IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

• Admin

I played that "biggest club, the richest club, the best club in Bristol....unlucky the shit" video to the gashead in work. In response to the "Prem in 5 years I'd say" claim from 3 years ago his response was "we can still do that" :laugh: 

To be fair, I could be a nicer boss; last week I spent the day serenading him with several renditions of "where's your stadium gone?" :yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Admin

I am just hoping, sat here in agitated anticipation, that they are on the verge of financial ruin - Karma, bloody brilliant Karma, for all the 82 shite they have spouted, for the vitriolic wishes that we went under in 82, for the attempted stadium heist, for the fact that they are the window lickers of Bristol football,  for the pure joy seeing them fold.

Anyone who used the Hen & Chicken back in the 80's might remember a Glaswegian barmaid, she was great, she was RAF, but she was sound, and her favourite phrase was "f**off and die" how appropriate that now seems to the sad sags........

• Like 6

For all the decent gas heads I know out there, I feel sorry for you. I know how I would feel, we went through the ringer in the 80s.

Sadly, there aren't many decent gas heads that I know of. I know of many who behave like spoilt bitter brats. And it does appear to run through the club from top to bottom.

They were the only sporting association in this region who failed to back Bristol's bid to host world cup matches, the EP tried to represent them by quoting past players and fans but, the club itself failed to support the bid, PETTY bitterness as it would have enhanced our chances of progressing and leaving them in our wake.

At the same time, they had a solicitor digging up as much information as possible on dealings between BCFC and the council, through FOI questions and feeding anything he could to those opposing the developments at AG and AV. They really did their utmost to stop our club progressing rather than striving to improve their club.

They tried to rob us of our ground, they robbed Bristol rugby of their ground, I believe there was even an attempt to have Baths ground off of them.

They keep spouting about failed planning applications yet, the only two they've actually applied for and it is only two formal applications, were successful. Those being the rugby ground, with some dodgy dealings at the final meeting, and South Glos allowing more developments to boost council coffers, on the back of Bristol's population. South Glos wouldn't be there without Bristol.

They are so bitter about BCC not finding them a ground that they even formed a political party to oppose them in the local elections, this was while they were paying their council rates to Bath. Then blamed Bristol for it's failed attempts in South Glos.

Every regime leading that club has bled them dry. How is it good for the club when Managers, directors and chairmen have sell on clauses for players?

This list could go on for page after page, it couldn't happen to a nicer family club, backed by a friendly newspaper. A club who have always clung onto our shirt tails, apart from part of a decade seventy years ago.

What goes around, comes around.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Including Higgs and a fence at their training ground apparently.

Higgs still owed 4m, and there are bills not paid as yet.

I'm not sure of the details, but it seems while Wally is keen on progressing the gAss (has a genuine soft spot for them), he doesn't hold the purse strings, and is struggling for financial support now.

Fingers crossed ay, he doesn't have a change of heart! :)

9 hours ago, The Bard said:

There's a difference between precedent and caselaw though 

Imo the law is ambiguous  (imagine writing one to cover all scenarios...) so it has to be interpreted. Precedent is that the law is applied uniformly, and within that some decisions are seen as 'correct' so you apply their principles to the case in front of you unless you can distinguish the facts. 

With planning decisions, some might say precedent or some say a principle of consistency instead. 

The point is though that there should be legal certainty around when planning will be given or refused. We have to have this - you're not as a developer going to incur costs, time and effort on a planning punt typically. So yes you could refuse planning where given before, but it might not naturally be your gut expectation. 

Just did a quick search on Companies House of companies associated with Wally:

FILTON AVENUE GUARANTEE COMPANY LIMITED

Nature of business (SIC) - Management of real estate on a fee or contract basis

Company status – Dormant

FILTON AVENUE DEVELOPMENTS LIMITED

Nature of business (SIC) - Development of building projects

Company status – Dormant

THE MEMORIAL STADIUM DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LIMITED

Company status – Dormant

THE MEMORIAL STADIUM COMPANY LIMITED

Nature of business (SIC) - Operation of sports facilities

Company status – Dormant

Seems to be a bit of a recurring theme here!

BRISTOL ROVERS FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED

Nature of business (SIC) - Activities of sport clubs

Company status – Active 

Operating loss year end 30 June 2016 - £831,138 (previous year £956,105).

