IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, nathredwood said:

A Bristol Sport backed UWE stadium with no Football capabilities would be a genius move!

A lot of money to spend on a one finger salute though...

On the other hand a uwe athletics stadium with a football pitch could be used by our academy and ladies teams. Imagine the sags reaction to that!

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Wally has just revealed the full extent of Plan B - it is not just curtains but new poles too, following an offer he couldn't refuse ...

curtains_bg_image_jq.jpg

Are they placing these in front of each seat (wouldn't cost a lot!) and along the front of the terracing, so they can avoid watching the humiliation unfold..? 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Are they placing these in front of each seat (wouldn't cost a lot!) and along the front of the terracing, so they can avoid watching the humiliation unfold..? 

Not a chance! The Sag's love being shafted right before their very eyes, and sit back and whinge on Slagchat and do nothing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Southstandoriginal said:

On the other hand a uwe athletics stadium with a football pitch could be used by our academy and ladies teams. Imagine the sags reaction to that!

Genius, that would be the sweetest of the sweet, the ultimate up yours, even better than a £10m striker for £300k.....

3 hours ago, nathredwood said:

A Bristol Sport backed UWE stadium with no Football capabilities would be a genius move!

A lot of money to spend on a one finger salute though...

Back of the sofa stuff for our Steve. I always thought after the `no-one will speak of Bristol Rovers again` quote he was playing the long game.

3 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

This for me wouldn't be a one fingered salute, that is just icing, the clue for me is probably Bristol 'sport'

Unlike our pikey neighbours SL could secure the said funding from investors and I would suspect enough investors would be interested in a venture such as this especially with the tie up to an up and coming university.

Absolutely Es. SL would be fighting off potential investors with a stick.

The Steve Lansdown Chair of Economics anyone?

1 hour ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Wally has just revealed the full extent of Plan B - it is not just curtains but new poles too, following an offer he couldn't refuse ...

curtains_bg_image_jq.jpg

The new Poles are a couple of centre backs signed from Slupsk for 15,000 Zloty

Edited by myol'man

1 hour ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

curtains_bg_image_jq.jpg

Don't blame this on the poles - honest, hard working - far too good for the sad sags!

7 hours ago, Malago said:

Come on, what we really want is for the gas to be bought by an asset stripper who converts the mem into executive housing which results in them sharing the County Ground with Swindle Glos CCC for the next 50 years.

Neville Road isn't too far from Muller Road and it would permit the ground to be used 52 weeks a year with gas & Glos sharing infrastructure costs such as Rates and upkeep of the facilities.

"Bit of a shame to once again be posting about bad news,

Some of the veterans kit from Sunday which was lent to me by Rovers has gone "missing" it was all counted up and put in the kit bag by myself and Phil Bater and all was present, only upon returning it to Rovers today it's become apparent that we are missing no fewer than 7 shirts and 12 pairs of shorts, it would appear someone has been in the dressing room and took it.

Mangotsfield have CCTV that they will be checking tonight so it's likely the culprit will be found, it's quite simple really if you have taken this kit return it before you are caught and we will say no more about it.

Also if anyone seen anything or knows who has decided to take something from a charity day please get in touch.
Share away please so as many as possible see."

Ashley Belsten, 
Facebook

3 hours ago, myol'man said:

Dopey for the Villa job tomorrow?       You heard it here first  :gasmask:

Oddly enough, if there's someone associated with them professionally I have got a degree of sympathy with it is Darrell Clarke.   He reminds me of John Ward.  Hopefully for his own sake he moves on soon.  I've met Darrell     Clarke and he really is not dopey.

6 minutes ago, Tammys Scan said:

Some of the veterans kit from Sunday which was lent to me by Rovers has gone "missing" it was all counted up and put in the kit bag by myself and Phil Bater and all was present, only upon returning it to Rovers today it's become apparent that we are missing no fewer than 7 shirts and 12 pairs of shorts, it would appear someone has been in the dressing room and took it.

Mangotsfield have CCTV that they will be checking tonight so it's likely the culprit will be found, it's quite simple really if you have taken this kit return it before you are caught and we will say no more about it.

Also if anyone seen anything or knows who has decided to take something from a charity day please get in touch.

