IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

My comments are aimed at this particular competition.  

Not originally they were aimed at some of the comments about the crowd size and comparison that was funny IMO it was banter plain and simple.

Yes the powers that be have truly ****** this competition up in another attempt to benefit teams in the prem and at the expense of the 2 lower leagues, IMO they are looking for a way of choking the life out of some clubs to eventually justify a smaller premier league.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I don’t get it bob, you seem to be a ‘mature’ fan, can you not see why people would want a crowd of zero at that match?  

I’d bloody hope we would do if we were in the same position.

edit: With our history of travelling up and down the leagues they may actually be doing us a favour if they can get shot of the ‘premier b’ side bollocks in the lower leagues.

I’ll laugh as long and hard as the next City fan but this is not where to do it if you value football imo.

Have to say I agree with you on this, although it's funny that we took 300+ more to a London game than they had at a home game. If we were in that tournament I would boycott any game against an U23 team. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Not originally they were aimed at some of the comments about the crowd size and comparison that was funny IMO it was banter plain and simple.

Yes the powers that be have truly ****** this competition up in another attempt to benefit teams in the prem and at the expense of the 2 lower leagues, IMO they are looking for a way of choking the life out of some clubs to eventually justify a smaller premier league.

Fair enough, my view of this is that their crowd was too high for this competition and they should be embarrassed by having that many there.

36 minutes ago, bert tann said:

I think under the assets of community value scheme the ownership of the Mem would be through a trust but the question is whether Stephen Lansdown would consider funding such a trust. Dwane Sports would not be obliged to sell the ground to that trust but considerable pressure could and should be exerted on them to do so and also to hand the shares over to a fans grouping. No one is seriously accusing the Al-Qadi family of deliberately causing the situation to happen but they need to be part of a solution and what I am proposing would not leave them out of pocket financially.  The Mem would become a community asset with Rovers paying a realistic rent and financing it's upkeep and improvement. The Bundesliga model allows for some investment from outside sources as long as the 51% limit is not breached and if properly managed I am sure we could do more than just survive. It may soon be time for the Bristol Sporting community to come together.   

Bert, do you mean like the time when the Bristol sporting community "came together" to support Bristol's bid for the 2018 World Cup? The "coming together" of all the city's and regions sporting clubs, except one? Do we need reminding that, the only professional sporting club which did not "come together", and support the bid was a football club based in Horfield.

True some former players did, and former managers did, but, the football club and their pettiness, did not. Not one statement of support, presumably because they weren't directly involved and, actually did their utmost to undermine the building of a stadium at Ashton Vale.  The EP did their best to promote a united front from Bristol's sporting bodies, but nothing from Rovers. I suppose it was a fear of being left behind so, instead of support the bid and try to benefit from it, they effectively opposed it. Don't expect too much help Bert.

• Like 19

58 minutes ago, bert tann said:

I think under the assets of community value scheme the ownership of the Mem would be through a trust but the question is whether Stephen Lansdown would consider funding such a trust. Dwane Sports would not be obliged to sell the ground to that trust but considerable pressure could and should be exerted on them to do so and also to hand the shares over to a fans grouping. No one is seriously accusing the Al-Qadi family of deliberately causing the situation to happen but they need to be part of a solution and what I am proposing would not leave them out of pocket financially.  The Mem would become a community asset with Rovers paying a realistic rent and financing it's upkeep and improvement. The Bundesliga model allows for some investment from outside sources as long as the 51% limit is not breached and if properly managed I am sure we could do more than just survive. It may soon be time for the Bristol Sporting community to come together.   

Sorry Bert . My dad was from a era where it was eastville one week , Ashton Gate the next back in the fifties . If he was still with us , even though he chose city as a kid he wouldn’t revel in Rovers plight. I on the other hand remember the rovers board circling like vultures  ready to snatch Ashton Gate from us in 82. For that reason alone I would be dead against anything that you’ve suggested. Not that it would ever happen anyway. 

• Like 3

Any city fan who's not looked into the various articles about 82 and our "almost" demise really should be searching for info. The horrible stadium robbers first tried to get the gate on the cheap, years before they stole the rugby ground by setting up some horrific contracts with the then chairman/owner of the rugby club , who became honourary sag head. I would not shed a tear if they went into admin/receivership/folded. Even when they were ahead of us in the league they still had what I call "little man syndrome", the underdog etc etc. 

I enjoy reading about them from the couple of sensible/realistic posters on here BUT hoping that SL would help in any way???? NO NO NO unless it was to liquidate them like they tried to destroy the rugby club.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

@bert tann I have enjoyed many of your posts, but given that I was around in ‘82 and experienced the strange, obscene vitriol and joy that your fans expressed at our impending demise, all I can say is karma is a bitch and I hope to see your vile club expire and disappear from the league.  That might seem childish and unforgiving, but tough shit.

I was gonna write something suitable. I see you've made that idea redundant. Well written.

• Like 1

The Pirates are beginning to mutiny.

Verging on a complete meltdown.

Allegations of a 45K bill going to court, ex-director buying land next to Colony for housing, and making a consortium for the Mem, also for housing and the 'promising' to renew UWE talks.

Bullshit or truth - they have no clue!

Whilst we ALL know on here they are mere months away from liabilities outstripping the value of their one asset - The Mem.

A real chance of Administration by Xmas if this carries on.

I'm so excited, I may have done a little wee.....