Creditors: Amounts falling due within one year - £9,360,166

Ultimate parent undertaking of this company is Dwane Sport by virtue of holding 92.6% of the ordinary shares.

Wael Al-Qadi explains the role of Dwane Sports and Bristol Rovers' finances

There has been confusion since Dwane Sports, not the club, announced that the UWE deal was dead in the water.

Bristol Rovers owner Wael Al-Qadi has moved to explain the distinction between Dwane Sports Limited and Bristol Rovers football club.

Many Rovers fans were unsure as to the groups role in the running of the club, and were confused as to why the recent statement about the collapse of the UWE deal was issued by Dwane Sports rather than the club.

There has also been concern about a £10m charge placed against the Memorial Stadium by Dwane Sports earlier this summer.

But now the Rovers president has sought to explain the distinction between the two entities to help clarify the situation for fans.

"Dwane Sports is a company that is owned entirely by the family, and Dwane Sports owns 92 per cent of Bristol Rovers football club," explained Al-Qadi.

"Dwane Sports has invested money into the club, it's not a loan it's an investment from the holding company - which is Dwane Sports - into Bristol Rovers football club.

"It's an inter-company transaction which is registered as a loan between the two companies, both of which we both own, so there is no third party involved.

"It's an inter-company loan that's all it is. There is a charge on the Mem and we did that as a sensible move to protect our investment as in the world of business you never know what will turn up," Al-Qadi told Rovers' website.

"You can consider the relationship between Rovers and Dwane Sports as basically a family investment into the club."

The Rovers owners has already confirmed that the club will now be looking to push ahead with redeveloping the Mem following the breakdown of talks with UWE over the new stadium.

Al-Qadi has said the board will now "regroup" ahead of putting together a planning application to improve the Memorial Stadium.

54 minutes ago, zippycar said:

Just did a quick search on Companies House of companies associated with Wally:

FILTON AVENUE GUARANTEE COMPANY LIMITED

Nature of business (SIC) - Management of real estate on a fee or contract basis

Company status – Dormant

FILTON AVENUE DEVELOPMENTS LIMITED

Company status – Dormant

THE MEMORIAL STADIUM DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LIMITED

Company status – Dormant

THE MEMORIAL STADIUM COMPANY LIMITED

Nature of business (SIC) - Operation of sports facilities

Company status – Dormant

Seems to be a bit of a recurring theme here!

BRISTOL ROVERS FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED

Nature of business (SIC) - Activities of sport clubs

Company status – Active 

Operating loss year end 30 June 2016 - £831,138 (previous year £956,105).

Creditors: Amounts falling due within one year - £9,360,166

Ultimate parent undertaking of this company is Dwane Sport by virtue of holding 92.6% of the ordinary shares.

Great work - this should go on Gaschat

So to be 100% clear - based on average yearly losses (lets say 900,000K) then within the next 12 months they will owe 10,260,166 - which is more than the charge over the Mem by DS.

So if the dodgy boys from Jordan decide not to put in more cash, or cannot find more cash, the only option is to either:

A) Raise another charge against the Mem (current value 12 mil give or take)

B) Go into administration to sell the only asset they have - the Mem - and recoup their money.

The other thing is that if Higgs and others are still owed the sums being quoted, then the liabilities already exceed the asset.

Bristol Rovers could be placed into administration as soon as a debtor takes them to court.

This really is the end of BRFC - for ever potentially.

Edited by SX227
spelling
  • Like 1

We thought that when they dropped out of the football league, but they are still here.

I thought that it would be good for us if they disappeared, but without the sags, who would there be to give stick to and stuff on our rare meetings.

I rather enjoy being forever the best team in bristol rather than the only team in bristol.

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

We thought that when they dropped out of the football league, but they are still here.

I thought that it would be good for us if they disappeared, but without the sags, who would there be to give stick to and stuff on our rare meetings.

I rather enjoy being forever the best team in bristol rather than the only team in bristol.

They'd be back under some new guise, you can dress up a turd and say its a hungry new turd but its still a turd.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Dwayne sports already have that plan well in hand. 

True, so Bristol Sport's plan is maybe to buy Dwayne Sports at a knock down when it is liquidated / goes into administration? 

