IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

15 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

The mighty Bath City entertain the hoards  on Wednesday I believe. 

I was thinking of going to this as i am bit of a Bath City fan but not sure i can face being surrouned by 7-8000 of that lot and the 2000 in the carpark !!

2 minutes ago, weepywall said:

I was thinking of going to this as i am bit of a Bath City fan but not sure i can face being surrouned by 7-8000 of that lot and the 2000 in the carpark !!

You`d need a good wash afterwards I should think. There is also the risk of contamination if you were to breathe in some air that one of them had breathed out - before you know it you`d be crowing about Wally`s wealth and anticipating watching the first game at the UWE in 2018.

Provided you wear a full anti-radiation suit you should be OK though.

I assume FGR won yesterday's game as there is no "Official FGR v Bristol Rovers" thread. Instead one complaining about treatment of fans and another complaining about the catering. 

However, gasp, shock, horror, the 2nd post on page 5 of the "Vegan Rovers" thread is a post calling for debate rather than abuse! http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10284/vegan-rovers-gas?page=5

First time I've been on here for a few days and it's just the same kind of School play ground crap that was on here last time.I used to use this forum because I could find out things about our club that I probably couldn't from the official club website and there were interesting debates that I felt I could get involved in but those days seem to be gone now.Shame. To have a proper debate you have to argue your case against opinions you don't agree with but there are many on here that simply hurl abuse at anyone with alternative opinions. All opinions however unpalatable should be heard and argued with or against to make the forum work properly in my view.

Just out of interest I started reading the report on their official site but I didn't get beyond the opening paragraph.

Talk about getting your excuses in early, apparently their flight home was delayed so the poor loves got to bed late, and it's a lot colder in Nailsworth than it was in Portugal.

3 hours ago, 22A said:

I assume FGR won yesterday's game as there is no "Official FGR v Bristol Rovers" thread. Instead one complaining about treatment of fans and another complaining about the catering. 

However, gasp, shock, horror, the 2nd post on page 5 of the "Vegan Rovers" thread is a post calling for debate rather than abuse! http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10284/vegan-rovers-gas?page=5

First time I've been on here for a few days and it's just the same kind of School play ground crap that was on here last time.I used to use this forum because I could find out things about our club that I probably couldn't from the official club website and there were interesting debates that I felt I could get involved in but those days seem to be gone now.Shame. To have a proper debate you have to argue your case against opinions you don't agree with but there are many on here that simply hurl abuse at anyone with alternative opinions. All opinions however unpalatable should be heard and argued with or against to make the forum work properly in my view.

They still haven't poached the head North Korean media guy then?

A 12-0 victory with 140,000 locked out could've been the truth then.

They've had to resort to alternative facts and fake news as usual, the poor lambs, for they shall not know the truth and the truth shall not set them free.

9 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Let's be honest, pre season games are just training exercises. Losing against FGR in a friendly isn't that embarrassing....imagine losing at home to them in a competitive 'league' match?

That was ******* hilarious....

IMG_4699.JPG

They did provide us with loads of Vanarama gifts during their open top bus parade season for finishing 2nd in Non League football. (Remember that the Champions Barnet did NOT have an open top bus parade....but City DID, so that had absolutely nothing to do with Rovers having one did it???!!! Tinpot!).

Whilst discussing the Vegan menu at Forest Green on Slagchat rather than discuss the dismal result one fan said he'd rather have a Veggie burger than a Shergar Burger any day, and then they trot out all of the horse jokes......The horse punchers hoofing around with horse jokes on their forum mind!!! They never fail to entertain us. The gift has just given again!

IMG_0613.JPG

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

They did provide us with loads of Vanarama gifts during their open top bus parade season for finishing 2nd in Non League football. (Remember that the Champions Barnet did NOT have an open top bus parade....but City DID, so that had absolutely nothing to do with Rovers having one did it???!!! Tinpot!).

Whilst discussing the Vegan menu at Forest Green on Slagchat rather than discuss the dismal result one fan said he'd rather have a Veggie burger than a Shergar Burger any day, and then they trot out all of the horse jokes......The horse punchers hoofing around with horse jokes on their forum mind!!! They never fail to entertain us. The gift has just given again!

IMG_0613.JPG

In some ways it would be hilarious if Rovers made it to the championship. Can you imagine their lot trying to big it up at half the clubs in this league..?! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

IMG_0613.JPG

Are they trying to get back in the net so they can be dragged back into the sea and continue with their seabed evolution?

• Like 1

On 7/23/2017 at 10:49, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Let's be honest, pre season games are just training exercises. Losing against FGR in a friendly isn't that embarrassing....imagine losing at home to them in a competitive NON 'league' match?

That was ******* hilarious....

IMG_4699.JPG

Edited for accuracy. :)

• Like 3

On 23/07/2017 at 10:58, Cheesleysmate said:

IMG_0613.JPG

The "funniest" thing about that photo was that it was taken on "Non-league Day"

"Non-League Day is a day set aside in English football where supporters of clubs playing at the highest levels of the game are encouraged to experience football at non-league level with which they may be unfamiliar." - says Wikipedia

1 hour ago, Cheesleysmate said:

I see that they have just signed someone called Broadbent. Does that mean that he is more bent than Junior Bent? Where is the lady garden Keith Valle to announce it on matchdays or is he still banged up? 

Is it the actor Jim Broadbent?

1 hour ago, Cheesleysmate said:

I see that they have just signed someone called Broadbent. Does that mean that he is more bent than Junior Bent? Where is the lady garden Keith Valle to announce it on matchdays or is he still banged up? 

It's a shame really, this Broadbent lad actually has a really good story on how he got into football which I can respect, and then he went and bloody chose Rovers!

2 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Goodness me he must be getting on a bit now.

I tried to sign Peter for Rovers back in the 1950’s but had a hard job convincing him we were a bigger club than Wolves. Admittedly, for me, hard jobs were more frequent then than they are today but even so I was ultimately unsuccessful. The promise of a flight in the Brabazon had no effect and after visiting the site of our proposed new stadium  on College Green he had had the impudence to ask where the money was coming from. I explained our owners were wealthy bankers from Greenland but even this cut no ice.

Stan Cullis had obviously queered our pitch which, in those unenlightened times, had health and efficiency ramifications as well as being illegal. Telling Peter that we were constant whingers who had even petitioned Gladstone to try to force “The Old Curiosity Shopping Chain” to buy Eastville didn’t help our cause. But at the end of the day I have to admit  Wolves winning three league titles during that decade may have been the deciding factor.

Edited by bert tann
  • Haha 6