IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

**** me,what is that No20( Mark Bola)doing-- supposed to on loan from Arsenal,playing left back??? but looks as if some random guy has sneaked into the dressing room and grabbed themselves a kit...absolutely zero effort,as weak as piss and that's just the good bit.if he had been sedated he would have better awareness.......shocking.

Well we have seen what the Arsenal 1st team defence is like, how bad do you think those who can't get in the squad must be?

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, cidercity said:

On asschat someone mentions there is a sag pub a few minutes walk from the 3Lions, now I lived in bemmi for 24 years and my mother is still living there now and I do not know of a sad sag pub anywhere in bemmi. Anybody know what the numptyis on about.

4 or 5 decent middle aged chaps pop into the Colliers on a Sunday afternoon. They are liked by the City contingent and I have personally spent plenty of time in their company. They do not spout shit incidentally as that wouldn't be healthy. If 10% of the hostelry constitutes a Rovers pub, then that's simply gaslogic again.

11 hours ago, harrys said:

Never seen this before, surprised how we outnumber them so emphatically in East Bristol

It shouldn't really surprise anybody.

Supporters like watching a winning team and we have always been more successful than the Gas , although, in fairness, the bar isn't raised very high . 

A lot of supporters started going in the late seventies and have stuck with the club .  

Looking at the Rovers forums, there is discontent brewing.

A lot of them have seen beyond the evolution theme of the investment and are now questioning all manner of things. The training ground, interest payments and lack of investment in the first team.

I reckon the January window could be double amusing. By then they should have run out of credit, be in a position where that Bodin lad prepares to go on a free and the reality of their training ground and academy plans finally bite the dust.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

It shouldn't really surprise anybody.

Supporters like watching a winning team and we have always been more successful than the Gas , although, in fairness, the bar isn't raised very high . 

A lot of supporters started going in the late seventies and have stuck with the club .  

Most of those quickly became unglued again in the early 80's I seem to remember.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

No, just NO! It's the sort of place where you wipe your feet on the way out, awful, the worst part of the city IMHO! 

Lockleaze makes Swindon look attractive. OK, I exaggerate for effect, but you know what I mean...

Edited by Aizoon
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, harrys said:

Headley Park, Bemmy Down, Bishopsworth, Highridge, always seemed to be quite a few gas in Stockwood though, don’t know if that’s still the case 

Stockwood is very Red, saw a Gashead once but it turned out he was so stupid, he had got on the wrong bus. Stockwood and Southmead do start with the same letter after all.:thumbsup:

• Haha 3

Next up, the mighty Rochdale at Spotland which will no doubt attract another huge crowd as R*vers are 'one of the biggest teams in League 1.

In the 'Dale squad is Steve Davies, not the snooker player, but ex City striker who scored 13 goals for us in season 2012-13.

Cue loads of abuse from the travelling few.

Good luck Steve :chant6ez:

sdsdsd.jpg

• Like 1

• Admin
11 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Next up, the mighty Rochdale at Spotland which will no doubt attract another huge crowd as R*vers are 'one of the biggest teams in League 1.

In the 'Dale squad is Steve Davies, not the snooker player, but ex City striker who scored 13 goals for us in season 2012-13.

Cue loads of abuse from the travelling few.

Good luck Steve :chant6ez:

sdsdsd.jpg

Surely that head has been photo shopped onto that picture?

13 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

no I mean he can walk for nothing in jan, hence why it was an undisclosed contract,

but whether its true or not I don't know, we'll find out in Jan

Doesn't sound right at all.

player contracts are to June 30th in almost all cases. The exceptions usually being in countries where the season runs at a different time to ours.

28 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Doesn't sound right at all.

player contracts are to June 30th in almost all cases. The exceptions usually being in countries where the season runs at a different time to ours.

indeed but thats why its undisclosed, god knows,

anyway has anyone seen our old friend henbury claiming that the colony isn't going ahead because they are taking over clifton rugby ground?

mind you it would be the first time those asshats squatted at a rugby ground would it,

Henbury Gas
Gas 

Henbury Gas Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

39 minutes ago
Post Options

Post by Henbury Gas on 39 minutes ago

Bourne End Gas Avatar
Henbury Gas Avatar
Rumour has it its Clifton.......  ;)

Clifton is still used by Bristol Rugby academy and Sarecens ( next door ) is earmarked for housing 

Bristol Rugby academy moving to sh**ty academy site after its next expansion ?

9 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

indeed but thats why its undisclosed, god knows,

anyway has anyone seen our old friend henbury claiming that the colony isn't going ahead because they are taking over clifton rugby ground?

mind you it would be the first time those asshats squatted at a rugby ground would it,

Henbury Gas
Gas 

Henbury Gas Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

39 minutes ago
Post Options

Post by Henbury Gas on 39 minutes ago

Bourne End Gas Avatar
Henbury Gas Avatar
Rumour has it its Clifton.......  ;)

Clifton is still used by Bristol Rugby academy and Sarecens ( next door ) is earmarked for housing 

Bristol Rugby academy moving to sh**ty academy site after its next expansion ?

He(Mr Henbury)was on Gaschat yesterday spouting about special "discount" rates at his Westbury on trym shop for the posh "shitheads" that frequent 'ees 'establishment....

I'm sure it's all just 'gay banter,of course.

1 hour ago, Wanderingred said:

I lived in Stockwood for a while. I knew one Gas family, the rest were reds.

The place where I grew up though (Downend) was probably about 80% gas but the Beaufort pub was the red and white stronghold in a sea of blue. The Sandringham in Bromley Heath was too, owner Tony was a massive red. 

I’m sure one of the pubs in Stockwood was well known for being full of gas, someone help me here (Harvesters?)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Looks like they want a bar in the car park at their game with MK Dons... https://democracy.bristol.gov.uk/documents/s16876/A - TEN Report mem stadium.pdf

The police have objected... which is strange for a family club.

Wonder where they got the idea from anyway?

it's not like another football club in the city has a bar in their car park........oh wait it does