IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

12 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I am now currently Commercial Director at Bristol Rovers Football Club, responsible for all of the clubs revenue streams. So far, I've performed seemingly impossible tasks like getting fat people eating pies.

This bit is the 1st time I've ever laughed out loud at anything on here. Bravo sir Bravo

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, RumRed said:

The prior achievements appear to be excellent, Rovers obviously worked their socks off and broke the budget to bring someone of that calibre in, hats off.

The prior achievements appear to be a load of old pony.

He worked in 'every dept' exactly how many first team appearances did he rack up as part of the playing dept? How many players did he develop or sign as part of the management dept? If he said commercial department I might take him more seriously.

Smacks of desperation.

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Shitting ourselves mind :blink:

image.jpg

Ehh? At this present moment the gap is probably the biggest it's been for years. We're currently doing great in a division they haven't been in for 25 years, they're struggling in a league Shrewsbury are top of :laugh::laugh: 

Truthfully they're closer to administration than they are to us.. and no one wants that now do we.. :whistle:

Edited by Sergio Georgini
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I am lucky enough to have worked in football for the last 10 years. My journey has taken me from Portsmouth FC where I started as an intern, working in every department before settling in the marketing department in a full-time role. 

During my four years at the club we experienced two relegations, two administrations and an FA Cup Final. The highlight of my time at the club was receiving the Family Club of the Year award in 2012. This achievement marked a stark change from the clubs failure to achieve the Football League’s family Excellence standard just a year earlier. Tasked with improving this area I set about changing the ethos of the club to put the fan at the heart and improve the match day experience. This resulted in an increase in season ticket holders for the 2012-13 season despite relegation to League One.

The experience gained here stood me in good stead for my future career. 

At Cardiff, in the first year, my team increased matchday hospitality revenue by over 200% from the previous season as well as leading us to the 2013 Family Club of the year Award. One area that received particular praise has been our new Away Fan Strategy which was recently featured in the Independant: http://tinyurl.com/nuhym5u

In addition to this I was awarded the Star of the Future Award at the 2013 Football Hospitality Awards.

I then moved to Brighton & Hove Albion as Head of Marketing where I was responsible for our sales strategies for all club commercial channels including ticketing, commercial, retail and non-matchday events.

In 2015, I received the Rising Star Award at the Stadium Business Awards in Barcelona and in 2016 I was part of the inaugural Sports Industry Next Gen programme with honours. With the latter I am on a leadership programme in partnership with Barclays.

I am now currently Commercial Director at Bristol Rovers Football Club, responsible for all of the clubs revenue streams. So far, I've performed seemingly impossible tasks like getting fat people eating pies.

Condensed version:

Portsmouth went into administration, twice! While I was there. 

Cardiff got promoted to the prem, so revenue increased. 

Brighton were challenging for the prem and had a brand spanking new ground to exploit. 

I can't believe I've ended up at Bristol ******* rovers! I thought I'd agreed to join a progressive club and misheard Forest green Rovers... bollocks! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 22A said:

REALITY BITES!!!!! http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10842/gas-financial-trouble This thread is on page five of denials after just 12 hours.

Not one to spread rumours, but I understand that rumours are circulating within the Bristol football community that all is not well at the Mem. Sources have told me that Dwayne Sports do not want to spend any money on the club and expect us to make profits. If any of this is true, then I can now understand why we pulled away from the UWE Stadium project. There are also rumours of conflicts within the Al Qadi family regarding the spending of money on Bristol Rovers. Hope none of this is true, but with many asking why Chinese people were at the game with Plymouth on Saturday makes me wonder if the Al Qadi take over has gone sour and the family are now looking at options to pull out! Seems like we are back in a mess, AGAIN!!!!

“Fukin TEDs postin on r forum!!1”. They really are a special breed of divvy aren’t they? 

Edited by Lita For Congo

10 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

"With many asking why Chinese people were at the game" at Rovers, I wouldn't like to hear how those questions were actually worded...! 

That’s how racist the 15ers are. The mere sight of non-white people at Tent City is so unusual that it makes them all wonder why they are there.

10 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Shitting ourselves mind :blink:

image.jpg

TED talks are neither about "conspiracy theories or a "load of shit." TED talks are given by many of the world's best scientists, researchers, entrepreneurs and thinkers - including people such as Stephen Hawking. Some of The topics covered include discussing how to solve environmental problems, discrimination, social issues, research into cancer, how the brain works, mental illness, politics and ocassionally some more lighted hearted talks (Google "TED talks spam email" for a fun one).The TED organisation describe them as follows:

TED Talks are influential videos from expert speakers on education, business, science, tech and creativity, with subtitles in 100+ languages.

Stil it's not like a blue and white quatered moron to make stuff up or just be too stupid to understand is it now?

Noticeable too that our old friend that Henburygas liked a comment that fits an anti city agenda with no basis in fact.

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, Red34 said:

Really hope this is irony...

Henbury Gas Avatar
Henbury Gas
Gas 
2 minutes ago
anghymhwysedd said:
"Are the Gas in financial trouble ? " ....No.

Are the sh!theads in financial trouble ? they most certainly are !

Of course we must be in financial trouble. After all, our record transfer signing ONLY equates to 14.32 Tilsons. Also, our record transfer sell ONLY equates to a little over 40.5 Tilsons.

Don't forget that we ONLY get over double their average attendance as well as make money all year round from our commercial activitiex.

