IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

24 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

This sums those dopey ***** up. He's dragged them up from non league . Just finished outside the play offs last season and without a pot to piss in. Now some of those absolute deluded belters are turning on their manager but not blaming the camel fiddler . You could not make it up. They ***** must live in a parallel universe. ******* 

Spot on

41 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I swear it's only a matter of time before this young man is appointed Gas manager (this guy is young, bright, up-and-coming and here for the long haul, like them other river have got sort of a way) AND he is called Ollie.. what could go wrong?

Indeed. Actually, Ollie is an intelligent, articulate young man. He is passionate about the blue quartered team. 

I can understand entirely why Geoff has him on the show once the match has finished. The test for Ollie would be should we ever play his team. 

Should Ollie ever read this thread, you do your team proud....now come over to the red side!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Indeed. Actually, Ollie is an intelligent, articulate young man. He is passionate about the blue quartered team. 

I can understand entirely why Geoff has him on the show once the match has finished. The test for Ollie would be should we ever play his team. 

Should Ollie ever read this thread, you do your team proud....now come over to the red side!

I'll hold my hands up because i have knocked him. But he seems a nice kid and does follow his football closely. What shitty luck (for him) that his parents were presumably Gas and that he has to support the "wrong" lot. Take your point, he seems ok really and it's always nice to hear people passionate about their footy.

Edited by AppyDAZE

9 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

I can understand entirely why Geoff has him on the show once the match has finished. The test for Ollie would be should we ever play his team

:laugh: 1. unlikely and

2. What, you reckon he'd lose it and start calling us c*n*s live on air?  :laugh:

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Dopey to Birmingham? 

Exactly what I suspect. Heard a rumour that when DC signed his new contract, a clause was entered that says he can leave immediately if he wasn't happy with the budget/stadium issues and if a club in a higher division came in for him...

Can see this having some legs...

2 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Exactly what I suspect. Heard a rumour that when DC signed his new contract, a clause was entered that says he can leave immediately if he wasn't happy with the budget/stadium issues and if a club in a higher division came in for him...

Zola, Redknapp,

....   that bloke at Bristol Rovers   yeah,

26 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Sounds like it wasn't just Matty Taylor who had a release clause.

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Found another gem on Twitter folks and it's gold.

Absolute class :laugh:.

Yet another thing for them to have an inferiority complex about. 

It's the same if you Google "Bristol football club" etc. - and I love how wound up they get about people calling us Bristol...

Sometimes it's like they don't even exist :clapping:

18 minutes ago, Red34 said:

Absolute class :laugh:.

Yet another thing for them to have an inferiority complex about. 

It's the same if you Google "Bristol football club" etc. - and I love how wound up they get about people calling us Bristol...

Sometimes it's like they don't even exist :clapping:

Proper belters north of the river. I quite like people calling us Bristol, shows how totally irrelevant they are!

• Like 1

On 15/09/2017 at 19:20, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Looks like the new commercial director only got the job because he is as obsessed about the gap as all the other sad f*ckers over there ...

Bristol Rovers' new commercial director on the rivalry with Bristol City

'We will look try close that gap a little bit.'

gorringeedit.jpg

"So I’m really looking forward to hopefully meeting them on the pitch, off the pitch and there’s no reason why we can’t meet with them directly – we will look to try close that gap a little bit.”

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-new-commercial-director-482573

He could've shaved, surely? He looks half asleep, like he's just woken from a terrible dream where he's been given of job as commercial director at a football club.....oh, hang on.....

What a clown! I wouldn't trust him to direct my grandmother across the road....

• Haha 2

On 15/09/2017 at 19:20, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Looks like the new commercial director only got the job because he is as obsessed about the gap as all the other sad f*ckers over there ...

Bristol Rovers' new commercial director on the rivalry with Bristol City

'We will look try close that gap a little bit.'

gorringeedit.jpg

"So I’m really looking forward to hopefully meeting them on the pitch, off the pitch and there’s no reason why we can’t meet with them directly – we will look to try close that gap a little bit.”

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-new-commercial-director-482573

Fixed.

IMG_3487.PNG

• Haha 9

3-0 and a sending off at Wigan is a good result for the scum. 20 years ago they lost 3-0 at the old Springfield Park and got three red cards. ;)

EDIT: Sorry, four red cards. It's hard to keep track - I'm sure they would've had 20,000 red cards locked out as well.

Edited by WessexPest

1 hour ago, WessexPest said:

3-0 and a sending off at Wigan is a good result for the scum. 20 years ago they lost 3-0 at the old Springfield Park and got three red cards. ;)

EDIT: Sorry, four red cards. It's hard to keep track - I'm sure they would've had 20,000 red cards locked out as well.

Remember that well. At the next City home game a new song appeared:

11 men went to play, went to play at Wigan

11 men, 10 men, 9 men, 8 men, 7 men went to play at Wigan

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

8 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

He could've shaved, surely? He looks half asleep, like he's just woken from a terrible dream where he's been given job as commercial director at a football club.....oh, hang on.....

8 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

He could've shaved, surely? He looks half asleep, like he's just woken from a terrible dream where he's been given of job as commercial director at a football club.....oh, hang on.....

He does look like the grandson of a familiar face:

article-2385679-00042AB100000258-855_638

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, WessexPest said:

If yesterday's match had been at Springfield Park aswell, it would still have been a big day out for them, at a club with facilities that far outclass their own!

• Haha 1