be around grounds in the 60's and 70's with match numbers and scores on..... upwards and onwards, they're coming for us...........

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

They'll go back to the boards that used to be around grounds in the 60's and 70's with match numbers and scores on..... upwards and onwards, they're coming for us...........

Good point, but you have to buy a program and all those A, B, C and D's and those numbers and that, and turning the pages with six fingers, it's all a bit of a challenge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

Latest plans just released - looks as though this is affordable. 

image.png

If you're using a tablet or a phone pinch pull this image to the left of the screen. You'll see the 15,358 fans locked out. 

• Like 8

Pity the "family" didn't decide they didn't want to pay for a stadium before they bought the club. A piece of land with pp and infrastructure in place is not going to be cheap. No one can blame uwe for wanting market value for the land.

as stated before UWE can not sale the land as it was a gift and was stated no third party ownership 

When  they took over  they thought the Sainsbury case would have went ahead and would have the money 

no one wants to invest as we all know not many clubs make good profit and most runs at a loss

UWE won't happen and the playing budget will be very low 

best they could hope for is the family don't sale  they have been in London trying to of load it

as for the training ground it's a investment to let the club pay for and then once rovers is off loaded they will rent to them

it's a way of getting some one else to build and pay then take it over 

15 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Pity the "family" didn't decide they didn't want to pay for a stadium before they bought the club. A piece of land with pp and infrastructure in place is not going to be cheap. No one can blame uwe for wanting market value for the land.

as stated before UWE can not sale the land as it was a gift and was stated no third party ownership 

When  they took over  they thought the Sainsbury case would have went ahead and would have the money 

no one wants to invest as we all know not many clubs make good profit and most runs at a loss

UWE won't happen and the playing budget will be very low 

best they could hope for is the family don't sale  they have been in London trying to of load it

as for the training ground it's a investment to let the club pay for and then once rovers is off loaded they will rent to them

it's a way of getting some one else to build and pay then take it over 

Is that right? Not heard that before. They're right up the creek if that's the case. Worrying times for the 'few'. 

54 minutes ago, cynic said:

They had one in place in August 2012 (Buckingham Group).

I was sent an ITT at that time for some stadium works - funnily enough, not had anything back in the last 5 years...

Sainsbury were to be the main funding source at that time and it was obviously thought that it was in the bag. If they had "new money" for the stadium I would think that any main contractor would have re-tendered by now as the costs will have changed in the last 5 years - maybe considerably. 

I have zero knowledge of the construction industry, would you speculate that since planning was granted costs would have increased massively?

I am told that Bristol Rovers is indeed up for sale and the owners expect to recoup the circa £10 million which they have loaned the club.

But who would pay £10 million for a business losing about £1.5 million per year with an asset which cannot be sold without making it homeless and consequently sending those losses catastrophically higher ?

The Jordanian takeover may turn out to have been a cock-up of biblical proportions.

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, bert tann said:

I am told that Bristol Rovers is indeed up for sale and the owners expect to recoup the circa £10 million which they have loaned the club.

But who would pay £10 million for a business losing about £1.5 million per year with an asset which cannot be sold without making it homeless and consequently sending those losses catastrophically higher ?

The Jordanian takeover may turn out to have been a cock-up of biblical proportions.

This can't be true can it . Surely not 

What investment, have the ALQ's actually invested any of their own money in the club or is everything just been paid for by increasing our debts? 

That's my big concern, now what happens in August if talks break down and the club is now £10/11m in debt to Dwane Sports etc.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bert tann said:

If true I hope there won't be too much gloating on here, football deserves better.

• Like 1

Long been suggested that this is a property deal gone bad.

1/ No investment in the team, bar the odd free signing and loan players.

2/Clearly not his first choice of club to buy. He wanted Gillingham.

3/ Understand he supports Chelsea and goes to watch them (can you imagine the scenes if SL spent his free time watching another club!)

4/ Within 12 months, debt will exceed assets - could be less time if they invest.

Wouldn't surprise me if they are focusing on trying to get the freehold of the land at UWE so they can sell the club on with planning permission, land for a new stadium and the Mem to part find it and them able to walk away a few quid better off than when they started.

I would imagine that a few of the more sensible Gas are nervous, but the blinkered majority believe things are going well as they are back in League One and attendances are up.

43 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Sure there would be more than just your murmurings if true, Bert. 

Coming from Lockleaze, I used to go cross country running on said land and I remember h.p.gave the land to UWE because they were refused p.p. for something back in the day.There's nothing in it for UWE to sell the freehold to the gas because Hewitt Packard will just take all the profit when it go's to court

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Sure there would be more than just your murmurings if true, Bert. 

Yes, you would think so, but remember that one of the underlying weaknesses at Rovers is the timidity of what Bristol Rob calls "the more sensible Gas".

I believe many fans close to the inner workings of the club know what is happening but, out of a misplaced sense of loyalty, refuse to speak openly. Many of us assessed Nicholas as a well meaning and committed Rovers fan but knew his blundering would eventually lead to disaster which it did. But only a few were prepared to speak up and they did so not out of personal malice but because they saw the well being of the club was threatened. The same applies with the current owners where every fan wants them to succeed but the vast majority prefer to  turn a blind eye to the worrying gap in credibility which is now opening up rather than speak out and potentially help avert a catastrophe.    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coombsy said:

What investment, have the ALQ's actually invested any of their own money in the club or is everything just been paid for by increasing our debts? 

That's my big concern, now what happens in August if talks break down and the club is now £10/11m in debt to Dwane Sports etc.

Two words 

administration, liquidation 

• Like 1

On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 12:05, cynic said:

They had one in place in August 2012 (Buckingham Group).

I was sent an ITT at that time for some stadium works - funnily enough, not had anything back in the last 5 years...

Sainsbury were to be the main funding source at that time and it was obviously thought that it was in the bag. If they had "new money" for the stadium I would think that any main contractor would have re-tendered by now as the costs will have changed in the last 5 years - maybe considerably. 

construction costs i'd guess have almost doubled in the last 5 years and then your gonna struggle getting labour.....

3 hours ago, bert tann said:

Source?