IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Think this guy spoke pretty well to be fair.

It made me smile at the end when he pointed to a red shirted player in a print of a Rovers v City match (I guess it will be quite old) hanging on his wall and said "[Matty] it'll be strange to see you as one of these fuckers rather than [pointing to a blue shirted player] one of these".

• Like 1

I just love the fact a few think we bought him because Lansdown was bricking it that they would be taking over us in the next few months!! If we even did go down you only have to look at them overall to see how far behind they are in every aspect.

At least a few are beginning to realise their billionaire has got no intention of spending anything on improving their squad. 

20 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I just love the fact a few think we bought him because Lansdown was bricking it that they would be taking over us in the next few months!! If we even did go down you only have to look at them overall to see how far behind they are in every aspect.

It's good to see they're still all over Social Media, bleating and crying, playing the poor little victims...pathetic.

"It's all Lansdowns FAULT"

:facepalm:

I thought they were supposed to be billionaires? If they can't walk the walk, they shouldn't talk the talk. Perhaps they should ask questions of the Al Qadis and Hamer instead trying to make Lansdown out to be some kind of evil cartoon baddie? It's cringeworthy..

This pretty much sums them up.

IMG_3387.PNG

• Like 5

I keep hearing the "rival" thing from them. The only way we could be seen as rivals is in increasing the fan base, but that has nearly always been more geographical, and the lack of competing with them for ... well I can't even remember, they simply are not rivals, just another club in Bristol that you hear about a lot... like your neighbours annoying yapping dog.

22 minutes ago, Fiale said:

I keep hearing the "rival" thing from them. The only way we could be seen as rivals is in increasing the fan base, but that has nearly always been more geographical, and the lack of competing with them for ... well I can't even remember, they simply are not rivals, just another club in Bristol that you hear about a lot... like your neighbours annoying yapping dog.

To us, yes. But put the boot on the other foot and imagine just how much you'd hate us, if (god forbid) you were them. 

Thats what's so funny about it all..!

Oh well perhaps today wasn't such a good idea to try to bury even more bad news?.

The sale of a player for 300k who would not be leaving under any circumstances a couple of weeks ago not even for 10 mil.

No deadline day signings despite Dopey saying he needed them.

and now this http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/bristol-rovers-chairman-hamer-calls-for-patience-as-they-continue-in-bid-to-deliver-uwe-stadium/story-30076077-detail/story.html

Perhaps today is the day that gasheads need to wake up and smell the camel shit and realise they still don't have a pot to piss in.

• Like 4

Hello my friends, gosh what a lot of palaver yesterday hey?

Disappointed to lose our top goalscorer obviously, but once there's a wantaway player in the dressing room it soon becomes septic so the sooner they're gone and not poisoning the atmosphere the better. 

Our relative success in the last 2 and a half seasons has been down, largely, to a unified dressing room so it's best that any one no longer wanting to be part of that are removed.

Great deal for you, can't deny that, and it won't be easy to replace a 25+ a year goalscorer as they don't grow on trees so a big loss for the Gas.  But promotion would always be a step too far this season (can't see anything other than immediate relegation if we were to go up, I mean look how such a massive club as City are currently coping ;)) and his goals have made us (relatively) safe for the rest of this season (9, possibly 10 more points needed?).

So enjoy this one ladies and gentlemen, but all teams have their ups and downs.  After a couple of years of ups, yesterday was a down. 

Must win for you lot on Saturday now mind you, followed by 4 very tough away games on the spin after Fulham home was postponed due to (their) participation in the FA Cup.  Unless you have a step change in your form and win a couple of those you could find yourselves adrift in the relegation zone at the end of the month!  

Toodleoo and have a good afternoon chums! Speak soon xxx

44 minutes ago, DancinDannyD said:

Hello my friends, gosh what a lot of palaver yesterday hey?

Disappointed to lose our top goalscorer obviously, but once there's a wantaway player in the dressing room it soon becomes septic so the sooner they're gone and not poisoning the atmosphere the better. 

Our relative success in the last 2 and a half seasons has been down, largely, to a unified dressing room so it's best that any one no longer wanting to be part of that are removed.

Great deal for you, can't deny that, and it won't be easy to replace a 25+ a year goalscorer as they don't grow on trees so a big loss for the Gas.  But promotion would always be a step too far this season (can't see anything other than immediate relegation if we were to go up, I mean look how such a massive club as City are currently coping ;)) and his goals have made us (relatively) safe for the rest of this season (9, possibly 10 more points needed?).

So enjoy this one ladies and gentlemen, but all teams have their ups and downs.  After a couple of years of ups, yesterday was a down. 

Must win for you lot on Saturday now mind you, followed by 4 very tough away games on the spin after Fulham home was postponed due to (their) participation in the FA Cup.  Unless you have a step change in your form and win a couple of those you could find yourselves adrift in the relegation zone at the end of the month!  

Toodleoo and have a good afternoon chums! Speak soon xxx

So Bitter .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Oh well perhaps today wasn't such a good idea to try to bury even more bad news?.

The sale of a player for 300k who would not be leaving under any circumstances a couple of weeks ago not even for 10 mil.

No deadline day signings despite Dopey saying he needed them.

and now this http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/bristol-rovers-chairman-hamer-calls-for-patience-as-they-continue-in-bid-to-deliver-uwe-stadium/story-30076077-detail/story.html

Perhaps today is the day that gasheads need to wake up and smell the camel shit and realise they still don't have a pot to piss in.

Unbelievable, oh no it's not.

What on earth effect, could public comment have on the outcome of this?

This is more a case of, "please leave me/us alone". We're in a pickle and don't have any answers for you. 

He's joined the Evil Empire and we just have to get over it, dust ourselves off and carry on without our shape-shifting reptilian.

I wonder where Lansdown will choose to play him?  

Matty is very versatile, and clearly will play for anyone if the money is right.

Could it be the rugby boys?  Or perhaps the hockey or badminton teams?

10 hours ago, Matty Taylor [BCFC] said:

And this is why I like gashead Jake. Doesn't slag us off other than maybe by giving his opinion that we are in free fall, nowt different to what the majority said on here a few days ago.

He also openly admits we have more money, better facilities etc.

Ah well. Sorry Jake.

2 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

And this is why I like gashead Jake. Doesn't slag us off other than maybe by giving his opinion that we are in free fall, nowt different to what the majority said on here a few days ago.

He also openly admits we have more money, better facilities etc.

Ah well. Sorry Jake.

Yep. Seems a decent enough chap. 

6 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

He's joined the Evil Empire and we just have to get over it, dust ourselves off and carry on without our shape-shifting reptilian.

I wonder where Lansdown will choose to play him?  

Matty is very versatile, and clearly will play for anyone if the money is right.

Could it be the rugby boys?  Or perhaps the hockey or badminton teams?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  what a bellend. I love how you have looked up our fixture list as well. Be honest, you are safe so the rest of the season all of you will be concentrating on our results (like you don't anyway. Hoping upon hope we go down. Do you still flash our score up on your pathetic scoreboard at Chernobyl when we concede a goal you fucking belters   

• Like 6