IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

REALITY BITES!!!!! http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10842/gas-financial-trouble This thread is on page five of denials after just 12 hours.

Not one to spread rumours, but I understand that rumours are circulating within the Bristol football community that all is not well at the Mem. Sources have told me that Dwayne Sports do not want to spend any money on the club and expect us to make profits. If any of this is true, then I can now understand why we pulled away from the UWE Stadium project. There are also rumours of conflicts within the Al Qadi family regarding the spending of money on Bristol Rovers. Hope none of this is true, but with many asking why Chinese people were at the game with Plymouth on Saturday makes me wonder if the Al Qadi take over has gone sour and the family are now looking at options to pull out! Seems like we are back in a mess, AGAIN!!!!

Edited by 22A
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, 22A said:

REALITY BITES!!!!! http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10842/gas-financial-trouble This thread is on page five of denials after just 12 hours.

Not one to spread rumours, but I understand that rumours are circulating within the Bristol football community that all is not well at the Mem. Sources have told me that Dwayne Sports do not want to spend any money on the club and expect us to make profits. If any of this is true, then I can now understand why we pulled away from the UWE Stadium project. There are also rumours of conflicts within the Al Qadi family regarding the spending of money on Bristol Rovers. Hope none of this is true, but with many asking why Chinese people were at the game with Plymouth on Saturday makes me wonder if the Al Qadi take over has gone sour and the family are now looking at options to pull out! Seems like we are back in a mess, AGAIN!!!!

"With many asking why Chinese people were at the game" at Rovers, I wouldn't like to hear how those questions were actually worded...! 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, 22A said:

Shitting ourselves mind :blink:

image.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

How any rovers fan thinks we are scared of them is beyond me!

I dunno?

Ive just seen a load of them at the Mem on the Points West 8pm bulletin shovelling pies down their grids.

If they start winning prizes for their pies again we might as well just ******* give up.

4 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I dunno?

Ive just seen a load of them at the Mem on the Points West 8pm bulletin shovelling pies down their grids.

If they start winning prizes for their pies again we might as well just ******* give up.

I agree, no point in carrying on. Once they`ve set the bar that high there`s no way we can hope to compete. I`m going to start supporting Exeter I think - I know my place.

18 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I dunno?

They asked one guy to sample a red onion sausage roll and asked him what he thought.  "It's very ... um ... oniony" he spluttered, sending crumbs all over the newly cleaned carpet whilst inventing a new nounjective.

Edited by Rudolf Hucker
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

They asked one guy to sample a red onion sausage roll and asked him what he thought.  "It's very ... um ... oniony" he splattered, sending crumbs all over the newly cleaned carpet whilst inventing a new nounjective.

So. Just to be clear, we end up getting global press because of 'our' (media dept, players and culture) approach to goal celebrations; they get two minutes on Points West by finding a more tasty way of giving their fans the shits from their condemmed pasty hut. 

The gift.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So. Just to be clear, we end up getting global press because of 'our' (media dept, players and culture) approach to goal celebrations; they get two minutes on Points West by finding a more tasty way of giving their fans the shits from their condemmed pasty hut. 

The gift.

Both pretty cringe to be honest, I like the goal GIFs but don't make them into something they're not.  They are getting traction as they're amusing it is hardly revolutionary.

Edited by RumRed
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The gift.

They interviewed that bloke they`ve just appointed to Commercial Manager or whatever and he just looked like a sixth former presenting a science project.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Both pretty cringe to be honest, I like the goal GIFs but don't make them into something they're not.  They are getting traction as they're amusing it is hardly revolutionary.

Not saying it's revolutionary, what I am saying is that it's not the ageing rapidly Alex Lovell saying 'And now for a story about warm food' to 'And now, it's a story about a football club you might not have heard of with ambitions to challenge....' (Probably read by a Sheila Lovell (age to be determined)) who needs a fun finish to her show on wokka-wokka news in Australia.

