IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, samo II said:

I don't know what possessed me to do it, but took a peek at gaschat via the link above and can anyone explain to me why they keep talking about us being "jealous" and "bitter" of them?

Genuine question; what aspect of their club do they think we're jealous of?  I cannot think of anything.

The amateur looking badge?

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Don't they still have a car boot sale on a Sunday?

We can only aspire to such off field earnings.

Good point; sort it out, SL.

1 hour ago, 42nite said:

They do have Santas Grotto.

Don't think we have one of those.

Is this in place all year round?  If Rovers celebrate Christmas everyday, that's perhaps something to be jealous of.

49 minutes ago, Southstandoriginal said:

Da world famous quarterz

It's basically Blackburn Rovers' if you look at it with a squint - thinking about it; imagine that explains the origin of the design.

14 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

They got better pasties

Now that is something worth celebrating tbf.  But then I'd probably take a new couple of stands and Championship football instead...

10 minutes ago, Robin Goch said:

The amateur looking badge?

They do seem keen to celebrate folks who were regularly hung, drawn and quartered for being thieves.  Makes you look at the shirts in a whole new light...

10 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

They`re loved and admired in all four corners of the earth and are spoken of in reverential terms wherever people gather together in the name of football?

I doubt the game would exist were it not for them. All hail Rovers!

Is their name is known so far and wide because they've squatted at so many grounds?  

5 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Actually they get a free pasty with every season ticket ....:P

Getting the feeling our apparent bitterness is wholly to do with the quality of their scran.

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I saw that, still trying to work out just what we have to be jealous about.

Well, they were founded first....as if that actually matters. Obviously they'll just ignore the fact that we have over a hundred consecutive seasons of league football under our belts which is something they couldn't even manage in their first attempt before dropping into Non League in 2014.

Im jealous of the fact that they are the 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice of a Jordanian Chelsea fan whilst we're stuck with a Bristolian billionaire who has consistently pumped money into our club despite Gasheads constant predictions that he will walk away. I also wish we could leave our fantastic redeveloped, 27k spiritual home (with all its history) and move into a nice plastic out of town Bowl.

Slagchat morons

4 hours ago, Coombsy said:

Coombsy is one of the biggest morons on OTIB. Cant debate with him because he always has to be right and when you actually state facts he just resorts to abuse. Sad really

looks like I touch a nerve  can't remember being abuseing to him or her 

never mind the truth will be out soon maybe they will come back and say sorry but I won't hold my breath.

Shock. Opinions of some are funny. Personally I find your posts are some of my favourite on here, up there with Harry, Wolf of West Street and Super Bob.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Well, they were founded first....as if that actually matters. Obviously they'll just ignore the fact that we have over a hundred consecutive seasons of league football under our belts which is something they couldn't even manage in their first attempt before dropping into Non League in 2014.

Im jealous of the fact that they are the 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice of a Jordanian Chelsea fan whilst we're stuck with a Bristolian billionaire who has consistently pumped money into our club despite Gasheads constant predictions that he will walk away. I also wish we could leave our fantastic redeveloped, 27k spiritual home (with all its history) and move into a nice plastic out of town Bowl.

Slagchat morons

Just one thing to add. There has been a Bristol City longer than there has been a Bristol/bath/South Glos R*vers. 1899 they became BRFC while City became Bristol City in 1897 and joined the League in 1901, that 116 years of Football League for City. Across town they not made double figures yet, even allowing for a Div 5 they didn't join until 1920 before which I guess they would have been a pub side... nothing changes .

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wanksy

copyright mind

mce-insurance-news-blog-wanksy-greater-m

1 minute ago, Swede said:

I'm so jealous of bristol rovers because;

They used to have a big fireworks display behind the goal every year until they decided to have it in the south stand.

We used to do a display on the old open end terracing. I can remember being a nipper, sat in the Dolman watching it.

19 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Having a pop at @bert tann saying he's a fake gashead and @Miah Dennehy saying he's sick because he uses the name of an ex Rovers player who was severely injured outside a pub a few years back... probably uses that name because he was a favourite player of his per chance? Because there was none on gaschat with Matty Taylor referenced names now was there?

Jeez, #gaslogic in full flow on gaschat tonight...

I don't think Maih Dennehy was anyones favourite!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

He WAS awful, you could have done better Miah !:cool:

I know! I think I just popped over here for a nose and a laugh because you were having a bad time of things, and as my Rovers forum name had 'Gas' in it I thought I'd try and sneak in as it were :)

I wish I had chosen someone different, every time I log in I struggle with the spelling of Dennehy!

• Like 2

Just now, Miah Dennehy said:

I know! I think I just popped over here for a nose and a laugh because you were having a bad time of things, and as my Rovers forum name had 'Gas' in it I thought I'd try and sneak in as it were :)

I wish I had chosen someone different, every time I log in I struggle with the spelling of Dennehy!

In your considered opinion Miah is there any substance in what was posted by Bert earlier?

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

In your considered opinion Miah is there any substance in what was posted by Bert earlier?

Dunno- didn't read it! I struggle with his posts a bit!

Was it something about the ground? If it was, I rarely read stuff about what/maybe/shoulda/coulda happen. If we get a ground we do, if we don't we don't. It won't affect my support for the club.

• Like 3