IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Just a stadium, why stop there

he might as well have put I an Olympic bid as part of the new free ground

trojandog
Reserve Team
12 minutes ago
Do a 'Monaco'. 18,500 seat stadium with an athletics track built above a four storey car park, indoor sports arena, swimming pool, offices and a business university. Yes, they have pitch problems, but they are caused by poor design of the stands, not the overall concept. Plus the stadium is 32 years old - more things are possible now.
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, B block said:

Just a stadium, why stop there

he might as well have put I an Olympic bid as part of the new free ground

trojandog
Reserve Team
12 minutes ago
Do a 'Monaco'. 18,500 seat stadium with an athletics track built above a four storey car park, indoor sports arena, swimming pool, offices and a business university. Yes, they have pitch problems, but they are caused by poor design of the stands, not the overall concept. Plus the stadium is 32 years old - more things are possible now.

I couldn't imagine the local residents objecting to that. :noexp:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Redsi2 said:

I may be talking out of turn here but I am certain that the Al Quadi family will have studied, planned and sorted out all the possibilities of how the Mem will be developed. They will also know how they will get the best financial return from the new stadium. They aren't billionaires because they found their money down the back of the sofa! Maybe they are keeping their plans close to their chest because it is all part of the big bluff to UWE. I genuinely believe that UWE thought they were dealing with gullible, rich foreigners who UWE would be able to pull the wool over their eyes and basically rip them off. Maybe now they are in a state of panic and Wael announcing alternative plans is just a ruse to make UWE think they are about to miss out on a fantastic opportunity to have A1 facilities on their campsite. With no new stadium they are left with nothing. Yes, maybe they could put houses on the land and make some money that way but that is short sighted and in the long run will not benefit the campus. Build a state of the art stadium with loads of facilities for their students to use for many years is a far better option. I may be wrong but I am not 100% sure that the UWE stadium is dead in the water....yet! The family have been damned good to us and haven't let us down yet and I don't see why they would in the future. Let's be patient and see what happens. In the mean time I am going to carry on with a far more important task and that is to support the Gas no matter where they play.COYB FTG

51 minutes ago, Malago said:

WAQ: "We feel if we study it properly we can regenerate the Mem, and eventually provide the fans with something they have been dreaming of."

Wet Dreams?

So....... where are we now?  Have the family 'studied' it already, as per the delusional one's certainty.  OR........ did Wali just say IF we study?????? 

I am minded to believe the horse's mouth rather than the horse's worst enemy.  

9 minutes ago, jackofromrugby said:

So....... where are we now?  Have the family 'studied' it already, as per the delusional one's certainty.  OR........ did Wali just say IF we study?????? 

I am minded to believe the horse's mouth rather than the horse's worst enemy.  

They have previous with horses.

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Just read a thread on their forum about opening up an old railway station to ease congestion on match days. Guess what? They want the council to pay for it!

All these grand ideas are fine but they plain haven't got any money by the look of it so naff all will get done.

What a suprise :facepalm:

Always wanting things gifted to them, when in fact they are the ones giving us gifts, on an hourly basis it seems. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Surely they could use the gate if they were willing to pay a fair amount to use it (not that they would).  But if they did, my only worry would be that they would try to steal it and set up their caravans in the car park.

**** off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

What have the Romans ( Jordanians) ever done for us ha ha ha

sipirate said:

Without Wael, would we still have DC?

Would we still have Bodin?

Would we have 10x amount of staff we do now? including sport science, which may I add is clearly doing a great job judging by the extremely low injury list!

Would we have submitted planning application for new training ground?

Would we have Hamer, who saw the transition of swansea to their new stadium in 2005?

NOOOOO, so quit being little girls whispering in the playground.

Best thing since sliced bread, has become one of us, what owner do you know who stands in the terraces with the crowd? his brother last game of the season during promotion at half time came into the blackthorn end for the second half.. im thrilled with the family and THANK YOU so much for finding out that this deal was not right for OUR club! saved us from a right wolf in sheeps clothing!

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, B block said:

sipirate said:

Would we have 10x amount of staff we do now? including sport science, which may I add is clearly doing a great job judging by the extremely low injury list!

Would we have Hamer, who saw the transition of swansea to their new stadium in 2005?

Best thing since sliced bread, has become one of us, what owner do you know who stands in the terraces with the crowd? his brother last game of the season during promotion at half time came into the blackthorn end for the second half.. im thrilled with the family and THANK YOU so much for finding out that this deal was not right for OUR club! saved us from a right wolf in sheeps clothing!

I'm sure this has been said many, many times on this thread previously but the level of delusion, even after the events of the last week, is absolutely staggering 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

I'm sure this has been said many, many times on this thread previously but the level of delusion, even after the events of the last week, is absolutely staggering 

Im actually convinced that there's reds all over slag chat, surely real people don't believe the horse sh"t coming out of that Jordanians mouth.

ive actually tried stop looking at it as it makes me laugh out loud, but I can't it's comedy gold 

Can you imagine Wael asking Steve Lansdown.....

Wally.....Hi Steve can we use your stadium for a couple of years why we develop the Memorial ?

Steve.....I know your face from somewhere are you the bloke who tried to buy Gillingham ?

Wally .....Yes that was me really dropped a bollock there

Steve....Are you the bloke who said HaHa fancy paying £300,000 for a striker you could of had for nothing last summer then complained to the FA about us ?

Wally....Yes that was me, i am sorry I did not mean it really I was only joking 

Steve.....F@ck off and don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, B block said:

sipirate said:

I think you might find that sipirate is, in fact, a more longstanding contributor to OTIB than to Gaschat.... 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gazred said:

Bet they are all salivating over "world class stadium". How the **** are you going to get one of those in there? Why not just say modern stadium, got to over sell it as usual and end up looking more and more suspicious.

The bloke is a total fraud. If they continue to buy into his pie in the sky speeches then they'll get exactly what they deserve.

They have!

Watching the drone view of the Mem on Points West tonight you really have to ask yourself why they would ever consider redeveloping.   

It offers nothing at all  

If the billionaire owner is as cute as their fans bleat on about the best thing he could do is take his losses and get the @@@@ out of it!

I don't think for a minute it would get planning permission to build anything over 18,000, low level stands, minimal access and major parking issues and yet the construction cost would be massive

Totally different than Ashton Gate where by if the existing Atyeo were to be redeveloped (and it will) our stadium would take us closer to 35,000 and could easily deal with Prem football

I can only see it as a pointless venture, one that will not gain them anything in the long run  

7 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Watching the drone view of the Mem on Points West tonight you really have to ask yourself why they would ever consider redeveloping.   

It offers nothing at all  

If the billionaire owner is as cute as their fans bleat on about the best thing he could do is take his losses and get the @@@@ out of it!

I don't think for a minute it would get planning permission to build anything over 18,000, low level stands, minimal access and major parking issues and yet the construction cost would be massive

Totally different than Ashton Gate where by if the existing Atyeo were to be redeveloped (and it will) our stadium would take us closer to 35,000 and could easily deal with Prem football

I can only see it as a pointless venture, one that will not gain them anything in the long run  

My view. Is it wallys chance to get out . UWE definitely dead in the water . By using the mem as an alternative just gives him and the family time to make up more bullshit before the inevitable happens . If I was a gashead ( cheers dad :thumbsup:) I would be very worried. But as I'm not. **** um . :rofl2br:

• Like 3