IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don’t think we should gloat. Wait until we are able to mock, as the final nail is hammered into their coffin. Then gloat..! 

At least we won't be sniffing around their 'stadium' in their hour of need, trying to nick it for bugger all....oh how this will all be payback for their shameful antics in 1982!!!!

• Like 3

10 hours ago rambo said: Overreaction central. A disappointing result but let's be honest in reality there's not a lot of difference between top of league 2 and mid table league 1 so I don't think it's an embarrassment. We can't defend at the moment and thats a big issue. But we're 13th in league 1 and we will be okay.

10 hours ago Roadman said: Our manager has dragged us back to league 1 and increased our attendances considerably  but we have well and truly found our level with at best a modest playing budget.

They're bricking it big time. Their worst nightmares are not their own failings, but our success.  They could live with the humiliation of non-league football, but the thought of us playing premier league football, scares them sh*tless.  It's not about them coming for us, it's about them dragging us down to their level. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Malago said:

They're bricking it big time. Their worst nightmares are not their own failings, but our success.  They could live with the humiliation of non-league football, but the thought of us playing premier league football, scares them sh*tless.  It's not about them coming for us, it's about them dragging us down to their level. 

Their season means nothing to them now. The fact we even have a small 1% chance of doing the unthinkable they'll be more focused on us than ever.

• Like 2

I laughed out loud as I looked around our great stadium while the Cardiff supporters sang "You're just a shit Bristol Rovers". If they'd been there recently, they'd know that there already is a shit Bristol Rovers and that any comparison (apart, of course from the Championship ready sprinklers) most certainly doesn't apply to us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, Coombsy said:

Why are we not wearing  shirts with poppies on like so many other teams have done and then we could have auctioned them off  

Is it that bad we can't afford the shirts? 

Poppys are red mind; maybe somebody just forgot to include a contrasting outline so you can see it.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Coombsy said:

Why are we not wearing  shirts with poppies on like so many other teams have done and then we could have auctioned them off  

Is it that bad we can't afford the shirts? 

50 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Poppys are red mind; maybe somebody just forgot to include a contrasting outline so you can see it.

4 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Surprised (like their Santa hats) they don't have a BLUE poppy !

I think Hav has misunderstood Coombsy's post. He has a tendency to quote things from their forum without quotation marks so it looks like the comments are his rather than from the gas forum.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On the FA Cup goals round up programme, the commentator stated that Hereford and Telford were both Phoenix clubs. Edgar Street is still Hereford's home ground, but it has a capacity of 4,700.

If the gas played there, they could claim a full house sell out.

6 hours ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Their season means nothing to them now. The fact we even have a small 1% chance of doing the unthinkable they'll be more focused on us than ever.

Best / Worst case scenario. 2018/19 season sees City in the Prem, Rovers in League 2. Young kids getting interested in football, which team will they latch on to? As examples I offer Man U & Bury or WHU & Orient, or going back in years; Liverpool & Southport.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SimonR said:

Nah, the bigger, better team won. I bet the County players were just glad not to be playing at chernobyl.

I hadn`t thought of that. That was their half time team talk sorted then - the manager just had to show the players a photo of where they could be going for a replay if they didn`t sort themselves out.

• Haha 4

On 02/11/2017 at 16:24, 22A said:

SL can't buy Rovers (as if he'd want to), but he could buy the Mem, evict it's current users and give it to Bristol Rugby. Then it really would become a Memorial.

Why on earth would SL want to buy the Memorial Ground (I think you need four permanent sides to call it a stadium) It would be like a Rolls Royce owner asked to buy a Trabant.

17 hours ago, Malago said:

You're dead right. The highlight of the typical Gashead's time following football is Hull City winning that play-off match. Coming for us my arse.

13 hours ago, CiderJar said:

Just as well he's a roofless person...

He could almost be describing our team around Xmas last year... "As soon as the first goal goes in we look weak, making wrong decisons....... " we went through a period where we would "Catipulate" sic  in games too. If he's the manager some of the blind few think, then lets see if he can turn thinga around like ours has.