IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Next up;

The road to Wembley starts (and probably ends) on Friday night at the mighty Notts County. Now when the draw was made one of the few on asschat suggested that they would take between 2,000 and 3,000. Hmm, I seriously doubt that!

Included in the Magpies squad will be our old legend Jon Stead and also probably one of the worst City players of all time, Nicky Hunt (how on earth is he still a professional footballer?)

All together now "Stead, Stead will tear you apart, again" :chant6ez:

js.png

nh.png

6 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

So that’s what they reckon they’ll take, let’s see how far out they are on Friday...

Here he is:

bradfordmeyerbiggs
Youth Team

bradfordmeyerbiggs Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 26 posts
Oct 16, 2017 at 9:48pm via mobile
Post Options

Post by bradfordmeyerbiggs on Oct 16, 2017 at 9:48pm

Relieved not to get a non league potential banana skin. Quality weekend away in Nottingham, bang up for that. Reckon at least 2.5 - 3000 could be up for this. FTG
Edited by myol'man

46 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Hello...

B32D6BCA-B445-47FC-AC3F-68D23A154BFD.jpeg

F49E9289-1380-4DF9-94C2-A93587E5F1DE.jpeg

8 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Here he is:

bradfordmeyerbiggs
Youth Team

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 26 posts
Post Options

Relieved not to get a non league potential banana skin. Quality weekend away in Nottingham, bang up for that. Reckon at least 2.5 - 3000 could be up for this. FTG

So, a realist in one post and back to the standard sag delusional state in the next.........

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Here he is:

bradfordmeyerbiggs
Youth Team

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 26 posts
Post Options

That’s the same guy writing libellous stuff about the clubs owners.

Ok, well...there’s the target Gasheads. Talk the talk now walk the walk.

14 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Here he is:

bradfordmeyerbiggs
Youth Team

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 26 posts
Post Options

He means total crowd, doesn't he? Surely...?

14 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Here he is:

bradfordmeyerbiggs
Youth Team

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 26 posts
Post Options

He's right to be fair. They are almost certainly going to take some number between 2.5 - 3000. I just don't know where the .5 comes from.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Just imagine if this were actually true?! What an absolutely bunch of ruthless ***** that would make Wally & Co!! The destroyed Sags wouldn't be able to go all Tote End Aggro over it either because they would have all ****** off back to Jordan. Surely that would make the Al-Qadi family the greatest bunch of honorary Teds that ever lived?!!

Agent Wally.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

He's right to be fair. They are almost certainly going to take some number between 2.5 - 3000. I just don't know where the .5 comes from.

Confusion over whether someone being their brother AND their dad, counts as 1 or 2 people..?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Quite a few of the mutants have got an extra head. See for yourself, drive down Filton Ave on match day...It’s like Freak Safari.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Going back to @bert tann's post about hoping SL can unite City and Rovers by buying out Wael...

SL can't own two football clubs can he? It's against FA regulations. So Jon will have to step up.

Jon, buy out the Rovers. Bring Marcus home and Ellis and Bodin to play with Matty.

Wind up/flog everyone else. 

Peg, my proposal was for Stephen Lansdown to consider funding a trust set up to purchase the Mem under the assets of community value scheme. As part of this deal Rovers would essentially become a fan owned club using the Bundesliga model and would lease the stadium from the Trust. The financial structure of "new Rovers" would mean we would not be a direct threat to City in spending terms but we would provide some competition, we would preserve a Bristol sporting institution and the Mem would be saved as a sporting venue and community asset.

The alternative is for the Mem to be sold for commercial development and for Dwane Sports to potentially make a profit from their involvement with Rovers. The assets of community value scheme cannot prevent them selling the land to the highest bidder but imagine the pressure which Bristolians, in a united front, could exert on them  to sell to the Trust for the £10 million they are owed and walk away.

2 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Peg, my proposal was for Stephen Lansdown to consider funding a trust set up to purchase the Mem under the assets of community value scheme. As part of this deal Rovers would essentially become a fan owned club using the Bundesliga model and would lease the stadium from the Trust. The financial structure of "new Rovers" would mean we would not be a direct threat to City in spending terms but we would provide some competition, we would preserve a Bristol sporting institution and the Mem would be saved as a sporting venue and community asset.

The alternative is for the Mem to be sold for commercial development and for Dwane Sports to potentially make a profit from their involvement with Rovers. The assets of community value scheme cannot prevent them selling the land to the highest bidder but imagine the pressure which Bristolians, in a united front, could exert on them  to sell to the Trust for the £10 million they are owed and walk away.

The alternative would be for a sporting institution despised by many City fans who remember the underhand attempts to steal our ground in 82, and opposed the world cup bid, then shafted a true sporting institution (Bristol Rugby) to the extent that it has still not recovered, to be allowed to crash and burn.

Rovers didn't give one f uck about the Mem being preserved when it thought they had a deal with Sainsbury's.

I don't personally want competition in the city. Leeds and Newcastle seem to manage ok without it.

City would gain nothing from helping you lot out Bert, and it does you no credit banging the drum on this subject on a forum that tolerates gasheads and actually welcomes you personally.

I  have many Gas friends but nothing would would please me more than for Rovers to disappear - and they feel exactly the same in reverse.

Let it rest mate.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, bert tann said:

“Please Mr Pantsdown, you tax dodging, ex gashead, sheeed. 

Please can you bail us out because we are pathetic, gullible, morons. 

