IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

I remember him being arrested and his solicitor taking out a court injunction to stop reporters naming him as a Gashead.

Apparently he’s never actually murdered anyone or raped any of his children.

It was just slightly less embarrassing than his real alibi of having been watching Rovers on the nights in question. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Apparently he’s never actually murdered anyone or raped any of his children.

It was just slightly less embarrassing than his real alibi of having been watching Rovers on the nights in question. 

Deflection tactics. Worked a treat.......until the family released the flag 

5 hours ago, Super said:

Did he not conduct himself well then?

No, against Rotherham at home he kept turning around to goad the home fans around the bench, yes he was getting stick, but nothimg too heavy and it's part and parcel of his job. Did he stay professional? No, especially when we scored a late winner against the division's whipping boys when he turned round and gave the City fans loads....it was pathetic....

14 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No, against Rotherham at home he kept turning around to goad the home fans around the bench, yes he was getting stick, but nothimg too heavy and it's part and parcel of his job. Did he stay professional? No, especially when we scored a late winner against the division's whipping boys when he turned round and gave the City fans loads....it was pathetic....

You mean the game where his substitutions were met with chants of “you don’t know what you’re doing” and then his substitutes linked up to create and score the winning goal..?!

I think he was entitled to that reaction..! 

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’m pretty sure he’d have kept it quiet. You don’t need horrible little secrets that are as bad as that, getting out..! 

Fred in court:  Yes, I murdered, yes i buried women, yes Rose did all those things,   but no focking way did i ever support Bristol Rovers!! I'm a Gloucester City man, me. And sometimes Reading

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dwane Sports acquired Bristol Rovers 1883 Ltd (which owns the football club and the Mem) by refinancing that company's assets.

They provided a loan facility of £10 million to Bristol Rovers 1883 Ltd and in the 2016 financial year Bristol Rovers 1883 Ltd used this to :

1) Pay off the MSP Capital loan of £2.7 million
2) Pay off most of the old directors outstanding loans and bonds of £3.5 million (which is why they gifted the shares to Dwane Sports)
3) Pay approximately £1 million to cover trading losses for 2016

This is why the Dwane Sports loan stood at £7.2 million at 30.06.16

In the 17 months since then the club has continued to trade at a loss, which can be estimated at £1.5 million per year, so the loan must be close to £10 million now

So all of Dwane Sports "investment" in Bristol Rovers 1883 Ltd has been in the form of a loan and, because of the legal charge, if they want the loan repaid they are entitled to sell the Mem to get that repayment.

If the trend from the 2016 accounts is continued, and Nick Higgs and Barry Bradshaw are still owed nearly £1 million between them as they were then, the position would be :

Pre acquisition. Loans of about £7 million with annual interest of £420 000
Post acquisition. Loans of about £11 million with annual interest of about £ 650 000

I would suggest that things are considerably worse than before.

Even if we are super optimistic and say that substantial new revenue streams will appear in 3 years time it is likely Rovers would be £15 million in debt and running up £1 million per year interest bills by then.

The 2016 accounts state that Mr Hani Al Qadi has confirmed his intention to maintain support until at least March 31st 2018.

When Nick Higgs found it impossible to carry on covering the losses and looked for someone to take over, and get him out of it, the best offer was apparently the £6.2 million Dwane Sports initially paid. But that was in February 2016 when £6.2 million would clear the whole (MSP) external debt and most of the debt owing to the directors/shareholders. In November 2017, to get the owners out, that figure has risen to £11 million. 

Who is going to pay £11 million for something which was only worth £6.2 million 17 months ago apart from a property developer who is purely interested in the land and has no interest at all in a loss making, homeless, football club ?

I suspect this is the issue which Edward Ware, Gasincider, Severncider, Wael, and many other people with Rovers best interests at heart, are wrestling with at the moment. 

The club will get the going rate card for the mem site so the club won't lose out in any way financially, it will enable us to move to UWE as per the original plans. At that point it will become another capitalist venture and not solely built by EWH.

There is also up to a £6m grant available from the FA for all clubs building new stadia outside the championship which we qualify for. 

BRFC will own the stadium. I do not know any other commercial details presently. 

I don't know either whether the approach has been made to the ALQ family yet or whether this is actually a viable alternative or whether the ALQs will actually want to sell up. 

I do know that there have been 2 other consortiums interested. One has now completely cooled its interested. The other is American backed and the consortium have attended 3 games this season. Whether that's to invest or to take over I don't know.

