IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

12 hours ago, Mtimmy11 said:

If the gas had a brain they would of bought the dings landseer ave site.They had 4 pitches, a club house and car park and talking to a redrow  worker they had it for peanuts

Dings were happy with it, and the deal was in effect done several years ago, when the original plan was for Dings to move to the land that Rovers have just bought for their training facilities.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Dings were happy with it, and the deal was in effect done several years ago, when the original plan was for Dings to move to the land that Rovers have just bought for their training facilities.

The ground dings had lined up was BishiptonRFC on Bonington walk with them having to move.dings were struggling like a lot of rugby clubs at the time,how we got are new ground on one of the most prime locations in south glos is belonged me.

4 hours ago, Mtimmy11 said:

The ground dings had lined up was BishiptonRFC on Bonington walk with them having to move.dings were struggling like a lot of rugby clubs at the time,how we got are new ground on one of the most prime locations in south glos is belonged me.

it wasn't, it was the Almondsbury site that Rovers just bought, I went to the meetings and everything!

5 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

it wasn't, it was the Almondsbury site that Rovers just bought, I went to the meetings and everything!

Not the same one as me when the council offered the bish land near horfield sports centre in return to let the dings move,the almondsbury site was not on the map

31 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

It's like the world's worst 'odd one out' round for HIGNFY!

I've been playing spot the deliberate mistake. Not sure if its the broken shoe of the lady on the left or the randomly placed upside down plate on the floor. Tough round this.

• Like 1

Just now, Gazred said:

I've been playing spot the deliberate mistake. Not sure if its the broken shoe of the lady on the left or the randomly placed upside down plate on the floor. Tough round this.

I think this is who has the worst nose.

Not sure who the loser is.

1 hour ago, BanburyRed said:

It's like the world's worst 'odd one out' round for HIGNFY!

Actually it's from HIGSNFY (Have I got stadium news for you) and the programme, which is due to go out next decade, will reveal the source of finance for our new ground.

The deal was brokered by an old tote ender currently residing in China who has had a complete gender make over but in true 1970's style  still insists on wearing a Rovers banner wrapped around his neck. If you look closely you will see he even has the "Tiffany's" entrance stamp showing on the back of his hand.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mtimmy11 said:

Not the same one as me when the council offered the bish land near horfield sports centre in return to let the dings move,the almondsbury site was not on the map

I really don't know what to say , other than I promise you , while there may have been talk of a move to Bish, the original plan was to move to Almondsbury, it caused quite a big rift amongst some Dings members. We even employed ex Rovers director Martin Flook to help get the move through.

7 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I really don't know what to say , other than I promise you , while there may have been talk of a move to Bish, the original plan was to move to Almondsbury, it caused quite a big rift amongst some Dings members. We even employed ex Rovers director Martin Flook to help get the move through.

This is the reason the Dings never move to  Almondsbury 

Trusting any former or present Rovers directors to help a club get a new ground 

I rest my case

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bert tann said:

Actually it's from HIGSNFY (Have I got stadium news for you) and the programme, which is due to go out next decade, will reveal the source of finance for our new ground.

The deal was brokered by an old tote ender currently residing in China who has had a complete gender make over but in true 1970's style  still insists on wearing a Rovers banner wrapped around his neck. If you look closely you will see he even has the "Tiffany's" entrance stamp showing on the back of his hand.

Tiffany's? Crikey, there's a blast from the past! Plastic palm trees, sticky carpets and harp lager were the order of the day at the time IIRC? 

That's a long time ago. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Tiffany's? Crikey, there's a blast from the past! Plastic palm trees, sticky carpets and harp lager were the order of the day at the time IIRC? 

That's a long time ago. :thumbsup:

Remember being determined to outshout Rovers fans when Hi ho silver lining always came on as as the last record of the night -'I see Paul Cheesley's scoring' - and more than once the rivalry continuing in more physical fashion while walking up the slope afterwards.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Remember being determined to outshout Rovers fans when Hi ho silver lining always came on as as the last record of the night -'I see Paul Cheesley's scoring' - and more than once the rivalry continuing in more physical fashion while walking up the slope afterwards.

There was always a 'row' going up that slope IIRC Noggers!

I remember we used to share our annual school 6th form party, with La Retraite girls school, at Tiffanies and anyone from the 4th year up somehow managed to get in. Being a rugby school ( the real St Brendans, not the crappy imitation 6th form it is now), there was usually a drunken scrummage against the palm trees and they usually came second!

Happy memories.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

There was always a 'row' going up that slope IIRC Noggers!

I remember we used to share our annual school 6th form party, with La Retraite girls school, at Tiffanies and anyone from the 4th year up somehow managed to get in. Being a rugby school ( the real St Brendans, not the crappy imitation 6th form it is now), there was usually a drunken scrummage against the palm trees and they usually came second!

Happy memories.

I thought that you'd have been more gentlemanly. Those poor girls.

• Like 3