IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, glynriley said:

Almost certainly something about Windass.

Fancy having someone who has never played for your club as your ultimate hero..weird lot.

Only if it rhymes with a certain ladies name,they are weird though.

Back in the day, if you'd gone to see Sinatra in concert, you'd have been disappointed had he not sung "My Way". I'm sure that when the gas hoardes are strutting their famous jesterwear around foreign parts they will be well aware that they have an obligation to the locals by singing about Eileen at every opportunity before making their way to soak up the atmosphere of the match from their vantage point in the stadium car park. That's "Their Way".

Edited by Rudolf Hucker
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

He's no Colin Daniels, that's for sure.

He is a true hero.

They don't get it, that as heart breaking as the impact of Windass's contribution was, it stopped us reaching the Premier League and achieving beyond our means. 

Colin Daniel on the other hand, produced the moment that humiliated them beyond words and condemned them to failure on an unrivalled level. 

Oh, and the fact that he did it whilst actually wearing Rovers' kit just made it even more ####ing hillarious! 

So they celebrate our failure to over achieve, whilst we celebrate their complete and utter failure as they lost their status as a football league club! Hmmm #gaslogic 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Back in the day, if you'd gone to see Sinatra in concert, you'd have been disappointed had he not sung "My Way". I'm sure that when the gas hoardes are strutting their famous jesterwear around foreign parts they will be well aware that they have an obligation to the locals by singing about Eileen at every opportunity before making their way to watch the match from their vantage point in the stadium car park. That's " Their Way".

jesterwear = word of the day! ... along with jesterchair

BrYs0EBIAAEU2OD.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎18‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 07:26, Port Said Red said:

This mornings report say that Nicholls fee was undisclosed, as was the length of his contract. 

The latter seems unusual to me.

It's a very clever ploy by the board to give the fans what they want - the opportunity to lie about it or exaggerate it

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, phantom said:

I guess this is similar to Stoke fans looking down on the mighty Port Vale ?

Talk about tin pot!!

Capture.PNG

The figures are utter bollocks anyway as EFL clubs have to make a certain % available for POTD so it's probably less than 5K, maybe nearer 4.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Apparently, they are going to average 15k in League 1 when the UWE gets built....

"Difference is we averaged over 9k in a shitty stadium -- I believe "when" we get our new ground we have the potential to have a 15 k average. ( as long as we,re playing well )"

Bless them. Since they stole the minimal over 20 years ago they've averaged a 9k attendance once. Wait until they hit a rocky patch again they'll be down to 6k crowds quicker than you can say pikeys.

• Like 3

They must be getting all moist with anticipation now what with it being nearly August and work starting on the UWE.

I`m surprised we haven`t heard on the local news about the arrangements for the ceremonial turf cutting ceremony yet, surely there will be traffic chaos in the area with all the hordes of dignitaries and fans that will want to attend.

Or have I missed something?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 19/07/2017 at 10:36, Bar BS3 said:

They don't get it, that as heart breaking as the impact of Windass's contribution was, it stopped us reaching the Premier League and achieving beyond our means. 

Colin Daniel on the other hand, produced the moment that humiliated them beyond words and condemned them to failure on an unrivalled level. 

Oh, and the fact that he did it whilst actually wearing Rovers' kit just made it even more ####ing hillarious! 

So they celebrate our failure to over achieve, whilst we celebrate their complete and utter failure as they lost their status as a football league club! Hmmm #gaslogic 

Talking of Windass, does anyone know if he's managed to pick himself off the sticky floor of Chasers yet? 

Its bad enough having your footwear being stuck to the floor in there never mind being put on your ass....

• Like 2

I see they've signed Sweeney & Godden. I immediately thought of City's Gerry Sweeney and Godden the WBA keeper. Both retired from playing over 30 years ago, but would be right for the gas. But no, it's a pair of current players with illustrious surnames.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Malago said:

It's seems to have passed everyone by that they've strengthened their squad with the signing of 25 year old centre back from Hayes and Yeading on a free transfer.

Tick tick and all that.

Former soldier who served 9 months at Camp Bastion. Good luck to him.

• Like 2

Just to say ............

........... if any of you have not tried a double raspberry magnum ice-cream, then you really ought to.

They are seriously moorish.

Have not found a super-market that sells them yet, but you can get your hands on one in a good petrol station.

Expect to pay around £1.80 for one.

Really - you should try one.

Cheers,

tfj

• Like 1