IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

23 hours ago, Coombsy said:

It's not the same thing at all!

The rosy cheeked Lady Garden, aka Saint Sir Steve, the Duke of Guernsey, deliberately moved his domicile to the Channel Islands with the express intent of avoiding paying as much UK income tax as possible. After all, the poor chap is only worth about £1 billion, we can't expect the poor dear to do the same as everyone else and pay his rightful dues, taxes are only for the poor, not the mega rich.

As a result of his disgraceful tax dodging, he has limited access to the UK and can only spend so many days per year here. Dwane Sports is an entirely different entity, as are the AlQuadi family. They are Jordanian citizens and pay their taxes to the Jordanian government. They are therefore free to come and go in this country as they please, and no doubt have the necessary visas so to do. Dwain Sports is no doubt an entirely loss making enterprise, and would therefore incur no tax liabilities if based in the UK.

Reading the mammoth Gas thread on One Turd it becomes apparent the Shitheads are totally obsessed with Rovers. Some of the swamp-dwellers are even stalking the Al Quadi family, carrying out Companies House checks on everything Rovers related.

They really are showing signs of mental breakdown. They should chill and concent ate on their own club. And what's their continued obsession with Tampax? He's gone. He used you to progress to the next level. He's going to play in the Prem. YOU MEAN NOTHING TO HIM!

PS.

I seem to remember that one of the conditions set by UWE before they entered into a contract to build the stadium was that Rovers put the Mem up as collateral, to insure they wouldn't lose out if for some reason the project failed. Perhaps this charge has been laid to facilitate that.

PS.
No your are wrong
Sainsbury was going to buy the mem and the money would pay for the build at UWE , And let you stay there until it was built.
your new owner was sold a dream 
Thinking he would pay off debt and also get a free new ground.

HIggs the hustler found his mark and pulled him in

All you gas heads rember you won't get something for nothing 

uwe we will not happen
you won't get a good budget 
dopy only sign a five year deal to keep you lot thinking all is good
when you struggle this year he be sacked and happy days you got to pay him.
So far you had the ship that won't sink,  the landing lights, 
whats next.  It's a leep year August 

Says the mob that obsessed and literally jacked  off and went through a ton of Kleenex when Rickie Lambert got picked for England even though he was playing for Southampton at the time. They went out and bought England shirts with his name on the back and placed bets on him scoring and plastered it all over Facebook. Massive POT and KETTLE springs to mind. Stupid stupid Lady Gardens!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Says the mob that obsessed and literally jacked  off and went through a ton of Kleenex when Rickie Lambert got picked for England even though he was playing for Southampton at the time. They went out and bought England shirts with his name on the back and placed bets on him scoring and plastered it all over Facebook. Massive POT and KETTLE springs to mind. Stupid stupid Lady Gardens!

And then thanked rochdale and southampton when interviewed after the game:clapping:

• Like 2

I was walking pass Poundland and to my surprise Mr Alquadi walked out.

We got chatting and I asked why would your son buy Bristol rovers ?

He replied his son asked for a train set so I bought him a railway station in Jordan

Next he asked for a circus and a Cowboys outfit 

I didn't have to think too long and hard, I went and bought him Bristol Rovers

• Like 12

20 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

No need, it would appear that some Saghead, who definitely, definitely didn't read it on here, started a thread about the situation a few hours after Bert Tann posted it in this thread. What a coincidence!

Yeah, funny that! Considering how much he supposedly loves the Gas and how he's 'Gas fer life' he completely forgot about Rovers in that interview...although, I'm sure he did mention something about a 'Beetroot Factory'? 

Maybe that's his nickname for the Mem?

That bloke is such a bitter little ******. 

....and he's clearly 'obsessed'

Spends most of his life trawling through OTIB like a stalker before writing angry essays on Slagchat about City. 

Its been said before and it clearly needs pointing out again, this thread wouldn't be so massive if they didn't give us so many things to laugh about. The fact it gets under their skin is a huge bonus.

**** socks like this do seem unable to differentiate between us taking the piss big time, and us being obsessed

There seems to be a back story to the strange anecdote, it was some in-joke lost on me.

Then someone else made up some crap about having Joe Jordan's face painted in the famous quarters and that he literally cried about it.  Presumably this was further demonstration of sag wit.

In amongst the nonsense there was a post about tortoises and hares, building a house with firm foundations, how one day they'll have greater attendances than us, the gap will be no more etc etc.  Apparently in our heart of hearts we know this is true.  Presumably this was a joke post lost on me as well but I couldn't tell for sure.  It may just have been serious.

15 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

There seems to be a back story to the strange anecdote, it was some in-joke lost on me.

Then someone else made up some crap about having Joe Jordan's face painted in the famous quarters and that he literally cried about it.  Presumably this was further demonstration of sag wit.

In amongst the nonsense there was a post about tortoises and hares, building a house with firm foundations, how one day they'll have greater attendances than us, the gap will be no more etc etc.  Apparently in our heart of hearts we know this is true.  Presumably this was a joke post lost on me as well but I couldn't tell for sure.  It may just have been serious.

Image result for tent blowing away gif

• Like 3

Old Gas has never been the same since his brief encounter last season, at a railway station in London, with Stephen Hamster (Trevor Howard) and W A Qadi (Celia Johnson). 

As the action begins we discover that OG is an honest to goodness salt of the earth follower of a lower league West Country football team who likes nothing better on a Saturday night than to gather around the piano with his mates as Mrs Mills belts out old classics such as “comeandhaveagoatthetoteendaggro”.  It is a simple yet satisfying life with the odd promotion or even odder cup run punctuated by countless Saturdays where the Green Un headline reads “Another City victory – Rovers unlucky again”. But OG is happy, because he knows in his heart that being part of a community of like minded souls and enjoying what he has, rather than pining for something which is perpetually out of reach, is the way he wants to live. 

Then the fateful day arrives when he climbs into a railway carriage and finds himself next to two glamorous figures and leading lights in the world of football about which he is so passionate. After picking the starstruck OG up off the floor Stephen Hamster sits him on his knee and proceeds to tell him what is in store for his football club and how it is going to be transformed into a powerhouse the like of which has not been seen since Caitlyn Jenner was a boy. 

Months pass and OG tramps the streets of Bristol but, try as he might, he cannot rediscover the low door in the wall which leads to an enchanted garden. He finds something similar on the corner of Queen Square but all they do now is spicy foreign food and sadly the days of his favourite prawn cocktail followed by rump steak are long gone. It dawns on him that he is living in a world where people make promises fully aware they are unlikely to ever be fulfilled and, to keep them quiet, children are offered treats which their elders know will probably never materialise. Even the leading lights who appear on TV and who you sometimes meet on trains turn out to be actors reciting completely meaningless lines.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Septic Peg said:

So to cut a long story short, Wally's secured his debt against the stadium, a debt that he could have written off but instead transferred, a debt Rovers have no hope in paying back.

Does this mean what I think it does?

Is Bristol Rovers doomed?

Fingers crossed Mrs Peg, fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Even more ridiculous that SL would go into a commoners car park. He would have used the chopper or the Lear jet. ;)

Absolutely. A helicopter to The Queen`s private helipad at Windsor Castle and a chauffeur driven Rolls to the executive entrance would be de rigeur for a man of his standing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

I find it amusing how the sags really will find the positives in everything they see. 

There can be nothing positive about having a charging order placed on your only asset. 

Perhaps they think that, at a moment's notice, they can change the charging order to a standing order or direct debit...maybe a postal order....