Ashley Belsten, 
Facebook

Phil Bater is another chap me and a gas head mate at the time, as a teenager, happened to meet personally.  I have to say he was very good with us as teenage lads, even with me being City.  Kieron Bracken was another Memorial Ground player that was a professional and a gentleman, who I had the pleasure to meet.

It does not surprise me that it's descended into scandal since the Pirates have had to do their dirty work to survive since, don't get me wrong!

It's odd the same 13 year old gas head mate came along to us in 1994 just for a night out.  Lost 2-0 to Peterborough.  We still took the piss out of each other but we were just kids.  It all got a bit more serious with the 0-2 Beadle game, aged 15.

4 hours ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

Oddly enough, if there's someone associated with them professionally I have got a degree of sympathy with it is Darrell Clarke.   He reminds me of John Ward.  Hopefully for his own sake he moves on soon.  I've met Darrell     Clarke and he really is not dopey.

Yeah I must admit I've refrained from banter against DC. I won't go into details but he made an extremely nice gesture for a Rovers-supporting mate of mine who died a while back, really put in the effort. Obviously haven't mentioned it here much as it's not a popular opinion but I can't help but respect him. That's the only part of that club I have a positive outlook on mind!

Edited by nebristolred
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, 22A said:

Neville Road isn't too far from Muller Road and it would permit the ground to be used 52 weeks a year with gas & Glos sharing infrastructure costs such as Rates and upkeep of the facilities.

Not bloody likely. We want to keep Nevil Road, thank you very much.

• Like 3

• Admin
10 hours ago, Tammys Scan said:

Ashley Belsten, 
Facebook

Not sure we should be highlighting this when the same thing happened with a fans match organised by a once infamous poster on this site

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

And let's not forget that he brings pleasure to the canine population of North Bristol. He's not all bad. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tammys Scan said:

Ashley Belsten, 
Facebook

I've always held the opinion that nobody should be prosecuted for stealing nappies or toilet roll. They must be in a very desperate state to need to risk taking these items. 

Clearly, someone was in desperate need of toilet roll but nowhere near a supermarket. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Tammys Scan said:

Ashley Belsten, 
Facebook

I hope we have featured this so that we can help to recover the items and not to laugh at the sags.

Edited by Bianconeri

5 hours ago, Aizoon said:

Not bloody likely. We want to keep Nevil Road, thank you very much.

I agree with you 100%. However I can imagine the gas trying it on. I'll leave it to you to then visualise how things would pan out in the following years.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

All of the shorts have now been recovered and all but two of the shirts so you can sleep safely tonight.

Crimewatch in Gasland

With all due respect to amateur clubs, reading that it's like they're an amateur club.

Of course thieft is wrong but that sounds to me like they may've had to put the players subs up by a fiver to cover the loss, sending a note home to the parents to explain.

7 hours ago, Bianconeri said:

I hope we have featured this so that we can help to recover the items and not to laugh at the sags.

It wasn't that woman again was it? Old £126k hands in the Arkwright till was it?

20 hours ago, Tammys Scan said:

Ashley Belsten, 
Facebook

1 hour ago, harrys said:

This nearly crept off the first page, can't have that, does anyone know why the UWE deal fell through? Our local media should be all over this, it seems to be the usual cloak of darkness when it comes to any thing to do with Rovers 

EP won't dig and discredit the family club, seeing as it's part of their family. It's all kept quiet and in house when it comes to BRFC.

If this were BCFC, could you imagine the calls for heads to roll, public debates organised and attended to by EP, Radio Bristol, MPs, local councillors, supporters groups, plus anyone opposed to it at the outset if they were brave enough to attend?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, harrys said:

This nearly crept off the first page, can't have that, does anyone know why the UWE deal fell through? Our local media should be all over this, it seems to be the usual cloak of darkness when it comes to any thing to do with Rovers 

Sorry, I am unable to reveal anything because of an incontinenciality agreement.

But, it's one thing to say you have access to £40 million and another to prove, to the satisfaction of a partners' lawyers, that you have  £40 million irrevocably committed to the purpose of building a football stadium on their land.

Edited by bert tann
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1