IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Had the utter misfortune to be on the 1930 back from Paddington to Temple Meads tonight - what delightful creatures our blue cousins are - as I am sure the young families who had to witness their oafish behaviour would testify to! BTP were on & off the train at every stop but were quite frankly impotent in dealing with the blue few (only a dozen or so thankfully). To label them Neanderthals would be doing a disservice to cavemen - no wonder football fans get a bad name!!!

Edited by GlastonburyRed
  • Like 1

• Admin
39 minutes ago, GlastonburyRed said:

Had the utter misfortune to be on the 1930 back from Paddington to Temple Meads tonight - what delightful creatures our blue cousins are - as I am sure the young families who had to witness their oafish behaviour would testify to! BTP were on & off the train at every stop but were quite frankly impotent in dealing with the blue few (only a dozen or so thankfully). To label them Neanderthals would be doing a disservice to cavemen - no wonder football fans get a bad name!!!

Sadly, whilst I'd love to take the high ground here and slate them and them alone, I have worked plenty of trains after football matches and they are generally unpleasant journeys, no matter what clubs fans are involved,  that said, the behaviour of some of those returning from the Henley Regatta isn't much better, they just have blazers and old school ties on......  And one of the worst was Cardiff University travelling to Swansea for an inter university match, mostly fare evading and they set fire to one of the carriages.

• Like 1

RE - the bit in bold. The fear is based on the very clear fact that Dwayne Sports have placed a charge against the Mem. The spending we are seeing is not from the AQs injecting money that they are prepared to lose. At any point the debt can be called in, and that will leave the club homeless.

I don't think fans are being weak for recognising this. I think we are realising that serious questions need to be asked

We as a fanbase can't afford to be apathetic. If the worse were to happen I couldn't sleep at night feeling I saw it coming but decided to say nothing in favour if "keeping the faith".

EDIT: Probably worth saying I don't agree with the way many fans are expressing concern. We need to keep it respectable.

3 hours ago, 22A said:

What a difference a day 90 minutes make.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10394/charlton-bristol-rovers-matchday-thread started with "I'm thinking a 2-3 win for Rovers today, with one of the new boys getting on the scoresheet" and "1-2 win for the gas with Gaffers and Bodin to score".

By page 18 however; http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10394/charlton-bristol-rovers-matchday-thread?page=18 "Absolutely sh*te. You dont mind losing against the better team. But when you play against 10 men for basically 90 minutes and put in a performance like that it is unacceptable. Ellis and Broom just not good enough, I would seriously consider dropping Brown(He's been a loyal servent) but his final ball and crossing is awful. Hopefully the new lad from Stoke will hit the ground running. It might just be a knee jerk reaction, we're always sh*t on the opening day aren't we? 
But that was dire
". 

Then guess what; they became the victims (again). "I was right behind goal about 6 rows back had a perfect view and 100 percent think the linesman got it wrong for the goal. Typical of our luck. Once they had a lead they did everything they could to slow the game down and played for free kicks. Lots of time wasting and sitting on the floor "injured" towards the end but only 4 minutes added time. A shame but if the lino got the decision right instead of taking a guess it may well have been a different game" and "Doesn't look a goal to me. How the linesman was confident the whole ball crossed is anyone's guess. Smith doesn't reach back to grab it either, strange decision. I also thought it wasn't a free kick to start with, Sinclair stood off Holmes and he went down rather easy".

The cheek of that as a complaint.

Rovers had a player go down 'injured' OFF the pitch, who then rolled so he was on it before he got treatment.

1 hour ago, GlastonburyRed said:

One of the most infuriating things about the Gas is that, while most City fans acknowledge we have an idiot element, in my experience Gasheads either refuse to accept they have some right t1ts among their support or just deflect by saying ours are worse. It seems to be a prejudice they've invested everything in.

Anyway, well done the Addicks today!

