IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, RumRed said:

If true I hope there won't be too much gloating on here, football deserves better.

No chance. They deserve everything they get. The misguided gloating in the days following the take over is enough to not hold back when it goes belly up. 

We told them to watch out but all they were interested in was the value of wally's watch. 

We knew they had sold out but they wouldn't listen and were more than willing to hold him high on their shoulders after promotion he played no part in. 

Should the rumours be true and they are planning an exit strategy then I will find it highly amusing. 

If they get a fan consortium together to buy the club, realise once and for all that they are way too behind to challenge for and then sustain championship football, and then run the club within their means, I will give them a bit of respect. But I can't see that happening. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

construction costs i'd guess have almost doubled in the last 5 years and then your gonna struggle getting labour.....

Is this (likely to be) a post Brexit crisis, a shortage of skilled workers likely to push the prices up, or am I being too simplistic?

11 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Is this (likely to be) a post Brexit crisis, a shortage of skilled workers likely to push the prices up, or am I being too simplistic?

nothing to do with brexit or any political doings labour costs and materials to an extent been rising sharply last 5 years.

labour costs mainly due to lack of tradesmen about so firms gotta pay top dollar if they want their projects seen through

Just now, archie andrews said:

nothing to do with brexit or any political doings labour costs and materials to an extent been rising sharply last 5 years.

labour costs mainly due to lack of tradesmen about so firms gotta pay top dollar if they want their projects seen through

There seems to be a lot of construction going on again too from what I see driving around. I would imagine a contractor would want some pretty expensive guarantee bonds too given the nature of the customer - football clubs aren`t exactly the most reliable of customers, particularly lower league ones who are heavily in debt with no real assets.

3 hours ago, bert tann said:

Yes, you would think so, but remember that one of the underlying weaknesses at Rovers is the timidity of what Bristol Rob calls "the more sensible Gas".

I believe many fans close to the inner workings of the club know what is happening but, out of a misplaced sense of loyalty, refuse to speak openly. Many of us assessed Nicholas as a well meaning and committed Rovers fan but knew his blundering would eventually lead to disaster which it did. But only a few were prepared to speak up and they did so not out of personal malice but because they saw the well being of the club was threatened. The same applies with the current owners where every fan wants them to succeed but the vast majority prefer to  turn a blind eye to the worrying gap in credibility which is now opening up rather than speak out and potentially help avert a catastrophe.    

Bert - why not come out and admit you're really a lifelong City fan? Your comments are far too sensible for someone of a Rovers persuasion 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alexukhc said:

Didn't they get 10 million for Matty? 

Oh yeah that's right it was 200k

******* gutted wankstains

Funny how he went from world's most biggest asset, top striker and all-round great bloke to ... shithead  and not half the player Billy Bodin is  :laugh:  pathetic

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 3

Just now, Red Army 75 said:

Bitter little lot aren't they . Might not be true but funny seeing the ******* get all salty. Ha ha ha . NLBR 

Having a pop at @bert tann saying he's a fake gashead and @Miah Dennehy saying he's sick because he uses the name of an ex Rovers player who was severely injured outside a pub a few years back... probably uses that name because he was a favourite player of his per chance? Because there was none on gaschat with Matty Taylor referenced names now was there?

Jeez, #gaslogic in full flow on gaschat tonight...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Ye I'm really offended by that . It's so insulting. All the fans in England think it's an amazing name. Because everyone hates Bristol city . And loves rovers. :rofl2br:

Funny you mention this as was speaking to a sheff utd fan today and he said rovers fans were the trampiest fans they had this season. Also sung several songs about us as well.

32k to wembley and 9k at home during two consecutive promotions. Says it all really, just jealous cretins with delusions of grandeur.

4 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Bert - why not come out and admit you're really a lifelong City fan? Your comments are far too sensible for someone of a Rovers persuasion 

No, I'm Rovers all right but there are supporters that are wiser and with much more inside knowledge than me who should be airing their views.

It was OK to have a bit of fun at Nicholas' expense and if you remember I was winding you lot up a little when we all thought the new owners would have the financial muscle to complete the UWE deal and begin to give City a run for your money. But, starting with the excruciating BBC Bristol feature made in Jordan, as the months have passed the evidence has mounted that things are not as they should be. There is no point in typing the list of signals all over again save to say that from the "landing lights" comment by Stephen Hamer to the carpet cleaning and new curtains press release just recently it's obvious that the blundering around is continuing and people who are serious about what they do, such as the Governors of UWE and manager Darrell Clarke, will not put up with it for much longer. 

Unless they can find a benefactor among their friends in the Middle East who is willing to part with tens of millions for the privilege of owning a league 1 football club I fear our owners will be faced with the dilemma of either taking a substantial financial hit themselves or destroying an institution which has graced*** Bristol for the past 134 years. 

( ***   I use this word in the Are You Being Served context)

Edited by bert tann
  • Like 4

On 2015-5-17 at 23:17, cynic said:

Lets wait and see what the Sainsbury result is - that will have a massive bearing on their future (such as it is).

Could be ex-RagAss Rovers if it goes against them...

Post no. 11,   2 years ago.

Good call Cynic.  

Edited by 42nite
  • Like 1

Hey, Bert Tann ... when did ya get back from Vietnam? it was only a terrace song mate, we didn't really think you'd take note and bugger off over there,  phew you've missed shed loads of Gas stuff since you've been away, you won't believe it...

Anyway the the long lost black sheep of your family has turned up over here and  is now *ruining the sheep shaggers across the bridge now too, unbelievable eh?

...*(soz, meant to say 'running' of course :) )

It's ok now miah dennehy . I think they realise you're not a shithead**** and a sick bastard. You are indeed a decent person and indeed a gashead . Which everybody on here knows that. One minute you're a**** the next minute you're gas and sound couldn't make it up . As for Bert Tann you're a definite shithead no doubt about it . So precious aren't they . :sad26:

• Like 2