42nite

43 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10743/sigh-another-reminder 

They really do have a racism problem don't they

gashead1981 Avatargashead1981

Posting Level

Next Level in 118 posts

Post by gashead1981 on 3 hours ago

There have been some complaints via the admin system that I wrote an ageist post (fair enough, I can see why and point taken). However, this is a copy and paste from page 1 of the link above which 2 posters individually wrote, which prompted me to write the thread I have. It was not my intention to target a particular age group.

"The way I see things, is that I am actualy too old for all this PC nonsense to affect me. You cannot teach an old dog new tricks, so my defense is that I am the way I am, because that's the way I grew up."

"Exactly how I see it I'm 60 in 2 weeks and I ain't changing the way I think and speak for anyone (although I have to keep my opinions to myself on here cud every time in the past I have written what I think it has been removed and I do not want to get banned from the forum)"

It was written as a warning that era of upbringing has no bearing on whether it is acceptable to use of any form of slang relating to race or ethnicity.

I hope it clears the matter up and if anyone would like to discuss anything further then I would welcome a PM.

Thanks

Steve

17 minutes ago, Red34 said:

When the Al Qadis took over and promised them UWE, Hamer said breakeven was 15k, which is why they couldn't stay at the Mem as they'd die.

Of course then UWE fell through at they're staying at the Mem, so wish they'd get on with ending...

happy endings, nudge nudge wink wink!!

8 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

..and the reply :facepalm:

FFS Redkapp?, they would have to suspend all of their Memorial upgrades immediately, no more carpets cleaned, no more new curtains, no more damp proofing of tents, no more kerbs being lowered and most importantly where would that leave Santa's grotto?.

How else would 'Arry be able to recruit the normal army of players?.

On the bright side I suspect Dopey would be happy with 'Arry's dog becoming the gas's new tax consultant.

Edited by Esmond Million's Bung
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Red34 said:

When the Al Qadis took over and promised them UWE, Hamer said breakeven was 15k, which is why they couldn't stay at the Mem as they'd die.

Of course then UWE fell through at they're staying at the Mem, so wish they'd get on with ending...

so break even was Tilson's right foot?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Posting Level

Next Level in 118 posts

There have been some complaints via the admin system that I wrote an ageist post (fair enough, I can see why and point taken). However, this is a copy and paste from page 1 of the link above which 2 posters individually wrote, which prompted me to write the thread I have. It was not my intention to target a particular age group.

"The way I see things, is that I am actualy too old for all this PC nonsense to affect me. You cannot teach an old dog new tricks, so my defense is that I am the way I am, because that's the way I grew up."

"Exactly how I see it I'm 60 in 2 weeks and I ain't changing the way I think and speak for anyone (although I have to keep my opinions to myself on here cud every time in the past I have written what I think it has been removed and I do not want to get banned from the forum)"

It was written as a warning that era of upbringing has no bearing on whether it is acceptable to use of any form of slang relating to race or ethnicity.

I hope it clears the matter up and if anyone would like to discuss anything further then I would welcome a PM.

Thanks

Steve

I don't see how age can be cited as a reason for racism. I will be 56 soon and I have learned what is acceptable and what is not acceptable as the years have gone by, to say something like "you can't teach an old dog new tricks", is tantamount to saying I am too lazy to moderate the way I speak or that I actually don't care whom I offend by using outmoded language. I have no doubt that it is beyond them to change the way they think, but I hope their moderators do their duty in censoring how they express themselves. 

It annoys me because I feel like all people of a certain age get lumped in with this stereotype, as someone who grew up with Rock Against Racism, bands of mixed ethnicity and supporting a team that contained black players, I have never looked on someones skin colour as being a defining reason for whether I like them or not. It's an attitude of mind not a question of language. 

Dammit, too early to get mythical 25k :) 

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I don't see how age can be cited as a reason for racism. I will be 56 soon and I have learned what is acceptable and what is not acceptable as the years have gone by, to say something like "you can't teach an old dog new tricks", is tantamount to saying I am too lazy to moderate the way I speak or that I actually don't care whom I offend by using outmoded language. I have no doubt that it is beyond them to change the way they think, but I hope their moderators do their duty in censoring how they express themselves. 

It annoys me because I feel like all people of a certain age get lumped in with this stereotype, as someone who grew up with Rock Against Racism, bands of mixed ethnicity and supporting a team that contained black players, I have never looked on someones skin colour as being a defining reason for whether I like them or not. It's an attitude of mind not a question of language. 

Dammit, too early to get mythical 25k :) 

these are the fans who think horse punching boob cricket minibus headbutting is normal

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Midlands Robin said:

I did a back of a fag packet calculation the other day based on our commercial revenue.

