IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 08/10/2017 at 08:13, Major Isewater said:

Fantastic result result for any team to achieve 6-0 and away from home .

I want to show how big we can be by acknowledging the fact .

We know there will be many more days to laugh at the Blue Few but today they deserve credit. 

At least they couldn’t lose count,they counted the goals on the fingers of one hand 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 08/10/2017 at 16:44, AppyDAZE said:

I wonder if they are asking the league whether scoring 6 away entitles them to automatic promotion?  :laugh:

After some of their requests in recent years, I wouldn't rule it out.

You never know, it's worth a try because Swindon won league 1 in November a few seasons back after scraping a narrow victory against us. Or was it the World Cup given the way they celebrated? Or possibly the boat race....

• Like 5

They will get promoted this year because they now have a billionnare owner and the best manager in the championship and L1, plus Billy Bodin who is now worth £10 million.

Good thing that the sprinklers are ready.

Interestingly, if they did go up, would their campsite have to pass any tests to enter the championship. i.e are tents and carports acceptable accomodation for spectators (can't really call em fans can you)?

23 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

https://bristolroverssc.co.uk/2017/10/05/agm-financial-report-of-brsc/

Have their supporters club really lost 19k in the last year.

No.  If you add back the non-cash items of depreciation and impairment you have a £26k profit last year and a £3k profit this year; they're writing something off (?clubhouse, stock of "We are staying up 2015" t-shirts?)) to create a loss; looks like they know what they're doing (now!).  It all looks vvery healthy but they had better hope that that £138k of cash doesn't attract another "over-eager" volunteer. 

58 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

They will get promoted this year because they now have a billionnare owner and the best manager in the championship and L1, plus Billy Bodin who is now worth £10 million.

Good thing that the sprinklers are ready.

Interestingly, if they did go up, would their campsite have to pass any tests to enter the championship. i.e are tents and carports acceptable accomodation for spectators (can't really call em fans can you)?

When you think what we had to go through to get a safety certificate for the Lansdown Stand,  and all things being equal of course they'll be ok. Canvas doesn't come under any health & Safety umbrella ( see what I did there )

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

No.  If you add back the non-cash items of depreciation and impairment you have a £26k profit last year and a £3k profit this year; they're writing something off (?clubhouse, stock of "We are staying up 2015" t-shirts?)) to create a loss; looks like they know what they're doing (now!).  It all looks vvery healthy but they had better hope that that £138k of cash doesn't attract another "over-eager" volunteer. 

You always come on here saying that their finances ain't that dire ! What's the matter with you ?

:cool:

16 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

You always come on here saying that their finances ain't that dire ! What's the matter with you ?

:cool:

:D

Sorry about that!

I think the club finances are pretty dire if that helps, they're losing c.£1.5m a year (including £0.5m interest payments back to the owner) and are going to hit zero net assets sometime between now and March.

With zero net assets the value of the club is just the future income stream from their loyal fanbase net of the running costs of the club.  So negative £1m a year "income" stream which I won't even bother to discount.

456647d1359226080-collections-not-safe-o

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Their merc sales do not cover the staff and running costs of the shop ? Could they not just, well not bother - it also seems a lot of money on wages for a supporters club, you would think it would be ran for the love of the club not a pay cheque ? but who knows, maybe ours also has salaried members.

They seem to be sat on a lot of cash as well - surely it should be used for something, hate seeing clubs/ charities just hoard money for the sake of it.

I was walking along the top of Rodway hill yesterday and thought about the land/empty field at the back of Cossham street and Cleve Rugby club.

I started thinking - we could buy Mangos out and then let them use the new ground with us.The area there could easily be built into a 30k arena.Its by the ring road as well as being in Gas heartland.The fact that I live just 5 min walk way from this site has nothing to do with my suggestion.All we need is weal to put his hand in his deep pockets 

• Haha 7
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

I was walking along the top of Rodway hill yesterday and thought about the land/empty field at the back of Cossham street and Cleve Rugby club.

I started thinking - we could buy Mangos out and then let them use the new ground with us.The area there could easily be built into a 30k arena.Its by the ring road as well as being in Gas heartland.The fact that I live just 5 min walk way from this site has nothing to do with my suggestion.All we need is weal to put his hand in his deep pockets 

They'd just have to buy the land off Taylor Wimpey first.

Edited by Kid in the Riot
  • Haha 4

On 08/10/2017 at 11:26, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Yeah but they would've taken thousands more to Valley Parade than us cos they're like the Leeds Utd of L1 when it comes to away support. That's really what matters at the end of the day....

IMG_4945.PNG

In much the same way as we have a measure of currency by the Tilson, is it possible to have a similar measure of their away following by an easily recogniseable denominator?

Edited by BanburyRed

22 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

They'd just have to buy the land off Taylor Wimpey first.

First find the money to buy the land.

Second get planning permission and change of use for the land

Third find the money to build the stadium

Fourth survive long enough to reach step 1

Calling them “Deluded halfwits” is being unkind to the deluded, halfwits, and deluded halfwits.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

In much the same way as we have a measure of currency by the Tilson, is it possible to have a similar measure of their away following by an easily recogniseable denominator?

Interesting that, we would have to define the ACTUAL away following, the REPORTED away following on  Pratchat  and the HISTORICAL away following in various moronic posts on the same.

It’ll be along the lines of buses, where the ACTUAL crowd is, say, 10 minibuses REPORTED as 10 double deckers with 10 more locked out, and HISTORICALLY and FACTUALLY* recorded as 10 trains full.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1