Edited by Bristol Rob
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Not saying it's revolutionary, what I am saying is that it's not the ageing rapidly Alex Lovell saying 'And now for a story about want food' to 'And now, it's a story about a football club you might not have heard of with ambitions to challenge....' (Probably read by a Sheila Lovell (age to be determined)) who needs a fun finish to her show on wokka-wokka news in Australia.

I love the idea of a Wokka-Wokka news channel, I can only imagine Fozzie Bear as the anchor!

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Hopefully he can tempt 'The Count' out of retirement to do the weather...

TWO BOLTS OF LIGHTENING!

HA HA HA HA HA

Muppet News, its something that we need in this day and age (copyright pending, talk to my lawyers).  The worlds crap but somehow being told it is by Gonzo and Animal may at least distract us for a bit.  Swedish Chef for the weather.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Won`t let me see it unless I sign up.

I am lucky enough to have worked in football for the last 10 years. My journey has taken me from Portsmouth FC where I started as an intern, working in every department before settling in the marketing department in a full-time role. 

During my four years at the club we experienced two relegations, two administrations and an FA Cup Final. The highlight of my time at the club was receiving the Family Club of the Year award in 2012. This achievement marked a stark change from the clubs failure to achieve the Football League’s family Excellence standard just a year earlier. Tasked with improving this area I set about changing the ethos of the club to put the fan at the heart and improve the match day experience. This resulted in an increase in season ticket holders for the 2012-13 season despite relegation to League One.

The experience gained here stood me in good stead for my future career. 

At Cardiff, in the first year, my team increased matchday hospitality revenue by over 200% from the previous season as well as leading us to the 2013 Family Club of the year Award. One area that received particular praise has been our new Away Fan Strategy which was recently featured in the Independant: http://tinyurl.com/nuhym5u

In addition to this I was awarded the Star of the Future Award at the 2013 Football Hospitality Awards.

I then moved to Brighton & Hove Albion as Head of Marketing where I was responsible for our sales strategies for all club commercial channels including ticketing, commercial, retail and non-matchday events.

In 2015, I received the Rising Star Award at the Stadium Business Awards in Barcelona and in 2016 I was part of the inaugural Sports Industry Next Gen programme with honours. With the latter I am on a leadership programme in partnership with Barclays.

I am now currently Commercial Director at Bristol Rovers Football Club, responsible for all of the clubs revenue streams. So far, I've performed seemingly impossible tasks like getting fat people eating pies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

10 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I am lucky enough to have worked in football for the last 10 years. My journey has taken me from Portsmouth FC where I started as an intern, working in every department before settling in the marketing department in a full-time role. 

During my four years at the club we experienced two relegations, two administrations and an FA Cup Final. The highlight of my time at the club was receiving the Family Club of the Year award in 2012. This achievement marked a stark change from the clubs failure to achieve the Football League’s family Excellence standard just a year earlier. Tasked with improving this area I set about changing the ethos of the club to put the fan at the heart and improve the match day experience. This resulted in an increase in season ticket holders for the 2012-13 season despite relegation to League One.

The experience gained here stood me in good stead for my future career. 

At Cardiff, in the first year, my team increased matchday hospitality revenue by over 200% from the previous season as well as leading us to the 2013 Family Club of the year Award. One area that received particular praise has been our new Away Fan Strategy which was recently featured in the Independant: http://tinyurl.com/nuhym5u

In addition to this I was awarded the Star of the Future Award at the 2013 Football Hospitality Awards.

I then moved to Brighton & Hove Albion as Head of Marketing where I was responsible for our sales strategies for all club commercial channels including ticketing, commercial, retail and non-matchday events.

In 2015, I received the Rising Star Award at the Stadium Business Awards in Barcelona and in 2016 I was part of the inaugural Sports Industry Next Gen programme with honours. With the latter I am on a leadership programme in partnership with Barclays.

I am now currently Commercial Director at Bristol Rovers Football Club, responsible for all of the clubs revenue streams. So far, I've performed seemingly impossible tasks like getting fat people eating pies.

The prior achievements appear to be excellent, Rovers obviously worked their socks off and broke the budget to bring someone of that calibre in, hats off.

Edited by RumRed