IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Think their game against Bath City may be off as I drove past the ground at 5.30 expecting to see the roads gridlocked, thousands in the car park, horses being attacked, local women being assaulted and the GHS headbutting my windscreen but alas not a pikey in sight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 22A said:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10298/liking-odds-bookies-giving optimism still flowing well.

6-1 for promotion www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-1/promotion4-1 for play offs www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-1/to-make-the-playoffs

sh** odds,would rather do Blackpool 33's Gary bowyer good manager and stupid odds

if we can bring in those 4 quality players then I'd like our chance a bit more. bit light atm.

Then came two voices of reason!

20/1 is a fair price but realistically are we THAT much stronger than last season right now if at all? The league is more competitive too. At the moment we will finish similar to last season I feel but these next few signings could push us on.

"if we can bring in those 4 quality players then I'd like our chance a bit more. bit light atm". - In our dreams. The clueless one seems to be struggling with recruitment.

So if they replace over a third of their starting line up with better players, they expect to do a bit better. 

What a revolutionary thought..! 

Surely every team on the planet would improve IF they replaced 4 of their team with 4 better ones..?! 

It's difficult to do that without spending any money! 

1 minute ago, weepywall said:

Think their game against Bath City may be off as I drove past the ground at 5.30 expecting to see the roads gridlocked, thousands in the car park, horses being attacked, local women being assaulted and the GHS headbutting my windscreen but alas not a pikey in sight.

Very odd. You'd think they'd all like to go and reminisce about the old days when they used to play in a (comparatively) half decent ground..! 

36 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Maybe they've got a tunnel there as well?

44 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Very odd. You'd think they'd all like to go and reminisce about the old days when they used to play in a (comparatively) half decent ground..! 

Loved singing "is this Baghdad in disguise?" at Trumpton and laffed long and hard at all the Tesco carrier bags being hung on the fence at the away end whilst the Red hordes bellowed "Tesco took the Tote End"....

Of course it all came back to haunt us in 1990, but ever since then we've left them the other side of a gurt big, yawning, ever-widening chasm....and as Darrell loved to say......

• Like 1

They're at it again on sagchat:

syg Avatar
Its already kicked off at a city training session! Made me smile.

Well don't just stop there lad, what, where, who, blood?

Don't know. I was in long Ashton with my friend who lives opposite an ex city player, and happens to now be his financial advisor. He told him that it had "kicked off" at a training session, he asked who was involved and he just struggled his shoulders in a kind of happens all the time response.

It probably does 'kick off' regularly at training sessions, especially at the start of a training match.

5 minutes ago, Cider_boy said:
They're at it again on sagchat:

It probably does 'kick off' regularly at training sessions, especially at the start of a training match.

I'm pretty sure that an ex city player, who is now a financial advisor, who lives in Long Ashton (not next to the training ground) Would know all about the in's & outs of what happens at City training sessions! 

• Like 1

437 pages and counting,a massive thread about my club bristol rovers!

What a funny backhanded compliment that is,with no equivalent on the gaschat rovers forum and when i quickly looked on forums of other local rivals like liverpool/everton i simply couldnt find anything quite like this.

" only one team in bristol"   except we like to talk non stop everyday about bristol rovers and we read their forum and quote it word for word on here almost as if there were in fact 2 teams in bristol,weird!!

Some post about rovers virtually everyday on here it seems?

Maybe its the relegation haunted faces you clearly see on you city fans faces  as you prepare for yet another battle against the drop despite spending god only knows how much money on under performing players or perhaps its the spectre of bristol rovers amazing progress under darrell clarke that has brought this rovers obsessed forum to produce this strange thread?

Not sure,you tell me but its hilarious so please keep on posting and thanks for the interest in my wonderful club.

• Haha 2

whats worse is the amount of the thick ***** who believe all the shit thats posted, I've still got some of their supporters trying to tell me that they are richer then us and the 6th richest in the country, when you point out all the facts including the shares in the investment back dropping faster ten we did through the league, they just call you obsessed and start sing irene,

It's like arguing with a toddler 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

whats worse is the amount of the thick ***** who believe all the shit thats posted, I've still got some of their supporters trying to tell me that they are richer then us and the 6th richest in the country, when you point out all the facts including the shares in the investment back dropping faster ten we did through the league, they just call you obsessed and start sing irene,

It's like arguing with a toddler 

Bit much comparing a Sag to a toddler!

9 hours ago, bluebutterfly said:

What a funny backhanded compliment that is,with no equivalent on the gaschat rovers forum and when i quickly looked on forums of other local rivals like liverpool/everton i simply couldnt find anything quite like this.

" only one team in bristol"   except we like to talk non stop everyday about bristol rovers and we read their forum and quote it word for word on here almost as if there were in fact 2 teams in bristol,weird!!

Maybe its the relegation haunted faces you clearly see on you city fans faces  as you prepare for yet another battle against the drop despite spending god only knows how much money on under performing players or perhaps its the spectre of bristol rovers amazing progress under darrell clarke that has brought this rovers obsessed forum to produce this strange thread?

Not sure,you tell me but its hilarious so please keep on posting and thanks for the interest in my wonderful club.

I think you'll find that it pretty much started with you dropping out of the football league pal..!

It has continued through you losing matches to non league clubs in both (non) league & cup matches, celebrating ownership taken by the worlds skintest billionaire who appears to have lost his cheque book, followed by the shambles that are the plans for your new stadium, many lost appeals & court cases, then selling your best player in a decade to us for 300k. 

As we like to say... "the gift that keeps on giving" & I'm sure there's plenty more yet to laugh at! 

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

oh dear, maybe you should look closer to home, how's that billionaire of yours? how about that new ground you were singing about when we beat you yet again?,

what about that open tour bus you had for finishing 2nd in the conference you know the one where no one turned up, what about santa's grotto or the fact your major announcement of the summer was cleaning the carpets and installing some "championship" ready sprinklers 

how'd you get on with your water tight contract with sainsburys? 

Stop being stupid shitty and tinpot and this thread will die,

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Well,your welcome to post here(a proper forum)-which is more than could be said if I were to try posting on gaschat...

Your not 'Henbury Gas' in disguise again,are ya???

10 hours ago, bluebutterfly said:

Exclusive photo of Rovers' new building contractor.

IMG_0163.JPG

Edited by RumRed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2