6 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

One of the most infuriating things about the Gas is that, while most City fans acknowledge we have an idiot element, in my experience Gasheads either refuse to accept they have some right t1ts among their support or just deflect by saying ours are worse. It seems to be a prejudice they've invested everything in.

Anyway, well done the Addicks today!

Every single league club in the country has an idiot element we do i know. If 15ers believe they do not then that justifies their blinkered and complete nonsense view they have about themselves about being somehow unique and above the rest.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GlastonburyRed said:

That can't be true, they are the "family club" and all other football fans across the country love them. 

:rofl2br:

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

That can't be true, they are the "family club" and all other football fans across the country love them. 

:rofl2br:

Teds mate, masquerading as R*vers fans just to drag their name through the mud yet again.

After all, @GlastonburyRed has admitted to being on the train so that`s all the evidence they will need. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Cotham Brow Red said:

Every single league club in the country has an idiot element we do i know. If 15ers believe they do not then that justifies their blinkered and complete nonsense view they have about themselves about being somehow unique and above the rest.

Of course we have an unsavoury element within our support, same as 99% of clubs, anybody who denies it is in cloud cuckoo land.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pride of the west said:

Always the victim

I wouldn't devalue the word "victim" by attributing it to something as trivial as being on the wrong end of an admin error.  I'm not aware that anybody was harmed or killed because a couple of loan signings were ineligible to play.

Portugal.jpg

IMF plan IVF

The International Monetary Fund, pictured here at their recent summit in Praia Forahelpa, have announced they have run out of money.

As stock markets slumped around the World people in the Jordanian capital Amman came out onto the streets celebrating because their country will no longer have to be sold to pay for a football stadium in South Gloucestershire.

At a hastily convened press conference Chairman Stephen Hamster said although there was no money left he was confident finance could easily be conjured up to build anything at any time or anywhere. This is because of IVF  or “in vitro funding” which, though incomprehensible to the average football fan, is a proven technique developed by the late Mr Paul Daniels. He assured people that normal service would continue and they could still take photographs of themselves with the club President or have him re-tweet congratulations whenever it was their dog’s birthday.

Meanwhile, at the Memorial Stadium, there were plenty of red bottoms as fans remained totally convinced they were in good hands. One supporter was looking forward to going on holiday to have sand kicked in his face while another said he had been tied up when the news broke and it was a very enjoyable experience. At the Filton Avenue dungeon of well known massage therapist Eve O’Lotion business was brisk as she sought to satisfy a steady stream of sycophantic Gasochists.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

How can they be so thick with one head.

uwe fell through because of money or lack of it

Wally don't have the millions people think,

he got rovers because the family was told that Sainsbury would lose out in court.

they are bank investors and this deal have back fired 

the charge against the mem is the family safety net. They can cash in and break even 

why do you think he was in London trying to sale or getting investors to help 

he keeps posting keep fath 

i am still committed 

ball s..... The family wants out.  if he was why have he not come out of hiding and faced the fans he was happy to be carried down Gloucester Road.

when all looked good. at least Steve l always face the music in good and bad times.

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Was at cricket with a Rovers fan yesterday he was adamant this Wael chap has more money that Lansdown - he is normally a sensible guy, I am literally astounded that people think this

This is what amazes me. If I were in his shoes, I'd have taken the 10 minutes to Google the owner/family/wealth and you wouldn't end up with ridiculous statements like that.  
I said some time ago, Wael looks like the Owner we've seen may times. Loves the adulation in the short term but are ultimately business men and will want to , if not turn a profit, break even.  They seem to be doing just enough to placate fans , maybe potential buyers , with slight improvements (training ground is in Dwayne sports name I believe) but no real investment .  After , what 18 months , what have the owners done? They weren't in a great position before he came in, and I keep hearing they are more stable but , there is a £10m debt against a ground that is only worth maybe £2m more. Their break even figure a few years ago was 9k , and they were loosing money week on week. 
As far as I can see it's all smoke and mirrors, anyone who moans about SL should spend time looking at this sort of ownership, which is by no means the worst around , and just take a minute.

• Like 1