IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

That is ridiculously low - surely he meant £7000? Why would anyone go there for £350 quid a week? You might as well get a job in McDonalds.

If my math serves me correct then if dopey makes them do extra training he will need to ensure his centre backs don’t work more than 47 hours in any week or the nmw office will be on the blower

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Clarification post on Sagchat:

Dwane Sports acquired Bristol Rovers 1883 Ltd (which owns the football club and the Mem) by refinancing that company's assets.

They provided a loan facility of £10 million to Bristol Rovers 1883 Ltd and in the 2016 financial year Bristol Rovers 1883 Ltd used this to :

1) Pay off the MSP Capital loan of £2.7 million

2) Pay off most of the old directors outstanding loans and bonds of £3.5 million (which is why they gifted the shares to Dwane Sports)

3) Pay approximately £1 million to cover trading losses for 2016

This is why the Dwane Sports loan stood at  £7.2 million at 30.06.16

In the 17 months since then the club has continued to trade at a loss, which can be estimated at £1.5 million per year, so the loan must be close to  £10 million now

So all of Dwane Sports "investment" in Bristol Rovers 1883 Ltd has been in the form of a loan and, because of the legal charge,  if they want the loan repaid they are entitled to sell the Mem to get that repayment.

The 2016 accounts state that Mr Hani Al Qadi has confirmed his intention to maintain support until at least March 31st 2018.

lordjusticegashead Avatar
lordjusticegashead
Club Legend
2 hours ago
Since they will be insolvent by March 31st, that is when Wally's support finishes. Tic toc.

Isn’t the league cup final around that time, if Carlsberg did great days ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Red34 said:

According to Dopey's post match interview, their back 2 are on less than 700 a week combined. 

Now I know we only hear about Prem wages so maybe I'm just expecting too much but isn't that only just above minimum wage?!

Wow I get paid more the a "professional footballer"

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

That is ridiculously low - surely he meant £7000? Why would anyone go there for £350 quid a week? You might as well get a job in McDonalds.

Seems he was talking about today's back 2, I think only one of which is their standard CB (as much as Dopey has a set team!)

But yeah McDonald's would be much less embarrassing and a lot less grief... 

4 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I wish 20pence wouldn't keep saying "Lost in the 93 min......".     There is NO such thing, more accurately the third  min of injury time !

I like 20-pence. One moment of weakness in a lifetime and forever associated with that lot. 

It's a shame for him. 

12 minutes ago, Red34 said:

Seems he was talking about today's back 2, I think only one of which is their standard CB (as much as Dopey has a set team!)

But yeah McDonald's would be much less embarrassing and a lot less grief... 

Neither of them are regular first choice CB's - although the two games they've been paired together we've only conceded 1 goal per game, as opposed to the 3 or 4 per game which we've become accustomed to away from home.  In a warped kind of way, that seems like progress! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

If admin looms as seems a distinct possibility then they would have to take the points hit this season IMO. At least they would only end up in League 2 at worst but start level. If they take it next season and start on minus points there`s every chance of them going down again BUT the conference won`t allow a club in admin to join so they`ll have to go even lower.

And your problem is????

• Haha 2

On 01/11/2017 at 23:25, Rich said:

Hmmm, they could conceivably be further down the line then. Income from ST sales helped (£1,5m?). So linked to a reduced playing budget just about tides them over, less running costs. Admin any day soon.

Very soon,

i just watched the highlights all 26 seconds of them can't of been a good game

21 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

But they have a top 6 budget!

Amazed they can afford to live independently in Bristol on those wages.

If I was one of the Blue Few I would be asking serious questions.

Be amazed if our u23s are on less.

Top 6 in the country, wasn’t it..?! 

• Haha 1