IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

38 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Was thinking earlier does Steve even have any grandkids?

I think JL has a son (can vaguely remember seeing a pic of him when the Lansdown Stand was unveiled) but think he is about 2 or 3...

Edited by Septic Peg

11 hours ago, Lita For Congo said:

They are such an odd fanbase. 

IMG_9608.JPG

I think it sounds perfectly believable that SL spent "hours" chatting "about **** all" with a complete stranger, whilst out with his grand kids at an all day attraction. Mind you, the grand kids were clearly busy terrorising other patrons, as there is no way that SL would have stretched to priority queue jump tickets for them. 

Then he'd have obviously met back up with the aforementioned stranger to walk back to their cars together. Amazing really how they also happened to be parked close by. 

Then, on discovering the strangers alleigence to Rovers, the only rational think to do would be to slate his own investment and heap praise on pretty much the only sporting set up in Bristol that he doesn't support or follow. I'm sure we'd all have done that in his position. 

Then, after receiving such humble, self critical and generous appraisal, of course, the only reasonable response from the stranger would be to reply with an aggressive, confrontational retort, before running away. 

Actually, the last bit, I do believe..! 

• Like 11

19 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think it sounds perfectly believable that SL spent "hours" chatting "about **** all" with a complete stranger, whilst out with his grand kids at an all day attraction. Mind you, the grand kids were clearly busy terrorising other patrons, as there is no way that SL would have stretched to priority queue jump tickets for them. 

Then he'd have obviously met back up with the aforementioned stranger to walk back to their cars together. Amazing really how they also happened to be parked close by. 

Then, on discovering the strangers alleigence to Rovers, the only rational think to do would be to slate his own investment and heap praise on pretty much the only sporting set up in Bristol that he doesn't support or follow. I'm sure we'd all have done that in his position. 

Then, after receiving such humble, self critical and generous appraisal, of course, the only reasonable response from the stranger would be to reply with an aggressive, confrontational retort, before running away. 

Actually, the last bit, I do believe..! 

Danny Baker rules !

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I had heard that mentioned previously, presumably on the night of his guest appearance at one of Rovers' supporters' events.

Is there any truth in the story that he was involved in a fracas? 

Windass gave it the 'do you know who I am' in Chasers and got a slap, fact. Gas friends were there and saw it.

He also gave it the 'cave man' outside and took a bit of a kicking. Yes, it was the night that he was guest speaker at a crappy r**ers event in the old Kingswood legion.

In a 2 club City, you don't shout your mouth off, end of.

The guy's a tool, period! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Nibor said:

Thought some of you might find this photo of a blue tit getting treated appropriately by a robin amusing.

lhyr85ek9u5z.jpg

Now if someone could just Photoshop a football where the log is and drop a suspension bridge in the background, that's new badge material.

• Like 4

On 6/24/2017 at 11:11, Coombsy said:

It's not the same thing at all!

The rosy cheeked Lady Garden, aka Saint Sir Steve, the Duke of Guernsey, deliberately moved his domicile to the Channel Islands with the express intent of avoiding paying as much UK income tax as possible. After all, the poor chap is only worth about £1 billion, we can't expect the poor dear to do the same as everyone else and pay his rightful dues, taxes are only for the poor, not the mega rich.

As a result of his disgraceful tax dodging, he has limited access to the UK and can only spend so many days per year here. Dwane Sports is an entirely different entity, as are the AlQuadi family. They are Jordanian citizens and pay their taxes to the Jordanian government. They are therefore free to come and go in this country as they please, and no doubt have the necessary visas so to do. Dwain Sports is no doubt an entirely loss making enterprise, and would therefore incur no tax liabilities if based in the UK.

Reading the mammoth Gas thread on One Turd it becomes apparent the Shitheads are totally obsessed with Rovers. Some of the swamp-dwellers are even stalking the Al Quadi family, carrying out Companies House checks on everything Rovers related.

They really are showing signs of mental breakdown. They should chill and concent ate on their own club. And what's their continued obsession with Tampax? He's gone. He used you to progress to the next level. He's going to play in the Prem. YOU MEAN NOTHING TO HIM!

PS.

I seem to remember that one of the conditions set by UWE before they entered into a contract to build the stadium was that Rovers put the Mem up as collateral, to insure they wouldn't lose out if for some reason the project failed. Perhaps this charge has been laid to facilitate that.

PS.
No your are wrong
Sainsbury was going to buy the mem and the money would pay for the build at UWE , And let you stay there until it was built.
your new owner was sold a dream 
Thinking he would pay off debt and also get a free new ground.

HIggs the hustler found his mark and pulled him in

All you gas heads rember you won't get something for nothing 

uwe we will not happen
you won't get a good budget 
dopy only sign a five year deal to keep you lot thinking all is good
when you struggle this year he be sacked and happy days you got to pay him.
So far you had the ship that won't sink,  the landing lights, 
whats next.  It's a leep year August 

I don't believe it, I try to point out that things may not be completely rosey in their "progressive" garden and I am accused of stalking. ;) In future I will let them find out for themselves the hard way.  No doubt I will then be accused of gloating...... :) 

24 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

Exactly, the gas forum is known across the country as the most truthful website in the world. If they say it happened, then it must have happened.

Apparently it's also the most read,most liked,most famous,biggest and has the most loyal following in the world.

2 minutes ago, cynic said:

Is it true that at this moment in time the pikeys have only got 10 players with no senior goal keeper ?

If so, wtf happened there ?

They're no doubt monitoring the Ronaldo situation at Real,so that could give them eleven.

1 hour ago, cynic said:

Is it true that at this moment in time the pikeys have only got 10 players with no senior goal keeper ?

If so, wtf happened there ?

1 hour ago, NOTBLUE said:

They're no doubt monitoring the Ronaldo situation at Real,so that could give them eleven.

Has Ronaldo ever played in goal?