IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 hours ago, ukneil said:

Why does that elderly female horse have boobs?

Other than that there is nothing else wrong with that picture of horses sitting down, with clothes on, inside a house. Obviously.

You find the boobs odd, but the hands are ok..?! 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

got to be the 90's I was living there at the time they were building the Kazaam or whatever they call it these days 

So the Rovers have renovated their ground to a level that was deemed unacceptable by at least one club in the 90's? Hmmmm, tick tock? 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Haha, now I see why you were confused by my comment :) No need to doctor anything gas related as there is always enough of a laugh ITRW.

Indeed, in the same way that there's no need to write a parody.  

I don't think I could anyway, the critics would say it was too far fetched.  In Rovers' case, the writer would actually have to dumb it down to make it believable.  

I couldn't resist a look. ;)  It did interest me that the idea that their owner is a billionaire and the top 6 budget stuff is now pretty much accepted as bollocks on there, several posters talking about the lack of money, investment and the chances of a ground without being countered by the usual blinkered ones. It's clearly dawning on them that sitting in the away end does little to make up for any of that.

Edited by Port Said Red

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I couldn't resist a look. ;)  It did interest me that the idea that their owner is a billionaire and the top 6 budget stuff is now pretty much accepted as bollocks on there, several posters talking about the lack of money, investment and the chances of a ground without being countered by the usual blinkered ones. It's clearly dawning on them that sitting in the away end does little to make up for any of that.

I didn't need to read anymore. It's taken 18 months but it seems the penny is finally dropping.  

I'm a kid with a new toy this morning ...

Feel the rhythm, feel the ride.  Come on Jamaica its Screenshot time....

IMG_1035.PNG

• Haha 2

'Rovers are on of the biggest clubs in the division?' Are they ****!

I would argue that Plymouth, Blackburn, Portsmouth, Blackpool, Wigan, Bradford, Charlton, Mk Dons, Oldham, Oxford, Rotherham and Peterborough are all bigger. They've all certainly been higher in recent years apart from Plymouth and Pompey and they're both bigger clubs full stop.

Deluded f88kwits! 

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 7

8 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

'Rovers are on of the biggest clubs in the division?' Are they ****!

I would argue that Plymouth, Blackburn, Portsmouth, Blackpool, Wigan, Bradford, Charlton, Mk Dons, Oldham, Oxford, Rotherham and Peterborough are all bigger. They've all certainly been higher in recent years apart from Plymouth and Pompey and they're both bigger clubs full stop.

Deluded f88kwits! 

Yep.  Not played in the second tier of English football for quarter of a century and haven't had a 5 figure average attendance for over 40 years.

******* Huge!!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I really do wonder how H&S have allowed that as a permanent structure. If the weather is as bad as is being forecast, then I fear for the local residents.

Anyone else see the irony in this post. They claim to be one of the biggest clubs in League 1, yet display a photo of a garden gazebo covering a few dozen seats and calling it a stand?

14 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

Live update:

IMG_1036.PNG

They really are up themselves aren't they?  Should be challenging at the top end eh? Why?

Massive fan base hmm as someone else has correctly stated they haven't had a five figure average crowd for 40 years.  Massive potential, an owner who won't spend and the worst ground in the league.  Loyal and patient fans, hardly unique no matter what they may think!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

We don't claim our away support is something special though.

If they're going to talk the talk they should walk the walk far more often than they actually do.

My reply is exactly what Stevie said! Nothing wrong with it - but I’d be embarrassed if we banged on about taking thousands to each away game but took 500 to the midlands!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Southstandoriginal said:

They really are up themselves aren't they?  Should be challenging at the top end eh? Why?

Massive fan base hmm as someone else has correctly stated they haven't had a five figure average crowd for 40 years.  Massive potential, an owner who won't spend and the worst ground in the league.  Loyal and patient fans, hardly unique no matter what they may think!

Grandiose, narcissistic, ego-centric, entitled, removed from reality, lacking in self-awareness, alternative reality, victim mentality

...... take your pick :)

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

Grandiose, narcissistic, ego-centric, entitled, removed from reality, lacking in self-awareness, alternative reality, victim mentality

...... take your pick :)

Can only pick one? That hardly seems fair, can we have an "all of the above" (and more) option?