IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Just now, Miah Dennehy said:

Dunno- didn't read it! I struggle with his posts a bit!

Was it something about the ground? If it was, I rarely read stuff about what/maybe/shoulda/coulda happen. If we get a ground we do, if we don't we don't. It won't affect my support for the club.

Your fellow gasheads turning against you miah. Well we did warn you about the majority of your fan base.

3 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Was it something about the ground? If it was, I rarely read stuff about what/maybe/shoulda/coulda happen. If we get a ground we do, if we don't we don't. It won't affect my support for the club.

It was to do with the club being clandestinely put up for sale due to expected funds from the Al Qadi family not being forthcoming

11 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I know! I think I just popped over here for a nose and a laugh because you were having a bad time of things, and as my Rovers forum name had 'Gas' in it I thought I'd try and sneak in as it were :)

I wish I had chosen someone different, every time I log in I struggle with the spelling of Dennehy!

Change it to something Jones, you used to have loads of those :baa:

4 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Sometimes you really are no fun at all :yawn:

They go on about their stupid f-ing  kit all the time.

But what they fails to point out is that they only changed to blue and white quarters in the 1930s after playing in black with a yellow stripe for 50 years , they changed stripe in the 1930s because they wanted to get notice by others and step out of our shadow, this is not a wind up but fact.

Bristol City have always played in red we have never sold out for a cheap publicity stunt, let's start reminding the gas WHY they play in blue and white quarters.

Just now, bs3 said:

But what they fails to point out is that they only changed to blue and white quarters in the 1930s after playing in black with a yellow stripe for 50 years , they changed stripe in the 1930s because they wanted to get notice by others and step out of our shadow, this is not a wind up but fact.

Bristol City have always played in red we have never sold out for a cheap publicity stunt, let's start reminding the gas WHY they play in blue and white quarters.

Yellow stripe sounds about right. In the old days at Eastville it went right up their backs whenever we visited.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

You're getting a bit of stick Miah on your own forum, ignore 'em, were you up Hamden for the cup final, thought it was a cracking game 

39 minutes ago, bs3 said:

Not quite correct, they played mostly in black and white stripes from the early 1900s until the First World War. Then they had a Spurs style kit for 8 years (white shirts, dark blue shorts) then an Everton home-style kit before adopting the quarters in 1931.

What is also interesting is that they ditched their "world famous" quarters from 1962 to 1973 - instead playing in kits more akin to Sheffield Weds (home) and Everton (home) again.

In summary, a history of pretty shite kits....

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I know! I think I just popped over here for a nose and a laugh because you were having a bad time of things, and as my Rovers forum name had 'Gas' in it I thought I'd try and sneak in as it were :)

I wish I had chosen someone different, every time I log in I struggle with the spelling of Dennehy!

Stick with what you believe in , and all the best until you play us :P

24 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not quite correct, they played mostly in black and white stripes from the early 1900s until the First World War. Then they had a Spurs style kit for 8 years (white shirts, dark blue shorts) then an Everton home-style kit before adopting the quarters in 1931.

What is also interesting is that they ditched their "world famous" quarters from 1962 to 1973 - instead playing in kits more akin to Sheffield Weds (home) and Everton (home) again.

and a Tesco bag in the late nineties

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It's even worse how many kit , colours did they play in.

The fact that they changed their kit to blue and white quarters just to get notice is a bit sad.

Edited by bs3
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, bs3 said:

It's even worse how many kit , colours did they play in.

The fact that they changed their kit to blue and white quarters just to get notice is a bit sad.

Well by my reckoning they've had black shirts with a yellow sash, green and yellow halves, sky blue and white hoops, black and white stripes, white shirts, blue shirts, blue and white striped shirts and blue and white quarters....mayhem, no identity....

• Like 1

I am sorry if Miah has received abuse on the Rovers forum through somehow being associated with me and I hope these posters now realise their error and will apologise.

It would also be a good time for members of the Rovers forum who are close to the club, perhaps those who know people working at the Mem or have themselves held positions within the support organisations, to confirm they have heard no suggestion at all that the club is up for sale. If they can do that I am sure it would give great comfort to fans who believe such an idea to be preposterous.

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well by my reckoning they've had black shirts with a yellow sash, green and yellow halves, sky blue and white hoops, black and white stripes, white shirts, blue shirts, blue and white striped shirts and blue and white quarters....mayhem, no identity....

They stole the quarters as well. Wycombe had them before the gAss. 

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

And every kit I've seen them play in looks scruffy, just like the tramps that follow them, a cross section of society with more than their fair share of dustmen, ice cream sellers and warehouse men. There's just something scruffy about the club as a whole. Compare the classy early 70s City shirt with its fine lines to their baggy washed out thing, with white bands around the neck and cuffs, no class at all.

7 minutes ago, bert tann said:

I am sorry if Miah has received abuse on the Rovers forum through somehow being associated with me and I hope these posters now realise their error and will apologise.

It would also be a good time for members of the Rovers forum who are close to the club, perhaps those who know people working at the Mem or have themselves held positions within the support organisations, to confirm they have heard no suggestion at all that the club is up for sale. If they can do that I am sure it would give great comfort to fans who believe such an idea to be preposterous.

I don't think I have, one bloke said something and a couple of others put him right. Anyway, it's only the internet, people really shouldn't get so angry on it- the bastards.:)

• Like 6

Just now, bert tann said:

There is an air of hatred within the supporter base of BRFC, towards anyone who questions the goings on at their club. They seem to rally round and shout down anyone who has the balls to do so. It seems to be brought about by blind faith towards their club that, anyone associated with it, could possibly do no wrong.

I genuinely feel an empathy towards the normal supporter (and I only personally know a few), who only wants success for his/her team. It does seem that, unfortunately, people like Bert and Miah are targeted by those with blind faith, and are accused of being shyteheads. May their blind faith continue, until the dust settles after the demolition of the rugby ground, for a new housing site, it will be best for Bristol football in the long term, in my opinion.

Just now, Miah Dennehy said:

I don't think I have, one bloke said something and a couple of others put him right. Anyway, it's only the internet, people really shouldn't get so angry on it- the bastards.:)

Any Roverzzz fan who has read your posts on here and thinks you're one of us must a ******* idiot...

Oh hang on. 

24 minutes ago, Rich said:

And every kit I've seen them play in looks scruffy, just like the tramps that follow them, a cross section of society with more than their fair share of dustmen, ice cream sellers and warehouse men. There's just something scruffy about the club as a whole. Compare the classy early 70s City shirt with its fine lines to their baggy washed out thing, with white bands around the neck and cuffs, no class at all.

Cheeky git I work in a warehouse as do a lot of other City supporters ,not claiming to be classy but could do without the insult .Didnt know I had to have a white collar job to support the City 

• Like 7

Just now, Mr Roper said:

Cheeky git I work in a warehouse as do a lot of other City supporters ,not claiming to be classy but could do without the insult .Didnt know I had to have a white collar job to support the City 

I didn't insult you, get over it.

I worked in a warehouse, until I realised the uneducated ignorant ones just happened to be gasheads, as well.