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10985/mem

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, bert tann said:

Nah, your alright mate 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, bert tann said:

Dear Bert
Dreamer, you know you are a dreamer
Well can you put your hands in your head, oh no!
I said dreamer, you're nothing but a dreamer
Well can you put your hands in your head, oh no!
I said "far out, what a day, a year, a life it is!"
You know, well you know, you had it comin' to you
Now, there's not a lot I can do
Dreamer, you stupid little dreamer
Oh ma, ma, ma, ma, ma, ma, ma, ma

Yours Sincerely
SL

I can't be bothered to quote all of @bert tanns posts, but there are some interesting points in there. The problem lies though where it always has when mergers have been mooted, and the same thing would apply now. What would Rovers really bring to the party? A small  (in the Lansdown world) profit in redevelopment of the mem and very little else. History has also shown us that for the most part they have been run by snakes and charlatans, and I see no evidence that wouldn't continue. So how long would it be before they came looking for another handout or leg up?

52 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

I see the second half of their game was delayed by 5 minutes whilst they taped up a hole in one of their goal nets. 

Still coming for us mind

Tinnnnnnnnnnnnnnpot!  :gasmask:

The second half was actually delayed by five minutes as the 1,500 in the stand and the 22 players on the pitch were all made to wait as the groundsman taped up a hole in one of the goal nets.

• Haha 2

oh you got to love the gift,

good thing more and more are finally waking up to the fact that they are in trouble off the field (something I've said from day one)

Here's a couple of new things you may not of realised , the PR announcement from the club that had said we had turned down £500k from a championship club on deadline day for Bill to lead us to think that the club at least/ at last has ambition, or the fact that Avon and Somerset have been waiting to be paid for last season, there's more but to be brutally honest most on here won't believe unless you can provide printed transcripts no doubt but it doesn't stop it all being true.
As I've said in an earlier post I have always been an optimist not a doom monger when it comes to Rovers but all these murmurings emanating from the club are extremely concerning indeed, they want out because they haven't shown due diligence when acquiring the club and now realise the deal is not for them which is dumbfounding when you consider they are supposed to be successful business men. A couple of other things some of which you do know Dwayne sports is channel island based nothing new there but because for some unknown reason (sh1t advisors or have a go heroes) they don't know British tax law i.e. They thought that the building of the Colony and that of the UWE would be VAT free which it would be because new builds are VAT exempt but that only applies to British mainland based companies not those who are based in Guernsay. That would mean that our £40million pound plus pipe dream would've cost nearer to £50 million and the same rules apply to the state of the art training complex , none of it is going to happen.

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

oh you got to love the gift,

good thing more and more are finally waking up to the fact that they are in trouble off the field (something I've said from day one)

Here's a couple of new things you may not of realised , the PR announcement from the club that had said we had turned down £500k from a championship club on deadline day for Bill to lead us to think that the club at least/ at last has ambition, or the fact that Avon and Somerset have been waiting to be paid for last season, there's more but to be brutally honest most on here won't believe unless you can provide printed transcripts no doubt but it doesn't stop it all being true.
As I've said in an earlier post I have always been an optimist not a doom monger when it comes to Rovers but all these murmurings emanating from the club are extremely concerning indeed, they want out because they haven't shown due diligence when acquiring the club and now realise the deal is not for them which is dumbfounding when you consider they are supposed to be successful business men. A couple of other things some of which you do know Dwayne sports is channel island based nothing new there but because for some unknown reason (sh1t advisors or have a go heroes) they don't know British tax law i.e. They thought that the building of the Colony and that of the UWE would be VAT free which it would be because new builds are VAT exempt but that only applies to British mainland based companies not those who are based in Guernsay. That would mean that our £40million pound plus pipe dream would've cost nearer to £50 million and the same rules apply to the state of the art training complex , none of it is going to happen.

I don't get the Billy Bodin bit in the 1st paragraph; I get that there was more to the turning down of an offer; but doesn't say what it was.

14 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I don't get the Billy Bodin bit in the 1st paragraph; I get that there was more to the turning down of an offer; but doesn't say what it was.

they announced that they turned down 500k from an unknown championship club for him,

He's saying no bid was ever made and they were saying it to deflect the money issues, ie; you will be paid, we wouldn't be turning down this (made up) bid if we didn''t have the money

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

they announced that they turned down 500k from an unknown championship club for him,

He's saying no bid was ever made and they were saying it to deflect the money issues, ie; you will be paid, we wouldn't be turning down this (made up) bid if we didn''t have the money

Does seem surprising that a 500k offer from someone is still an 'unknown club'.

13 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

@bert tann I have enjoyed many of your posts, but given that I was around in ‘82 and experienced the strange, obscene vitriol and joy that your fans expressed at our impending demise, all I can say is karma is a bitch and I hope to see your vile club expire and disappear from the league.  That might seem childish and unforgiving, but tough shit.

@bert tann, you put your point across very eloquently, well done for that, but, I'm in total agreement with Maesknoll Red. I would be livid if we so much as lent you a toilet roll let alone what you propose!

I remember 1982 and your lot stopping the council helping us so you could get your hands on the Gate by killing us off. 

Sorry Bert, it's a big fat 'NO' from me. 

• Like 11

4 hours ago, pride of the west said:

I see the second half of their game was delayed by 5 minutes whilst they taped up a hole in one of their goal nets. 

Still coming for us mind

3 hours ago, myol'man said:

Tinnnnnnnnnnnnnnpot!  :gasmask:

The second half was actually delayed by five minutes as the 1,500 in the stand and the 22 players on the pitch were all made to wait as the groundsman taped up a hole in one of the goal nets.

They had a whip round to pay for the ref

Edited by Cheesleysmate