IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

MEMORIAL GROUND REDEVELOPMENT

I have a friend who lives near to the Mem and apparently the word on the street is that the BRFC directors have been holding meetings with the near neighbours and the groups who were opposed to the previous developments to try and get them onside. So the plan is to redevelop the ground one stand at a time in the same way that has been done at Ashton Gate and they want to go for a capacity of 17,000-20,000. They said that it will be self-funded so there will be no need to have hotels, student accommodation, etc. on the site to finance it. Residents are concerned with the transport infrastructure but they haven't got a solution to that yet ... although I heard they want to encourage everyone to come by bike instead of driving ... it could mean that a bike tent could be included in the plans! They said that after spending all that money on the Mem they would be able to compete in the Championship but if they ever got to the Premiership, then they would have to abandon the ground and start all over again somewhere else. I had a quick look on their forums and it doesn't look as though they have let the fans know anything about it yet ... so maybe yet another scoop for OTIB! A shame that their fans have to come here to find out what is going on with their own club.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

I have a friend who lives near to the Mem and apparently the word on the street is that the BRFC directors have been holding meetings with the near neighbours and the groups who were opposed to the previous developments to try and get them onside. So the plan is to redevelop the ground one stand at a time in the same way that has been done at Ashton Gate and they want to go for a capacity of 17,000-20,000. They said that it will be self-funded so there will be no need to have hotels, student accommodation, etc. on the site to finance it. Residents are concerned with the transport infrastructure but they haven't got a solution to that yet ... although I heard they want to encourage everyone to come by bike instead of driving ... it could mean that a bike tent could be included in the plans! They said that after spending all that money on the Mem they would be able to compete in the Championship but if they ever got to the Premiership, then they would have to abandon the ground and start all over again somewhere else. I had a quick look on their forums and it doesn't look as though they have let the fans know anything about it yet ... so maybe yet another scoop for OTIB! A shame that their fans have to come here to find out what is going on with their own club.

Self funded eh? Clever stuff that.

I believe they are going through the motions to keep their fans happy through a transitional period. The Jordanians won't invest the £40-60m required to rebuild all four stands, only to end up with a ground under 20k. So it looks like an exercise in puffing up the club to any potential mug, sorry, buyer.

36 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Is the last part of that bullshit a suggestion they would come play at the Gate, or our Failand training? I couldn't tell due to the tears from laughing at the previous paragraphs.

12 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

Weren't they in the Premiership a couple of year ago? Oh, you mean that Premiership! My bad.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Noticed if our u23s win tonight in the Glous cup . We got the sags at home next round. Might go to that . Remember years ago I watched the city out trumpton in the glous cup . Keith welch missed a penalty. Finished something like 12-11 . More of a pre season game then. For first teams. Saying it wouldn't surprise if the sags played their first team this seasons competition. Tick tock and all that 

• Like 1

I see our old friend Henbury Gas is saying that SL has a very large tax bill to pay! Has this cretin not learned his lesson about making up stories and posting them on the internet? I’m sure that pre Hargreaves-Lansdown that SL was a chartered accountant? So the chances of him making a mistake of that magnitude is surely complete nonsense.

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10456/mem-bristol-city-council?page=7

• Like 1

Just now, BS15_RED said:

I see our old friend Henbury Gas is saying that SL has a very large tax bill to pay! Has this cretin not learned his lesson about making up stories and posting them on the internet? I’m sure that pre Hargreaves-Lansdown that SL was a chartered accountant? So the chances of him making a mistake of that magnitude is surely complete nonsense.

I won't repeat that libellous statment by Idiot Prime Henbury Gas but it would be sweet to see SL take him to court for it; that is not the sort of thing you can get away with as "banter".

People have been very careful on here not to say that the gas are bust and unable to pay creditors as that would affect their capacity to trade and is anyway not the case.

So what price a successful businessman's reputation when he is accused of illegality?

6 minutes ago, BS15_RED said:

I think it’s called grasping at straws.They’ve got to believe that it’s going to go tits up for us.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Noticed if our u23s win tonight in the Glous cup . We got the sags at home next round. Might go to that . Remember years ago I watched the city out trumpton in the glous cup . Keith welch missed a penalty. Finished something like 12-11 . More of a pre season game then. For first teams. Saying it wouldn't surprise if the sags played their first team this seasons competition. Tick tock and all that 

We play them next month on the 16th  at WSM ground   7pm ko.

14 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

He really is a little man isn't he . Desperate to spread his bullshit . And they believe him. Little ***** 

I think he just sums up that forum. If he was a city fan on here posting that he would have been banned a long time ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

He really is a little man isn't he . Desperate to spread his bullshit . And they believe him. Little ***** 

Not all of them....

'I see what you are doing here, deliberately making something up but adding "will we ever know" to cover yourself.

As much as I hate them, making stuff up about them is a bit too far. Why would anyone on this forum have access to information on something like this.'

• Like 7

2 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

Mr Gas clearly knows very, very little about UK income tax ! 

And Mr SL will without any doubt have tax advisers looking at this for him - you don't risk tax on £180m+ without checking the tax first. 

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Mr Gas clearly knows very, very little about UK income tax - the remittance basis for one! 

And Mr SL will without any doubt have tax advisers looking at this for him - you don't risk tax on £180m+ without checking the tax first. 

He is now claiming it relates to something on the local news.

Curious.

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

He could have found this in 2 minutes if he bothered https://www.gov.uk/tax-uk-income-live-abroad/selling-or-inheriting-assets

But then he wouldn't be able to gain the attention that he craves so much, thought he would've been a bit more careful after last time . So be it.

1 hour ago, 42nite said:

Not all of them....

'I see what you are doing here, deliberately making something up but adding "will we ever know" to cover yourself.

As much as I hate them, making stuff up about them is a bit too far. Why would anyone on this forum have access to information on something like this.'

Looks like some on there are beginning to find out he is full of shit.