I promise we didn’t gloat when we first heard about Wally taking over and make stupid claims about “coming for you”

In 1982 I promise that we all had a whip round and made a generous donation to help fund your clubs’ escape from the financial abyss, and our derogatory bid to buy Ashton Gate at the time was just a bit of friendly banter” 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bert tann said:

I see where you're coming from Bert but there's an option between the two put forward that seems more likely than the first: SL buys the Mem, kicks R*vers out and brings the rugby club home. Whether that is a cost worth paying when they're happy at AG and the running costs of the Mem may prevent that anyway.

20 minutes ago, bert tann said:

So, where's the benefit to City then Bert? The only club to benefit from your plan is rovers as far as I can see.

With all possible due respect, absolutely no way! Your club tried to kill us off in 1982 and some of us still remember that vividly.

If there was a benefit to City it would be worth a debate but your plan essentially means our owner subsidising your club. No way is that going to happen. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, BrightCiderLife said:

I see where you're coming from Bert but there's an option between the two put forward that seems more likely than the first: SL buys the Mem, kicks R*vers out and brings the rugby club home. Whether that is a cost worth paying when they're happy at AG and the running costs of the Mem may prevent that anyway.

SL has enough money to imply that he will grant @bert tann‘s wishes. 

Take ownership of the Mem, redevelop it into a state of the art, 20k all seater arena, with plenty of conference & hospitality provision to ensure that Rovers can become self sufficient, then just as he’s about to hand over the keys, pour petrol all over it and chuck a match on the lot. Just for a bit of a laugh..! 

• Haha 7

16 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

The alternative would be for a sporting institution despised by many City fans who remember the underhand attempts to steal our ground in 82, and opposed the world cup bid, then shafted a true sporting institution (Bristol Rugby) to the extent that it has still not recovered, to be allowed to crash and burn.

Rovers didn't give one f uck about the Mem being preserved when it thought they had a deal with Sainsbury's.

I don't personally want competition in the city. Leeds and Newcastle seem to manage ok without it.

City would gain nothing from helping you lot out Bert, and it does you no credit banging the drum on this subject on a forum that tolerates gasheads and actually welcomes you personally.

I  have many Gas friends but nothing would would please me more than for Rovers to disappear - and they feel exactly the same in reverse.

Let it rest mate.

Peg had assumed I was suggesting SL should buy Rovers so I wanted to correct her on that but I take your point.

Bar BS3 is right that the blind faith of 95% of Rovers fans is leading them to behave like pathetic, gullible morons and to me it hurts.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Peg had assumed I was suggesting SL should buy Rovers so I wanted to correct her on that but I take your point.

Bar BS3 is right that the blind faith of 95% of Rovers fans is leading them to behave like pathetic, gullible morons and to me it hurts.

But 95% of your lot have always been pathetic, gullible morons. Come on Bert, pull yourself together man.  You should be used to this by now!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, 42nite said:

My feeling is that the only way SL would get involved would be to buy the Mem, kick the squatters out, burn the tents down, and build a nice little stadium for the Bristol rugger boys to return home.

As for the Sags.....Bye!

From a business point of view that isn’t the best way to go though. He’s shelled out God knows how many millions to bring Ashton Gate into this century and become a stadium that we can be very proud of. 

The Rugby helps to bring in a lot of money for Bristol Sport. If you build a new stadium someone’s got to pay for it...from SLs point of view, having the City and the Rugby using the same stadium and bringing money in every week makes more sense.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

From a business point of view that isn’t the best way to go though. He’s shelled out God knows how many millions to bring Ashton Gate into this century and become a stadium that we can be very proud of. 

The Rugby helps to bring in a lot of money for Bristol Sport. If you build a new stadium someone’s got to pay for it...from SLs point of view, having the City and the Rugby using the same stadium and bringing money in every week makes more sense.

It would be like buying the house next door, just to evict the scummy neighbours then one of your kids moving into it, then they had a perfectly lovely room at yours anyway, and now you’ve got to pay 2 x council tax, gas, electric, insurance etc, just so your kid can live on their own, but they’ll still be coming back to your house every night to have dinner and get their washing done..! 

Edited by Bar BS3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, bert tann said:

Bert, I've always been unsure where your loyalty lies. One day I think you're gas the next you're city on a wind up.

The above confirms it for me: you're city on a wind up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, 42nite said:

But 95% of your lot have always been pathetic, gullible morons. Come on Bert, pull yourself together man.  You should be used to this by now!

Yes, I may be starting to crack up.

But this bloke is strutting around the World having is picture taken  and basking in the glory of telling people he is the owner of Bristol Rovers (see photo at Boston University) but in reality our club consists of a collection of old tents and a load of debt.  Someone should follow him dressed up like Screaming Lord Sutch used to at elections and blow raspberries at him behind his back.   

I'll get my multicoloured coat and top hat  ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It would be like buying the house next door, just to evict the scummy neighbours then one of your kids moving into it, then they had a perfectly lovely room at yours anyway, and now you’ve got to pay 2 x council tax, gas, electric, insurance etc, just so your kid can live on their own, but they’ll still be coming back to your house every night to have dinner and get their washing done..! 

If you can afford it, and it makes you happy......... Go for it!

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Hello...

B32D6BCA-B445-47FC-AC3F-68D23A154BFD.jpeg

F49E9289-1380-4DF9-94C2-A93587E5F1DE.jpeg

2 hours ago, myol'man said:

Here he is:

bradfordmeyerbiggs
Youth Team

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 26 posts
Post Options

What a prize plum! Looks like this numpty completes the Sag brass monkeys trio, Bluebutterfly, HenburyGas and BradfordMeyerBiggs.

FTG?