IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I accept that there is a different formula for sharing gate receipts in Cup matches but for League matches, these days, the home team keeps all of the attendance revenue. Having good away attendances for League matches thus adds not a jot to their team's finances.

If the 15'ers don't do something to address their piss poor home attendances, to at least reach break-even, then those ever so "loyal and true" supporters won't have a team to watch away from home before too much longer ... well, until a phoenix rises from the ashes in a park somewhere.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I accept that there is a different formula for sharing gate receipts in Cup matches but for League matches, these days, the home team keeps all of the attendance revenue. Having good away attendances for League matches thus adds not a jot to their team's finances.

If the 15'ers don't do something to address their piss poor home attendances, to at least reach break-even, then those ever so "loyal and true" supporters won't have a team to watch away from home before too much longer ... well, until a phoenix rises from the ashes in a park somewhere.

Sadly for them, I believe break even is beyond them, a full Mem won't cover the running costs so they will be trading at a loss.

Still, work is about to start on their new stadium soon......

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Sadly for them, I believe break even is beyond them, a full Mem won't cover the running costs so they will be trading at a loss.

Still, work is about to start on their new stadium soon......

no i don't think it is, they average 8k at a push? break even was 10k, but they've released alot of high earners or sold them and replaced them with youth team rejects and non league players on a lot lower wages,

the dog fiddler is doing a fantastic job with the tools he has, once he gets fed up then they will be well and truely ****** again and will tumble back down the leagues

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Almost a shame we didn't win 1-0 last night, then, like Rovers we too would be having 'mythical' Taylor money burning a hole in our collective shellsuits.

Attendances is all they have got left to cling on to. My god they are so dead and buried it's unreal. All their loyal supporters who only ever bother to turnout when they play anyone any good must have felt the agony knowing that The Snake was putting in a man of the match performance in a red shirt. We know that they are the gift that keeps on giving, but the gift of Taylor for just a mere £300k was an exceptionally kind donation from the ragbag squatters. Tick tock.

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

the dog fiddler is doing a fantastic job with the tools he has, once he gets fed up then they will be well and truely ****** again and will tumble back down the leagues

Is Dopey really doing that great a job, or is that a bit of a myth..?

Granted, they scraped out of non league, then instant leapfrog of L2, just, was a good recovery. 

However, they sit 3 Pts above the relegation zone, in a piss poor League 1. They regularly get hammered and their discipline appears to be going down the pan, faster than my morning clearout..!

Last season they did ok. This season COULD turn into a bit of a struggle, if they aren't careful. 

Maybe Matty Taylor's goals really were worth £10million to them! 

Edited by Bar BS3

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Granted, they scraped out of non league, then instant leapfrog of L2, just, was a good recovery. 

However, they sit 3 Pts above the relegation zone, in a piss poor League 1. They regularly get hammered and their discipline appears to be going down the pan, faster than my morning clearout..!

Last season they did ok. This season COULD turn into a bit of a struggle, if they aren't careful. 

If Taylor's goals were worth 10mil, then maybe, at the end of the season and we have got promoted (and won the cup), we could offer him back to Rovers 

Ask SL nicely if he would write a cheque for a million quid, give them Taylor back and then take the Mem off them.

We seem to have too much going on at the Gate to stage car boot sales, which appears to be the Mems 'golden ticket'.

11 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

as much as he is a grade A bellend he really is doing a good job, there's not many with the limited resources that he's had would of got them to top 10 league one,

I think they'll go back own this season, as the undisclosed contract for Bodin reeks of similar to Taylor (Ie 6 months) and he will be gone in Jan, 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

as much as he is a grade A bellend he really is doing a good job, there's not many with the limited resources that he's had would of got them to top 10 league one,

I think they'll go back own this season, as the undisclosed contract for Bodin reeks of similar to Taylor (Ie 6 months) and he will be gone in Jan, 

But do we really need Bodin?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, redcityman said:

And that is funny!

You do realise that spastic is a term so often used (incorrectly) in the past to put down/belittle someone who is disabled or of limited cognitive ability, spastic is relative to muscle, nothing to do with mental ability, then again I wouldn't expect you to know that afterall this isn't the first time you have used a term that is insulting to those less able as a put down to gas heads!

Literally thought that was what it said, which I found funny! No I didn't know that though, quite interesting now you mention it.

I did a back of a fag packet calculation the other day based on our commercial revenue.

If we say the sags have an average home gate of 8000 a match and we say they have an average ticket price of £25 per head, according to a figure posted on OTIB recently we are making 2.5 million a year from commercial use of the stadium (meetings, conferences, exhibitions etc), all this means that the sags would need the revenue from 12.5 of their home games just to equal what we make from the commercial use of our stadium. That's half a season. 

Their new commercial manager is going to have to be bloody good to close that gap.

Edited by Midlands Robin
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

I did a back of a fag packet calculation the other day based on our commercial revenue.

If we say the sags have an average home gate of 8000 a match and we say they have an average ticket price of £25 per head, according to a figure posted on OTIB recently we are making 2.5 million a year from commercial use of the stadium (meetings, conferences, exhibitions etc), all this means that the sags would need the revenue from 12.5 of their home games just to equal what we make from our the commercial use of our stadium. That's half a season. 

Their new commercial manager is going to have to be bloody good to close that gap.

2.5 million! That's six and 3 quarter Tilsons!

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

no i don't think it is, they average 8k at a push? break even was 10k, but they've released alot of high earners or sold them and replaced them with youth team rejects and non league players on a lot lower wages,

When the Al Qadis took over and promised them UWE, Hamer said breakeven was 15k, which is why they couldn't stay at the Mem as they'd die.

Of course then UWE fell through at they're staying at the Mem, so wish they'd get on with ending...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1