Now, Bristol Sport can't own two league clubs so BRFC has to go, leaving ownership of the Memorial GROUND and a field near Almondsbury. I'd like to think that Bristol Sport knows what it would do with the stadium and the field is, well, a field. 

• Like 1

He (SL) could turn the Mem into a Village Green (with an enclosed area in a corner for the dog walkers,)  to last forever in the memory of those it was meant for.

That would be nice!

I always liked the Mem, till the Sags moved in.

Edited by 42nite

9 minutes ago, 42nite said:

He could turn the Mem into a Village Green (with an enclosed area in a corner for the dog walkers,)  to last forever in the memory of those it was meant for.

That would be nice!

I always liked the Mem, till the Sags moved in.

Lansdown should buy it knock it down and turn it into a massive park with community football and rugby pitches 

7 hours ago, zippycar said:

"Dwane Sports has invested money into the club, it's not a loan it's an investment from the holding company - which is Dwane Sports - into Bristol Rovers football club.

"It's an inter-company transaction which is registered as a loan between the two companies, both of which we both own, so there is no third party involved.

"It's an inter-company loan that's all it is. There is a charge on the Mem and we did that as a sensible move to protect our investment as in the world of business you never know what will turn up," Al-Qadi told Rovers' website."

I found this little bit interesting, an intercompany loan would also be a useful way to derive a bit of extra money on their 'investment' through interest - Lend money to a loss making organisation whilst you have a charge against their only asset. Any interest on the loan is then placed against said asset meaning you get everything back you invested plus more.

I'd be very interested to know the interest rates for this loan compared to market rate.

Of course, as a show of commitment, they could also covert some of this loan to equity as Lansdown did with us...

33 minutes ago, Son Of Nob said:

I found this little bit interesting, an intercompany loan would also be a useful way to derive a bit of extra money on their 'investment' through interest - Lend money to a loss making organisation whilst you have a charge against their only asset. Any interest on the loan is then placed against said asset meaning you get everything back you invested plus more.

I'd be very interested to know the interest rates for this loan compared to market rate.

Of course, as a show of commitment, they could also covert some of this loan to equity as Lansdown did with us...

I really can't understand why there aren't a lot more questioning his commitment. 'Hes's one of us' 'He stands on the terrace' blah blah blah. This means nothing to the club, there have been plenty of owners who (like Wael) love the adulation, look like they mix with the fans, and meanwhile have their own agenda . Fair play if he comes up with the £25m or there abouts to build the 'stadium', a lot more for the world class stadium, but I have my doubts. He's already looked for and failed to find funding for a stadium that had a cleared plot and planning. The Rugby site could prove tricky to complete.

I worked for a company  who , on the face of it, was doing well. When there was a down turn and a few redundancies , I found out that nothing was owned by the company I worked for. The Building, vehicles, machinery , everything was owned by another company. This company, owned by the Directors wife as it happens, owned everything and leased /rented it back to the main company. When that company got into difficulties it was easy to wipe their hands and walk off with the assets. Just a story, thinking out loud sort of thing...... any similarities with a local no mark team/club are purely coincidental .

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Surely they could use the gate if they were willing to pay a fair amount to use it (not that they would).  But if they did, my only worry would be that they would try to steal it and set up their caravans in the car park.

Why would they want to use Ashton Gate? I'm sure it was said they were going to buy it and use as their training ground?!! :facepalm:

24 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I really can't understand why there aren't a lot more questioning his commitment

They question nothing, some still think he is going to sink his own cash into them. When he says "protecting an investment", they still don't question it. The mem has gone from not being an option to now being the only option, how has that suddenly changed to make them sustainable (will there be a feasibility study that takes 6 months coming up)? Where are the submitted plans for The Colony? A few seem to be starting to see what is really happening, but many are still as deluded as they were 18 months ago.

Problem is this Wael/Whale/Wally chap seems to find a way to skirt around the real pressing questions. None of the local media or journos seem to ever actually put him on the spot and ask "where's the money? Where's the planning? Where will Eastville FC be in 2/3/4/5 years time?"

Until then he can get away with vague statements about future developments, fences and the like. The bloke is a shifty character, I wouldn't trust him in business and I sure as hell wouldn't trust him as a football club owner.