IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 minutes ago, Malbec said:

I'm sure they will be.

Apparently according to some of their planks despite UWE falling through, 'these are exciting times for the club and supporters'. I'm sure they're right, just not in the way they envisage. Also heard Dopey on the radio saying rovers were 20 years behind the times. Get a grip mate your lot are still stuck in the 80's.

Ummm

2017-20= 1997

Oops

5 minutes ago, Super said:

Hamer says Bristol Rovers could be the new 'Crazy Gang' of league football like Wimbledon in the 1980s

That just means Bobby Gould will take over when Daryl ***** off.

Edited by glynriley
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Monkeh said:

So the first part of my prediction has come true, the second part appears to be happening (Wally being a front man for hamer)

eat h the mem be sold from under them for housing and rovers becoming homeless again in the next few years

this isn't the best thing to happen you thick *****, it's the beginning of the end,

its always been a land grab and you've burnt too many bridges this time to be rescued

Wally gambled on the Sainsburys cash and being able to turn a quick profit and run off with the cash, most likely after Higgs told him about the water tight contract. .

8 hours ago, nebristolred said:

I know we all like to laugh but that's nonsense mate. They own the land, and the rebuild wouldn't be as complex as ours was. The Millenium Stadium cost £120m, albeit a few years back now.

This is more comparable to Rotherham's ground, which cost £20m.

Not as complex as ours? Ours would be seen as a straight forward build compared to the enormous challenges there would be in developing the memorial.

The Dolman was the only real challange, but this is why you pay these experts. The biggest challange was keeping the stadium open and safe during construction. The Ss and LS were pretty simple builds.

7 hours ago, Tomarse said:

UWE still hoping it goes ahead.. odd.

Seems to me that Rovers want the land for free.

6 hours ago, miagsygas said:

We now have a development squad, which was completely nonexistent before. We have legitimate investment into the youth system, there are far, far more staff in and around the club. There is now actually a medical team, rather than just one person who runs on with a wet sponge, including the fitness staff and equipment that we never had before, the gps trackers etc. Whilst, as DC said, we are actually still behind where we should be, we genuinely were behind every club in at least league 1 level in infrastructure.

Though these things may sound stupid, because they are things that should have happened anyways and do happen for clubs that actually have resources, these are things that I'm 99.9% sure wouldn't have happened under old Higgsy.

How does it feel knowing despite all this so called progress if you have a promisimg player in your development squad we can take them away from you for peanuts?

Dont want to disappoint you but you are still genuinely behind every club in League One and most of League Two and even some of the Conference infrastructure wise. Dont let last seasons decent finish cloud that.

Even my bloody gran has a fit bit watch so dont go getting too exicited about your gps trackers.

Over on gaschat some of yesterday's delusional threads have been replaced by realism being accepted that there will be no new stadium and their owner isn't investing any of his money in the club. I feel sorry for the realists over there as they are fellow football fans who are witnessing their club / dreams fading before their eyes. Obviously I have no sympathy for the deluded majority who think good things & times are just round the corner.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, miagsygas said:

Hi guys!

Firstly, id ignore that above twitter account, it's the single biggest piece of nonsense since us getting a stadium.

Secondly, I've got to be honest I'm quite pleased we aren't moving to UWE. It's definitely another thing for you to take the piss out of, granted, and the non match day revenue is of course needed if we ever really want to push on. That being said, I'm not sure I like the idea of a half full atmosphere void bowl with absolutely nothing good around it for before and after the game. I've been of the idea for a long time it wouldn't happen so nothing has changed in that respect for me. I can't really imagine anything substantial happening for a while.

As for the rest of stuff with the Al Qadis pulling out, who knows? Even from day one i didn't believe in the billionaire hype, there are those that don't believe everything they read, that being said I do think he's improved some stuff off the pitch. If he leaves, we'll he was skint anyway. Honestly, nothing will ever really surprise my with this club.

Oh deary me , like many of you now trying to back track. It's like fancying a girl and when you find out she's seeing someone telling everyone you didn't really like her anyway. You lot are proper mental. 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Not as complex as ours? Ours would be seen as a straight forward build compared to the enormous challenges there would be in developing the memorial.

The Dolman was the only real challange, but this is why you pay these experts. The biggest challange was keeping the stadium open and safe during construction. The Ss and LS were pretty simple builds.

Based on what? First sentence is nonsense mate. The Dolman was a genuine achievement of engineering, and the West Stand is a large two-tier stand. This is versus a uniform single tier stadium for the sags.

What challenges (technically speaking, not politically) would the Mem face that ours hasn't? Aside from moving the pitch. Yes it's in a very tight area but so were the South and Dolman Stands.

• Like 1