Youth Team

sipirate Avatar

Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 64 posts
6 minutes ago
Post Options

Post by sipirate on 6 minutes ago

I am still loving it that he said no to the stadium :) 
It is great to finally be in a position where we can say no. Thank the lord Wael came in and employed the right people to look at the minor details and seen the catastrophic flaws in the proposal. Give him freedom of Bristol right away in my opinion :) 

Pretty much with that decision alone saved us from becoming a darlington

That takes delusion to a whole new level. I would suggest this is Hors Category delusion - beyond classification.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Go on, which one of you is it?

Even they`re not that stupid ....... are they?

I wouldn't put anything past them. There are some belters on their forum who spout similar tosh. The conclusion is that it must be a Ted invasion, ground, BP, forum, fence contractor, UWE, Teds everywhere stirring up shit.

• Haha 1

It really is the level of delusion...  They're discussing how it'd be nice if stadiums can be upgraded to 80k if they reached the Champions League:

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/11049/on-scenes?page=16

I mean we're a lot closer to it and I still don't think I'll see the day City are regularly playing in the Champions League.  It'd be really, really nice and I wish it would happen, but I'm realistic enough to realise it's probably not!

6 minutes ago, Red34 said:

It really is the level of delusion...  They're discussing how it'd be nice if stadiums can be upgraded to 80k if they reached the Champions League:

I mean we're a lot closer to it and I still don't think I'll see the day City are regularly playing in the Champions League.  It'd be really, really nice and I wish it would happen, but I'm realistic enough to realise it's probably not!

Surely another one of ours - just checked the persons odd monicker and its Welsh for "incompetence" 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Red34 said:

The poster wants a potential capacity of 80k, but with a proper home end with a low roof. Sounds like a big tin of sardines.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Red34 said:

The IDEAL stadium is one that is 
1) 20,000 to begin with.
2) Can be increased easily to 30,000 if required.
3) Has the capability to hold a 50,000 stadium should long term success be acquired.
4) A final 80,000 capability if they became Champions league established.

30 0dd years ago Salisbury City sold their ground to Sainsburys as they wanted the site.  Sainsburys paid for a 10,000 all seater stadium to be built. They decided on 10K as even the club realised it would be rare for them to fill it and they were at about the level they'd ever be. The running costs would be affordable as well. There's a lesson for the Rovers to take on board.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Surely another one of ours - just checked the persons odd monicker and its Welsh for "incompetence" 

You'd hope so but he seems to have an opinion on players etc. which you'd hope none of our lot would lower themselves to watching... :P

18 minutes ago, 22A said:

1) 20,000 to begin with.
3) Has the capability to hold a 50,000 stadium should long term success be acquired.
4) A final 80,000 capability if they became Champions league established..

I think the Emirates Stadium is only 60k, Old Trafford is 75k.

How big a club do these deluded idiots think they’re going to be??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 22A said:

1) 20,000 to begin with.
4) A final 80,000 capability if they became Champions league established.

30 0dd years ago Salisbury City sold their ground to Sainsburys as they wanted the site.  Sainsburys paid for a 10,000 all seater stadium to be built. They decided on 10K as even the club realised it would be rare for them to fill it and they were at about the level they'd ever be. The running costs would be affordable as well. There's a lesson for the Rovers to take on board.

Not Salisbury mate, they used to play in a ground inside a council park (like Aldershot) and moved to a new ground in the late 90s which I think was built as part of a new housing development. I think you mean Dorchester - smashing ground funded by Tesco or maybe even Yeovil (again Tesco and a decent ground).

I was told something amusing today. Around 2000 Servette’s old ground at Chemilles was falling apart around them and the fans referred to it as ‘Chernobyl’. They built a fantastic new ground (Stade de Geneve) and even with masses of help from the Canton to fund it ended up going bust. Last time I went there the crowd was about 2500 in a ground that holds 32000.

There’s a lesson there too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bianconeri said:

Not Salisbury mate, they used to play in a ground inside a council park (like Aldershot) and moved to a new ground in the late 90s which I think was built as part of a new housing development. I think you mean Dorchester - smashing ground funded by Tesco or maybe even Yeovil (again Tesco and a decent ground).

I was told something amusing today. Around 2000 Servette’s old ground at Chemilles was falling apart around them and the fans referred to it as ‘Chernobyl’. They built a fantastic new ground (Stade de Geneve) and even with masses of help from the Canton to fund it ended up going bust. Last time I went there the crowd was about 2500 in a ground that holds 32000.

There’s a lesson there too.

Sat in his executive white, plastic chair in Horfield, having learned of the availability of an unused football stadium in Switzerland, Wael quietly sings "Bonsoir Irene, je vous verrai dans mes rêves" while considering the possibility of Geneva Rovers competing in EFL League One.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Sat in his executive white, plastic chair in Horfield, having learned of the availability of an unused football stadium in Switzerland, Wael quietly sings "Bonsoir Irene, je vous verrai dans mes rêves" while considering the possibility of Geneva Rovers competing in EFL League One.

The ‘new’ Servette play there in Tier 2 of the Swiss League (about League 1 level). The reformation was ‘interesting’ , the old team’s U-21 side joined at tier 3 and there have been a couple of promotions and relegations since. It’s just absurd that a world-class stadium hosts such tiny crowds. 

Sags couldn’t afford a parking space in Geneva.

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Bianconeri said:

The ‘new’ Servette play there in Tier 2 of the Swiss League (about League 1 level). The reformation was ‘interesting’ , the old team’s U-21 side joined at tier 3 and there have been a couple of promotions and relegations since. It’s just absurd that a world-class stadium hosts such tiny crowds. 

Sags couldn’t afford a parking space in Geneva.

In Horfield Wael mutters "Curses, foiled again" then resolves that on Monday, he'll check whether the Darlington ground is still unused?

• Haha 1