IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Fair play this bloke seems switched on -(  this is from a thread about what the Mega Rich Owner has done / improved since he arrived)

If the trend from the 2016 accounts is continued, and Nick Higgs and Barry Bradshaw are still owed nearly £1 million between them as they were then, the position would be :

Pre acquisition.      Loans of about £7 million with annual interest of £420 000

Post acquisition.    Loans of about £11 million with annual interest of about  £ 650 000

I would suggest that things are considerably worse than before.

Even if we are super optimistic and say that substantial new revenue streams will appear in 3 years time it is likely Rovers would be  £15 million in debt and running up £1 million per year interest bills by then.

• Like 1

Just watched the 7 seconds of highlights from their epic battle with The Iron today....good grief, that away end, how empty????!!! How dare they EVER ridicule our away followings EVER again, truly pathetic from them today, but, as always, fair play to the few souls who travelled such a long way to watch their tinpot heroes, you can never knock the ones who actually went.

So, onto the late, late, late, late Scunny winner.....

3 hours ago, Red34 said:

According to Dopey's post match interview, their back 2 are on less than 700 a week combined. 

Now I know we only hear about Prem wages so maybe I'm just expecting too much but isn't that only just above minimum wage?!

Ok now appears the 700 he mentioned might actually be what he paid for them both, not their weekly wage.

I can't decide if that's better or worse?!

If they really are paying £700pw between two players I hope their HR and Payroll are really on top of complying with national minimum wage. Some big companies have been caught out, could imagine in a week of 3 games with one or two away they are getting mighty close to a breach. 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Just watched the 7 seconds of highlights from their epic battle with The Iron today....good grief, that away end, how empty????!!! How dare they EVER ridicule our away followings EVER again, truly pathetic from them today, but, as always, fair play to the few souls who travelled such a long way to watch their tinpot heroes, you can never knock the ones who actually went.

So, onto the late, late, late, late Scunny winner.....

0F996F7A-D3CA-4240-AB27-7DBE4274D9DC.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Red34 said:

Any idea what their number 3 did during the remembrance ceremonies? 

Scunthorpe fans seem annoyed, accusing him of disrespect (not that that surprises me)...

Interesting.

Ive just looked on Slagchat and noticed a Scunthorpe fan has mentioned some disrespect from a Gas player. One of the boneheads has suggested Scunthorpe get their own house in order because he was disappointed in the quality of the curry he had this evening after the game :blink:, another one has told him to "bore off".

This sort of attitude from their thick fans is obviously one of the many reasons why they're so loved by everyone else in the football league.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Southstandoriginal said:

images-2.jpg

Life long Rovers supporters Lambert Smith aged 9 and his sister and cousin Windass Smith aged 6 were very upset when they visited Santas Grotto at the Memorial Stadium this year. A visibly shaken Lambert said, "We went to see Santa but met a homeless man instead. He stank of White Lightening and kept asking us if we had any spare change?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 5