IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/mangotsfield-roofer-wins-80000-scratch-99180

Sag wins 80k a tidy sum (deserving of a photoshoot down the mem, tent named after him maybe ?), buys a new audi A3  (BASE MODEL 19k)  then chucks his parents 5K and says " I am just leaving it in my bank account and I am going to be sensible with it – I don’t want to be one of those people who wins that kind of money and then has nothing for it"   at that rate you have another fortnight.......

Edited by tts_city

1 hour ago, tts_city said:

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/mangotsfield-roofer-wins-80000-scratch-99180

Sag wins 80k a tidy sum (deserving of a photoshoot down the mem, tent named after him maybe ?), buys a new audi A3  (BASE MODEL 19k)  then chucks his parents 5K and says " I am just leaving it in my bank account and I am going to be sensible with it – I don’t want to be one of those people who wins that kind of money and then has nothing for it"   at that rate you have another fortnight.......

"The sensible 23-year-old Bristol Rovers fan isn't planning to fritter away his winnings."

Spot the oxymoron time.......

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tts_city said:

Few things.

I misread the URL as Mangotsfield Rooster and was wondering why poultry were winning money.

That 5k that has been speculated on as a gift for his folks? Think of how many carpets and curtains that sort of money could clean!

So he's  not a sag at all, it's the Rovers supporting editor throwing him a few quid to be photographed in stadium Chernobyl wearing the famous quarterz scarf. Seems to run in the supporter base, you have to support a premier league team in preparation for when the inevitable happens and non league comes calling again.

Edited by cidercity

10 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Rovers creaming themselves over their first two call ups since that latvian guy.

We have had too many to count over the last several years. Another win for the City.....its getting boring now 

It'll all change soon, now they have that Jordanian youth player 'Screech' who is going to the figure of fun in a new comedy

'Saved by the Wael'.

• Like 5

Just now, Mtimmy11 said:

If the gas had a brain they would of bought the dings landseer ave site.They had 4 pitches, a club house and car park and talking to a redrow  worker they had it for peanuts

they got some brains but they haven't got any cash

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mtimmy11 said:

The land was sold when higgs was in charge and they thought they had the sainsbury money.Unless they now buy a low value site e.g. avonmouth way there is no way they will ever build in bristol

again they didn't have the cash, if they spent that sainsburys money they didn't get on that land, then there may not be a rovers now for us to laugh at

1 hour ago, Champion Dung Spreader said:

The gashead Charlotte Leslie has gone and Bristol is red again; is this another nail in the UWE coffin?

I wondered this too, she was certainly an ally of theirs. Every little helps!