IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Two page thread over at delusion central. Starts off all optimistic but then a couple of their `ITKs` get involved and the mood changes.

Apparently some sort of statement is `imminent`

Oh yes, the meltdown continues. Are they still training at the old sunlife ground. If so i thought their time there was up

So they are looking at a rugby ground to turn into training facilities ? Seems odd, they have land - surely it's building the damned thing that's going to costs them. Buying a few Rugby ground /  training pitches etc seems mad, unless they intend selling the mem and investing everything into some existing rugby ground ? There are not many around here that would be adequate.

• Like 1

St Marys in Almondsury  - large plot land around it, easy motorway access.

Old Redcliffians - but it's Brislington area which seems out of Rovers core areas.

Downend on Southmead Road - pretty big site

Bishopston / Ashley Down - but tight squeeze

On our Doorstep Imperial ground which is Bristol Imperial I think

Cleve / Magnotsfield United - three way ground share ? You could fit a stadium and training facilities there.

Whitehall - large area but also a public park I think ?

I guess it's whats in it for those clubs. I cannot think of any other clubs with grounds large enough to build more on to be honest.

I feel badly let down by the owner of the club hani.
Lots of broken promises on budgets,UWE and the training ground up and running by 2018-2019 all a bloody mirage!
Now we have a fan base expecting a top league one team when its more likely to have a badly struggling one.
Whats the point of taking over a struggling football club and not throwing serious money at it?
I wish the owners would just quietly fade away back to making millions in banking.
Feel sorry for darrell clarke as hes becoming just another struggling manager waiting for the sack as the support start to turn on him as all "fans" do in the modern era.
Higgs would have delivered a ground with the sainsbury deal at any time from the start of the new millennium until very recent changes in shoppers habits so at least in part was unlucky.
The present owners are right up there in a mini league with the oystens,venkys and the leyton orient lunatic for me.
I would have much preferred not having my hopes raised that we were gunning for bristol city with a state of the art stadium and a category 2 academy,yes remember that? a cat 2 academy!! 
Rubbish and cheap talk.
Name all the chairmen of bristol rovers that have done more for the football club than harry dolman or steve lansdown have at city.
1] ?
2]?
3] ?
4]?
Let's boycott the next home game 

Read more:  http://gasheads.org/thread/6838/owner-hani#ixzz4vtP5FXOI

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

I feel badly let down by the owner of the club hani.
Lots of broken promises on budgets,UWE and the training ground up and running by 2018-2019 all a bloody mirage!
Now we have a fan base expecting a top league one team when its more likely to have a badly struggling one.
Whats the point of taking over a struggling football club and not throwing serious money at it?
I wish the owners would just quietly fade away back to making millions in banking.
Feel sorry for darrell clarke as hes becoming just another struggling manager waiting for the sack as the support start to turn on him as all "fans" do in the modern era.
Higgs would have delivered a ground with the sainsbury deal at any time from the start of the new millennium until very recent changes in shoppers habits so at least in part was unlucky.
The present owners are right up there in a mini league with the oystens,venkys and the leyton orient lunatic for me.
I would have much preferred not having my hopes raised that we were gunning for bristol city with a state of the art stadium and a category 2 academy,yes remember that? a cat 2 academy!! 
Rubbish and cheap talk.
Name all the chairmen of bristol rovers that have done more for the football club than harry dolman or steve lansdown have at city.
1] ?
2]?
3] ?
4]?
Let's boycott the next home game 

Read more:  http://gasheads.org/thread/6838/owner-hani#ixzz4vtP5FXOI

I thought they already were doing that.

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, cidercity said:

On asschat someone mentions there is a sag pub a few minutes walk from the 3Lions, now I lived in bemmi for 24 years and my mother is still living there now and I do not know of a sad sag pub anywhere in bemmi. Anybody know what the numptyis on about.

And some dick also claiming city fans only come from Bedminster, Knowle and Hartcliffe :facepalm:

I shall have to dig out the visual from the old ashton vale planning applications that showed season ticket holders home locations throughout Bristol and the wider area.......there was no difference between south Bristol and all other parts

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RedRaw said:

And some dick also claiming city fans only come from Bedminster, Knowle and Hartcliffe :facepalm:

I shall have to dig out the visual from the old ashton vale planning applications that showed season ticket holders home locations throughout Bristol and the wider area.......there was no difference between south Bristol and all other parts

It's rubbish, I was brought up in Kingswood and there were loads of reds then, even more so now. Loads of young uns walking around proudly in our red shirt. I now live in Longwell green and there is 1 (yes ONE) gashead in our road, loads of City fans though, absolutely loads. These are supposed gas 'heartlands'!

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

I've seen more city shirts in Westbury than gas shirts and I'm right on their stadiums doorstep! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

It's rubbish, I was brought up in Kingswood and there were loads of reds then, even more so now. Loads of young uns walking around proudly in our red shirt. I now live in Longwell green and there is 1 (yes ONE) gashead in our road, loads of City fans though, absolutely loads. These are supposed gas 'heartlands'!

Likewise. Finished A Levels in 1993 and throughout school there were plenty of City at Kingsfield. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

They are truly remarkable! Good of the 'dick' to ignore Brislington, Knowle West, Whitchurch, Hengrove, Broomhill, Withywood, Ashton, Long Ashton, Southville, Totterdown, Redcliffe, Shirehampton, Sea Mills, Dundry, Kingswood, Pucklechurch, Portishead, Nailsea, WsM, lots of other Somerset places (Chard, Wells, Shepton Mallet, Glastonbury, Farrington Gurney, Radstock ...etc) and loads of others....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Kingswood lad myself.....born and bred. The majority of city fans I know are all east Bristol boys.

Now live in North Bristol, not far from the academy campus and I can safely say I see mainly city shirts and very rarely the quartered abomination

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Yes BUT...................." Lockleaze is ours" !  :P

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Same as you Tim, born and bred in BS15, whilst they have an advantage here, it’s not that much. Now I deleiver in and around South Bristol day in, day out, and I can’t ever remember seeing a blue and white rag on the streets there. The chances of there being enough of them south of the river to have their own pub there is ludicrous.

Edited by BS15_RED
  • Like 2

Everyone knows City are the club of Bristol and Rovers attract a smackering of weirdos from the Wood, Banjo, Sarfmead, Whorefield and Yatay.

Meanwhile Im finding it funny how history is repeating itself with Rovers. For Clarke see Trollope for what will happen next to that manager and that club.

I remain to be convinced that @bert tann is a true blue.

His (or her) dips of interesting information provide some substance but nothing overly revealing.

Bert, if you would like to share your credentials - in complete confidence - by way of a PM I would be interested in hearing from you, even if you can't be completely candid.

• Like 1