Add this to the fact our owner is a Billionaire that is willing to write off debt  (or turn it into equity) and has paid for a redeveloped stadium out of his own pocket and you can see why HG would think this.

We're doomed I tell you, dooooooommmmeeed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Red34 said:

Really hope this is irony...

Henbury Gas Avatar
Henbury Gas
Gas 
2 minutes ago
anghymhwysedd said:
"Are the Gas in financial trouble ? " ....No.

Are the sh!theads in financial trouble ? they most certainly are !

It’s a record-breaking thread in some respects as it reached the 6th page before it turned into an anti-City ant-Lansdown diatribe. The question should really be ‘are all football clubs in financial trouble?’ And, of course, without the largesse of benefactors  or extreme god fortune the vast majority would be.

All this ‘tax dodger’ nonsense borders on slander IMHO, Steve L made his money in the UK and doubtless paid more tax in a year than most pay in a lifetime..He elected to buy a property in Guernsey, which anyone can thanks to their ‘open market’ property market, and still invests heavily in UK companies - which pay taxes, etc...

We remain owned by a UK company whose major shareholder still lives in GB. They, on the other hand, are owned by an offshore (GB) company whose major shareholders live in Jordan. Perhaps someone should explain the basics of how an Islamic Bank (e.g. one from Jordan) operates too, but i fear that the collective IQ of the 2015ers’ ‘support’ is not up to it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cityal said:

TED talks are neither about "conspiracy theories or a "load of shit." TED talks are given by many of the world's best scientists, researchers, entrepreneurs and thinkers - including people such as Stephen Hawking. Some of The topics covered include discussing how to solve environmental problems, discrimination, social issues, research into cancer, how the brain works, mental illness, politics and ocassionally some more lighted hearted talks (Google "TED talks spam email" for a fun one).The TED organisation describe them as follows:

TED Talks are influential videos from expert speakers on education, business, science, tech and creativity, with subtitles in 100+ languages.

Stil it's not like a blue and white quatered moron to make stuff up or just be too stupid to understand is it now?

Noticeable too that our old friend that Henburygas liked a comment that fits an anti city agenda with no basis in fact.

I really wanted to put up a defence for TED Talks as well, but couldn't put it as eloquently as you. Thank You.

:laugh: yep he's in a dream world...  I'm just hoping it's irony otherwise he really is that dumb.

Maybe someone should show them the "Lansdown's Millions" thread - to point out that even if we lost tens of millions this year, our owner has more than enough on hand to deal with it...

Indeed as some people on that forum have pointed out - that amount of money (or the money to build the UWE stadium) is a rounding error (and definitely less than the interest!) on his fortune...

15 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I am lucky enough to have worked in football for the last 10 years. My journey has taken me from Portsmouth FC where I started as an intern, working in every department before settling in the marketing department in a full-time role. 

During my four years at the club we experienced two relegations, two administrations and an FA Cup Final. The highlight of my time at the club was receiving the Family Club of the Year award in 2012. This achievement marked a stark change from the clubs failure to achieve the Football League’s family Excellence standard just a year earlier. Tasked with improving this area I set about changing the ethos of the club to put the fan at the heart and improve the match day experience. This resulted in an increase in season ticket holders for the 2012-13 season despite relegation to League One.

The experience gained here stood me in good stead for my future career. 

At Cardiff, in the first year, my team increased matchday hospitality revenue by over 200% from the previous season as well as leading us to the 2013 Family Club of the year Award. One area that received particular praise has been our new Away Fan Strategy which was recently featured in the Independant: http://tinyurl.com/nuhym5u

In addition to this I was awarded the Star of the Future Award at the 2013 Football Hospitality Awards.

I then moved to Brighton & Hove Albion as Head of Marketing where I was responsible for our sales strategies for all club commercial channels including ticketing, commercial, retail and non-matchday events.

In 2015, I received the Rising Star Award at the Stadium Business Awards in Barcelona and in 2016 I was part of the inaugural Sports Industry Next Gen programme with honours. With the latter I am on a leadership programme in partnership with Barclays.

I might suggest that his only hope of winning Star of the Year or Rising Star of the Future with Tinpot Rovers FC is to buy a Virgin Galactic ticket and get fired into space....

Someone's pointed out the obvious (maybe one of ours winding up Henbury?):

Post by harleygas on 5 hours ago

Yeah he could buy us under someone else and fold us up with his loose change.

It's a nice thought - maybe Wael is one of his bankers just building up their hopes to crush them :ph34r: SL if you're looking for a present for our 125th anniversary... ;)

2 hours ago, Super said:

What bellend.

He is struggling to get up to being a full blown halfwit.  I am sometimes embarrassed by what some of our fans post on here but none of them come close to being the sewn on absolute belter that is Henbury Gas. 

If I was running their forums I'd have banned him as showing their fans in a bad light; there is a line between loyalty and outright stupidity and he crossed it many years ago.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

He is struggling to get up to being a full blown halfwit.  I am sometimes embarrassed by what some of our fans post on here but none of them come close to being the sewn on absolute belter that is Henbury Gas. 

If I was running their forums I'd have banned him as showing their fans in a bad light; there is a line between loyalty and outright stupidity and he crossed it many years ago.

A Beautiful South lyric sums up Henbury Gas pretty well.

"The time you told class I was a halfwit was my very first 50%"

• Like 1