IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

11 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

What blows my mind is Rovers fans still sticking up for Wael, he must have known the deadline that they set with UWE, he would have known when the deadline was set that it was going to get pulled, it was just a formality, so therefore he must have known that the proverbial was going to hit the fan, and he still went on holiday, or decided to go on holiday so he wasn't here to take questions, either way it's very very poor from Wael and he looks like a massive bottler.   And to cap it all they put that joker Hamer out in the media and he has an absolute Teresa May!  Yet still some Rovers fans stick up for him and think it's part of some master plan!  It literally blows my mind how some can stay loyal

I beleive Wael went on holiday as no announcement was planned. Dwane Sports was forced to issue a statement (at 11.00pm!) because the news was leaked. This then begs the question,  what did he hope to gain by delaying the news? Perhaps more time to develop an exit strategy?

5 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I beleive Wael went on holiday as no announcement was planned. Dwane Sports was forced to issue a statement (at 11.00pm!) because the news was leaked. This then begs the question,  what did he hope to gain by delaying the news? Perhaps more time to develop an exit strategy?

Some bloke put it on Twitter. It was hardly on the front pages of the national press. 

11 hours ago, BrightCiderLife said:

So after all this it seems their long list of no-fixed-abodes has grown: Twerton, Eastville, the aborted move to Cheltenham, and now we can add the NotYetihad and the No Camp. 

Never has a team played at so many 'home' grounds without building anything (canopies and carpets aside).

Always Look On The Bright Cider Life

This made me think of a Winston Churchill speech:

Never in the field of supporting a football team have so many fans been led up the garden path, so often, by so few directors

Edited by pongo88
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Bless em.

They are now talking positively about redeveloping the Mem and focusing entirely on the capacity of the ground.

They seem to have forgotten that match day revenue is only a small part of the revenue stream a modern stadium should provide.

Without conferencing, banqueting and event space they will never generate sufficient to make it pay. If finance was an issue for UWE then it will be an even bigger challenge raising funds for a redeveloped Mem... especially when Dibley Quarts have already bagsied 10million of the value of the asset.

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Some bloke put it on Twitter. It was hardly on the front pages of the national press. 

The news was started on Twitter by someone who was respected by Rovers fans. In no time it was on their forum and then ours. The cat was out of the bag and, as a anyone who has a cat knows, once a cat gets out of a bag you can't get it back in  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Higgs mugged Wael off by dangling the 'still viable Sainsbury's deal' and Wael jumped at the chance of a free ground. 
I think he may have been trying to do the same thing, attempting to get his outlay back by selling it on while the ground was still a potential goer .

• Like 1

:facepalm:

Time to re-pay our faith in Wael. 11 minutes ago Henbury Gas and Mr Pond like this dislike this.

Post by thegasfc on 11 minutes ago

Players
Sercombe ✔️
Smith ✔️
Slocombe ✔️
Bola ✔️
Nichols ✔️
Broadbent ✔️
Sweeney ✔️
Telford ✔️

Memorial Stadium
New pitch ✔️
Renovations ✔️
New Stand ✔️

Training Ground
Imminent training ground development ✔️
Bought land for the training ground ✔️

Darrell Clarke
Has given him a 5 year contract ✔️
Secured a top, top manager ✔️

Uwe Stadium
Has kept us updated with monthly interviews ✔️
Has dropped talks in interests to the club ✔️
New plans imminent ✔️

Fans
Watches the games with the fans occasionally ✔️
Is down to earth, is a fan himself ✔️
Gives club new "tent"/stand for higher attendances ✔️

"Wael's a fraud with no money."
This man is a legend, shut it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

50 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

By setting a deadline they knew it would go one of two ways I.e. Deal or No Deal, therefore surely you have a plan for both, and contingency for worst case scenario, the leak is irrelevant, you should plan for the worst, but this seems like a growing theme with Wael

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Super said:

:facepalm:

Time to re-pay our faith in Wael. 11 minutes ago Henbury Gas and Mr Pond like this dislike this.

Post by thegasfc on 11 minutes ago

Players
Sercombe ✔️
Smith ✔️
Slocombe ✔️
Bola ✔️
Nichols ✔️
Broadbent ✔️
Sweeney ✔️
Telford ✔️

Memorial Stadium
New pitch ✔️
Renovations ✔️
New Stand ✔️

Training Ground
Imminent training ground development ✔️
Bought land for the training ground ✔️

Darrell Clarke
Has given him a 5 year contract ✔️
Secured a top, top manager ✔️

Uwe Stadium
Has kept us updated with monthly interviews ✔️
Has dropped talks in interests to the club ✔️
New plans imminent ✔️

Fans
Watches the games with the fans occasionally ✔️
Is down to earth, is a fan himself ✔️
Gives club new "tent"/stand for higher attendances ✔️

"Wael's a fraud with no money."
This man is a legend, shut it. 

Players - Mostly frees, cast-offs and squaddies

New pitch - fairly standard practice

Renovations - curtains and carpets cleaned, new canopy over door :laughcont:

New Stand - I'm sorry, I must have missed that

Imminent Training ground - I wouldn't be so certain on that.......

Bought land for training ground - kicked Coalpit Heath out with little notice, surround land with fencing, not paid for fencing

Darrell Clarke contract - meaningless

Secured a top,top manager - who may well leave within this season

UWE Stadium - kept updated - really, I thought the biggest gripe was little to no communication regarding UWE

Dropped talks in interests to the club - no dropped talks because UWE are standing firm and the gas cant afford it

New plans imminent - really? my understanding was there is no actual plan B......other than tarting up the mem

Watches games with fans - what, once? and for what? sags just lap this shit up 

is a fan himself - yes, of Chelsea

Gives the club new tent - yep, you said it

"This man is a legend"........yes, he will be soon.......to Bristol City fans!!

• Like 8
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

I highly doubt its a money issue.  You thick s**t Barber, of course it is. 

Reels off reasons why he thinks it fell through... 

UWE wanting more of the gate receipts etc... 

Announces not about money.........................................................................................................................................................................................

#gaslogic

6 minutes ago, Super said:

:clapping:

We are delighted to announce that season ticket sales for the new season have now passed last season’s record total and sales now stand at 5,410.

Well at least the world at large (and that excludes the gas mutants) can get a full handle around the timing of the FB rumour, the late night press release, the crazy gang interview and the bucket on the head/"Christie did it" Twentypence interview, 2 days before the start of the season?.

They didn't want to affect season ticket sales!!!!!