If we say the sags have an average home gate of 8000 a match and we say they have an average ticket price of £25 per head, according to a figure posted on OTIB recently we are making 2.5 million a year from commercial use of the stadium (meetings, conferences, exhibitions etc), all this means that the sags would need the revenue from 12.5 of their home games just to equal what we make from the commercial use of our stadium. That's half a season. 

Their new commercial manager is going to have to be bloody good to close that gap.

£25 average ticket price at the Mem..?! You can take a third off of that before you even start getting close. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

£25 average ticket price at the Mem..?! You can take a third off of that before you even start getting close. 

I must admit, I had no idea what the figure was.

If we say the average price is a third off that then it would take them almost 19 home games to get close to our commercial income. 

• Like 2

Posting Level

Next Level in 118 posts

Thanks

Steve

So the Moderator is apologising to the Racists for an Ageist remark in the post that's supposed to be a Boll**king........... the gift!!! 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

I must admit, I had no idea what the figure was.

If we say the average price is a third off that then it would take them almost 19 home games to get close to our commercial income. 

Average POTD  Adult ticket = £20. 

Forgetting season ticket rates, early bird discounts etc. 

Based on 75% adult & 25% concession (probably a higher proportion of that should be concession) works out at £17 average. 

Based on their reported season ticket sales of 5,500, at an average per game of around £13 per adult. 

You could guestimate that their average, 8k attendance, matchday ticket sales being in the region of £90k

That would mean them needing 27/28 home games per season, just to match our commercial income. 

Yes, I am bored!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posting Level

Next Level in 118 posts

Thanks

Steve

In summary...

"I'm a racist, always have been, always will be. Anyone who doesn't like it can **** off back to their own country"

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Average POTD  Adult ticket = £20. 

Forgetting season ticket rates, early bird discounts etc. 

Based on 75% adult & 25% concession (probably a higher proportion of that should be concession) works out at £17 average. 

Based on their reported season ticket sales of 5,500, at an average per game of around £13 per adult. 

You could guestimate that their average, 8k attendance, matchday ticket sales being in the region of £90k

That would mean them needing 27/28 home games per season, just to match our commercial income. 

Yes, I am bored!

so are you telling us they need 5 and a half games to make a tilson?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Probably the wrong thread to start this discussion, but does anyone know what effect the fans zone and the outlets are having on local pubs etc? It seems to me that they must be losing a lot of trade that they would have expected to see on a match day.

no, people who use pubs still use them, I think the fan zone is more for the family that would rock up at 2

2 hours ago, Tomarse said:

..and the reply :facepalm:

Redknapp! Redknapp! FML! 

Of course. How could he possibly turn down a position at one of Europe's biggest clubs?!

Talk about delusions of grandeur!

They have even infected Slocombe with their propaganda. He was referring to them as a big club....A big club?! They play in a Tinpot shithole ramshackled field with marquees and a cricket pavilion. They haven't got tuppence to scratch their arses with. Their history is a couple of lower division promotions, a Watney Cup which is as dead as the brand these days, and they are one of the football leagues newest clubs. So how does it make them big?

Oh yeah, they can fill an away end but I suppose every game is like a Cup Final for such a Tinpot ragbag outfit! I guess every away day is like actually going to a proper professional football club rather than one step down from The Creek! 

Ok, so they took 40,000....sorry, 26,000 to Wembley but as you know the majority of those supporters are obsessed Ted's hoping to see them get turned over.....If you take Gas logic into the equation.

Redknapp in?!.....Honestly, massive massive family club. They are so huge I'm surprised they aren't considering redeveloping the Mem to accommodate at least 60-80,000 faithful and true Gasheads?

Just **** off and die Rovers you bunch of clowns and jokers.

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Redknapp! Redknapp! FML! 

Of course. How could he possibly turn down a position at one of Europe's biggest clubs?!

Talk about delusions of grandeur!

They have even infected Slocombe with their propaganda. He was referring to them as a big club....A big club?! They play in a Tinpot shithole ramshackled field with marquees and a cricket pavilion. They haven't got tuppence to scratch their arses with. Their history is a couple of lower division promotions, a Watney Cup which is as dead as the brand these days, and they are one of the football leagues newest clubs. So how does it make them big? What, because they can fill an away end but not their own ground because they are embarrassed at how much of a shithole it is and every away day is like actually going to a proper professional football club. Ok, so they took 40,000....sorry, 26,000 to Wembley but as you know the majority of those supporters are obsessed Ted's hoping to see them get turned over.

Redknapp in?!.....Honestly, massive massive family club. They are so huge I'm surprised they aren't considering redeveloping the Mem to accommodate at least 60-80,000 faithful and true Gasheads?

Just **** off and die Rovers you bunch of clowns and jokers.

Why don't you tell us what you really think