IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

15 hours ago, Gashead2017 said:

At the moment there's still rivalry, I bet there's not a thread this long about Port Vale on the Stoke forum!, if you ever get to the promised land and Wael doesn't deliver something at the Mem soon life could become a bit boring with neither teams fans interested in the other's results. 

Is there an "oh yes" thread on the Vale forum similar to the one you had a few seasons ago ?

A thread to mark each of our defeats, which of course would culminate in certain relegation for us, plus the confirmed date of your relegation party for us ?

That ended well, didn't it ?

11 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

He's entitled to his views. 

It just so happens that just about everything he comments on is misinformed, small minded, politically correct tosh!

I didn't say he wasn't, just why have we got to have them thrust down our throats by the EP all the time.

His safe standing views go against all the expert research and facts.

• Like 1

roverstillidie Avatar
roverstillidie
Reserve Team
Feb 19, 2016 at 1:48pm
RoverDrivebaggins, and 4 more like this
I don't know whether to laugh or cry...my guts is churning round reading the new owners comments. Things like this just don't happen to us.!!!!!

Yep they do.... and it makes it all the funnier for us!  :thumbsup:
Wonder if he's decided to laugh or cry yet?

Edited by RumRed
  • Haha 1

Fantasy%20Island_2.jpg

I can exclusively reveal that a project manager has been appointed to oversee the regeneration of the Memorial Stadium.

This diminutive executive is admirably qualified for the job because he knows someone who has worked on twelve building sites and was  formerly  personal assistant to the owner of Fantasy Island.

He has already been spotted on Avon Street pointing to the upper floor windows of a well known solicitors office and shouting "the plaintiff, the plaintiff"

Edited by bert tann
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

Well that is a classic. But also only a 12 page thread on the biggest thing ever to happen to them (so they thought  :rofl2br:) . We get bigger threads on pyros . Tinpot isn't the word

To be fair, there are lots of other threads on the same subject, but that was one of the longest.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Well that is a classic. But also only a 12 page thread on the biggest thing ever to happen to them (so they thought  :rofl2br:) . We get bigger threads on pyros . Tinpot isn't the word

They had dozens of threads at the time, some of them making very grand predictions. Obviously they were also desperate to point out how we should be shitting ourselves about the Worlds '6th richest club' coming for us. That's worked out well so far.

Idiots.

10 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Also, they have 20 posts per page where as we have 50 :clapping:

Edited by Tammys Scan

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Bored on a Friday afternoon?

Then take a journey down memory lane, when the UWE was a formality and Wally was a billionaire.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/5974/confirmed-al-qadi-family-takeover?page=1

You would think that they might look at Wael of Fortune's comments on the UWE and the timescales and realise that they are identical to the comments he is now making about Memorial ground.  

Also, it seems the origin of the "billionairre" tag come from one tweet and one transaction that the bank they have shares in completed. There are some quite sensible, lets wait and see comments on there to be honest, some of those people must be feeling quite smug now (or maybe just as disappointed) :) 

Edited by Port Said Red

:clapping:

The owners know.

An 18,500 stadium with other facilities will fit on the site.
An 18,500 stadium with other facilities was given planning consent.

They have most likely asked their stadium advisors/designers some basic
outlines of what can realistically be achieved on the site. Would these
outlines require any other considerations that were not taken for the original
plans.
Wael commented that the Mem site is exactly the same as that for Evertons 40,157 Goodison park.
which has a record attendance of over 78,000 !....imagine that on Filton avenue .
Goodison has housing right around the ground.

57 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Comparing there selves to Everton now . Rightly so seeing there bigger than Norwich. Bet they get 32000 tomorrow 

Sure to be a full house up the swamp tomorrow.

The bestest most loyalist fans in the whole wide world are bound to rally round their wonderful owner and give him a huge show of support after a turbulent week....

.....aren't they?

:rofl2br:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Bored on a Friday afternoon?

Then take a journey down memory lane, when the UWE was a formality and Wally was a billionaire.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/5974/confirmed-al-qadi-family-takeover?page=1

I liked the comment:

"Ha. That will set off the  82ers"

Well, we're still here. An even better comment was:

"I don't know whether to laugh or cry...my guts is churning round reading the new owners comments. Things like this just don't happen to us.!!!!!"

I expect he's now decided to cry

Edited by pongo88
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I liked the comment:

"Ha. That will set off the  82ers"

Well, we're still here. An even better comment was:

"I don't know whether to laugh or cry...my guts is churning round reading the new owners comments. Things like this just don't happen to us.!!!!!"

I expect he's now decided to cry

Be fair, he was right. Things like that don't happen to them. :rofl2br:

8 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Bristol Rovers FC 1885 1945 2015

There won't be room to get it all on the badge if they keep going bust and dropping out of the league!

It's like the last 2 times in 1885 that they ACTUALLY did anything - quarter to 8, quarter past 8....like a bus, on the half hour!

Over running somewhat, tick tock....

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, chowie said:

Seems extremely low in my opinion, so I've asked for odds on other League 2 teams just to see if it's because we're minted now

Superb. just effing superb