IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 minutes ago, In the Net said:

I find it hard to believe that nobody has uttered a racist remark there since the 1980's.

Give it a rest mate! Of course they probably have. And at every other ground in the country. 

However it is your fans that keep getting done for it. Your fans that put disgusting radial abuse aimed at your own players on Facebook. Your club that are a laughing stock over the slum of a ground. Your club that has egg on their face from all the "claims" & gloating over Wally's take over. 

What happens at other clubs does not deflect from the utter joke of a soap opera that is Bristol Rovers FC. 

• Like 15
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Swede said:

Words fail me . . .!

That's another improvement ticked off Wally's list.

This ground improvement malarkey is easy

I quoted them £1500 for that, they must have got someone cheaper. It always pays to get three quotes, and don't always go for the cheapest, as you might get a crap job. Evidently they have some really tall carers.

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

In fairness, by comparison, isn't their new disabled enclosure the very highest end of design, construction & style...? 

IMG_3508.JPG

I don't think it's fair to compare the two structures. Santa's Grotto was a prefabricated building, (former ticket booth) and the all weather disabled area, is an architect designed bespoke structure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

I don't think it's fair to compare the two structures. Santa's Grotto was a prefabricated building, (former ticket booth) and the all weather disabled area, is an architect designed bespoke structure.

But the grotto was pre-Wally's frivolous spending spree. 

On 9/24/2017 at 20:58, Red_Nine said:

IMG_4549.JPG

I'm thinking this is a great " Can you spot" game picture

1. How many temporary structures there are?

2. How many construction materials are in view?

3. How many permanent structures are in view (excluding houses and sprinklers)?

4.How many fixed seating points there are in view?

Additions/answers please!

8 minutes ago, adamski said:

I'm thinking this is a great " Can you spot" game picture

1. How many temporary structures there are?

2. How many construction materials are in view?

3. How many permanent structures are in view (excluding houses and sprinklers)?

4.How many fixed seating points there are in view?

Additions/answers please!

Oh oh... I love a quiz at this time of night...

1) 5

(1 disabled area, 1 cricket pavilion, 1 "stand", 2 dugouts [Looks like they've borrowed the T20 dugouts from Glos!])

2)  Plastic, metal, wood, canvas, mud, straw, used ladies bras, dust, filth, horses hooves, casual racism, a few headbutts and 20 thousand fans to build it all.

3) Not applicable 

4) Not applicable 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, In the Net said:

No mention of singing during the minutes silence.  Would have been better if they'd just kept their stupid mouths shut afterwards too.

Like the old couple in the Dribuild stand when Junior Agogo used to play up front. Could often be heard shouting "Go on! Pass it to the racist comment" throughout the match. 

41 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Like the old couple in the Dribuild stand when Junior Agogo used to play up front. Could often be heard shouting "Go on! Pass it to the racist comment" throughout the match. 

Indeed.  I know that for those of a certain generation racist comments were considered quite acceptable - hopefully we are getting closer to having a generation which advocates zero tolerance.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Indeed.  I know that for those of a certain generation racist comments were considered quite acceptable - hopefully we are getting closer to having a generation which advocates zero tolerance.

Lots of things used to be acceptable, or they way things were, until the world progressed & moved on. 

Racist chanting.

Standing in the rain on uncovered terraces.

Eating from not fit for purpose catering outlets. 

Setting transfer records 20 years ago. 

Do you see some kind of pattern emerging here..?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

In fairness, by comparison, isn't their new disabled enclosure the very highest end of design, construction & style...? 

IMG_3508.JPG

10 hours ago, Rich said:

It's what's inside the Grotto that scared Georgie.......

IMG_3342.JPG

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PhilC said:

Oh oh... I love a quiz at this time of night...

1) 5

(1 disabled area, 1 cricket pavilion, 1 "stand", 2 dugouts [Looks like they've borrowed the T20 dugouts from Glos!])

2)  Plastic, metal, wood, canvas, mud, straw, used ladies bras, dust, filth, horses hooves, casual racism, a few headbutts and 20 thousand fans to build it all.

3) Not applicable 

4) Not applicable 

20 thousand, are you including the invisible 17 thousand locked out in the Carpark?