IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

@Red Army 75 Because there is a seperate thread for Henbury Gas which has been locked as we've all had enough talking about his lies

He definitely is a bullshitter . But my post was about something else should of been more clearer. It was about how we apparently play all the local semi pro teams and fleece them all out of money. It's seems to be a recurring topic every pre season. Understand why you moved it

23 minutes ago, cynic said:

Like Manor Farm ?

Where the club took nothing from the proceeds ?

We are due to play two local clubs - hardly all of them is it, and does the club take anything other than expenses ?

Where does this stuff come from ?

some bitter fan base of at an ex non league club,

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

He definitely is a bullshitter . But my post was about something else should of been more clearer. It was about how we apparently play all the local semi pro teams and fleece them all out of money. It's seems to be a recurring topic every pre season. Understand why you moved it

For the COMMUNITY TRUST game only each season ( Manor Farm, Keynsham, Bris, Ashton and Backwell etc.) the proceeds are shared between the host club and the Bristol City Community Trust, which is a registered charity (Charity No: 1093059).

Bristol City F.C. cover the costs of stewarding, car parks etc. so I would guess it actually costs us as a club.

So there's the truth, for any of the blue few reading this :gasmask:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, myol'man said:

For the COMMUNITY TRUST game only each season ( Manor Farm, Keynsham, Bris, Ashton and Backwell etc.) the proceeds are shared between the host club and the Bristol City Community Trust, which is a registered charity (Charity No: 1093059).

Bristol City F.C. cover the costs of stewarding, car parks etc. so I would guess it actually costs us as a club.

So there's the truth, for any of the blue few reading this :gasmask:

They'll  struggle with the concept of actually paying for something I would Imagine. 

• Like 5

Here you go they are still at it

gasincider
Club Legend
14 hours ago
Gasputin likes this
Thinking about this fixture reminded me of a conversation with a club official there last year. 

It seems that Mangoes cleared about £10k after their fixture with us, and I hope it does the same for them this season. However, when they played the big/rich club in their friendly, the sh*t demanded 30% of the gate. Wonder if they will be playing them this season? 

Apologies if I posted this at all last season, but it's always worth reminding people of just how sh*t the sh*t are.

4 minutes ago, old parkender said:

gasincider
Club Legend
14 hours ago
Gasputin likes this
Thinking about this fixture reminded me of a conversation with a club official there last year. 

It seems that Mangoes cleared about £10k after their fixture with us, and I hope it does the same for them this season. However, when they played the big/rich club in their friendly, the sh*t demanded 30% of the gate. Wonder if they will be playing them this season? 

Apologies if I posted this at all last season, but it's always worth reminding people of just how sh*t the sh*t are.

And where did that rumour spin from,

our mate billy bullshiter henbury gas last season,

it was also proven by all officals as Bull, but it doesn't stop the fantasists

keep telling the same lie often enough it becomes  true,

like their away support 

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, old parkender said:

gasincider
Club Legend
14 hours ago
Gasputin likes this

....and it's always worth reminding people what a bunch of lying pr1cks the members of Gaschat are.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

I was told by someone very senior at WSM, the reason they called off their friendly with City a few years back was because City wanted a big % cut from the gate and the bar takings

I don't see a problem with that, as it's us that would be generating/driving the income. 

We do our community match each season. If other clubs want us to play pre-season games at their place, then we take a split. Like every other club to to appear in friendlies. 

• Admin
29 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don't see a problem with that, as it's us that would be generating/driving the income. 

We do our community match each season. If other clubs want us to play pre-season games at their place, then we take a split. Like every other club to to appear in friendlies. 

22 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Totally standard practice to be fair.

7 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Pretty standard that friendly gate receipts are a 50/50 split as far as I am aware.

I believe that the problem was how high the % was

Do clubs actually take a split normally of the gate - I understood that an "appearance" fee (that included cover of travel) was pre agreed?

16 hours ago, phantom said:

I believe that the problem was how high the % was

Do clubs actually take a split normally of the gate - I understood that an "appearance" fee (that included cover of travel) was pre agreed?

Bournemouth paid millions to host Real Madrid and hand to charge 50 quid plus to break even,

its standard practice, FC twente will be charging us a pretty penny no doubt

16 hours ago, phantom said:

I was told by someone very senior at WSM, the reason they called off their friendly with City a few years back was because City wanted a big % cut from the gate and the bar takings

But was that definitely going to the club, or was that a misunderstanding over the Community Trust aspect or other use of the monies? 

I know from talking to people within other local clubs in the past that there is an amount of jealousy amongst those not chosen for friendlies. In the past I believe used to insist on a percentage going to the leagues themselves to try to offset that.

18 hours ago, phantom said:

So WSM invited the blue few down instead. What was the attendance last night?

• Admin
2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Bournemouth paid millions to host Real Madrid and hand to charge 50 quid plus to break even,

its standard practice, FC twente will be charging us a pretty penny no doubt

Part of the reason for that was the capacity was set just below 12k

12 minutes ago, myol'man said:

12 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Yes i can imagine soon enough on Slagshat there will be comments about WSM fans saying what a friendly, unique family club with the most welcoming atmosphere and fans the gassers are. Much better than those orrible fleecing angry gert teds. ....blah blah blah.

• Like 5

• Admin
Just now, Cotham Brow Red said:

Yes i can imagine soon enough on Slagshat there will be comments about WSM fans saying what a friendly, unique family club with the most welcoming atmosphere and fans the gassers are. Much better than those orrible fleecing angry gert teds. ....blah blah blah.

Weston fans sing "Drink up thee cider" - heard that went down like a stone last night lol

• Like 3