I doubt EW has the finiancial clout himself to run rovers and build the stadium. There will be partners and other parties and I don't believe all this information has come from one source, namely EW, I know for a fact it hasn't. 

According to another ex director I spoke to, it was believed very much at the time the ALQs were going to build the stadium without the need for them to do it themselves. That was the clincher for them to takeover. All things were in place. The ALQs, for all their reasons have not decided to build UWE and go a different path. 

Whatever Wael or Hamer says only depends on whether Hani and the old man want to open the cheque book so to speak. And quite clearly for whatever reason they aren't now prepared to do it. 

UWE still want to do the project and maybe EW feels that it was the wrong decision to sell the club to the ALQs and if he can take over he can get the job done. 

NH was also the majority shareholder of the club with BB. EW had a minority stake so unless he had the people alongside him 3 years ago he could have never have taken over himself. 

I believe this was the plan b the club also talked about. These aren't new plans. I saw the blueprints for redevelopment for housing around 4-5 years ago when Sainsbury's fell through and the JR appeal was in process.

We don't know who the partners are. 

BRFC will own the stadium. 

No suggestion DS will give the mem away. 

there is more profit on building apartments on the Mem land and other commercial ventures than just houses. 

I think due diligence was done to the best they could have done it. It wasn't as if the ALQs came in and shut it all down once they got ownership of the club. I don't think there is much more they could have done. Its the ALQs that have changed the terms of the stadium build.

No matter how you try and keep things close, someone always has loose lips. I know Ed is on holiday at the moment and returns just before the Wimbledon game so don't expect to hear anything just yet.

My favourite is our friend Henbury Gas who has hinted that Wael has had meetings including with Marvin Reece and has made a few hints re something happening Reece, Bristol Mayor, Bristol Arena, Stadium blah blah blah... so let's use this as the test and see what happenes Henbury Gas full of crap or in the know ?!  

Let’s put some facts forward....   2Fans Forum.png

8 minutes ago, Fiale said:

My favourite is our friend Henbury Gas who has hinted that Wael has had meetings including with Marvin Reece and has made a few hints re something happening Reece, Bristol Mayor, Bristol Arena, Stadium blah blah blah... so let's use this as the test and see what happenes Henbury Gas full of crap or in the know ?!  

Let’s put some facts forward....   2Fans Forum.png

A bit late for that I’m afraid. The story about a disabled City fan who apparently had all his teeth/one tooth/no teeth smashed out of his head by a fellow City fan over a seat was enough to see that Henbury Gas talks bullshit.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

There is also up to a £6m grant available from the FA for all clubs building new stadia outside the championship which we qualify for. 

I was interested in this bit when someone  quoted elsewhere in the thread, it looked incredibly generous, so I looked it up on the FA Website. 

"The FSIF provides money for clubs in the Football League who want to improve their facilities for players, officials and spectators.

Grant limits

Football League clubs are eligible for:

a maximum £750,000 less any previous grants received from the Football Trust or FSIF at any time since 1990.

a maximum grant of 50% of eligible costs."

It appears that the £6m quoted is the total annual amount available to support clubs in stadium renovations, I guess the poster assumes that the FA will be happy to give them the whole pot as they are Bristol Rovers after all. 

Edited by Port Said Red
duplicate sentence
  • Like 2
  • Haha 9

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I was interested in this bit when someone  quoted elsewhere in the thread, it looked incredibly generous, so I looked it up. so I looked it up on the FA Website. 

"The FSIF provides money for clubs in the Football League who want to improve their facilities for players, officials and spectators.

Grant limits

Football League clubs are eligible for:

a maximum £750,000 less any previous grants received from the Football Trust or FSIF at any time since 1990.

a maximum grant of 50% of eligible costs."

It appears that the £6m quoted is the total annual amount available to support clubs in stadium renovations, I guess the poster assumes that the FA will be happy to give them the whole pot as they are Bristol Rovers after all. 

Well they are the best supported ultra family orientated team in the world so why wouldn't they support them - but yes, good spot, I wonder what the maximum the FA have given any one club.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Well they are the best supported ultra family orientated team in the world so why wouldn't they support them - but yes, good spot, I wonder what the maximum the FA have given any one club.

Well these are the figures else where on the  site. "The Premier League wholly funds the FSIF, investing £6m each year. Since 2000 a total of £51.67m worth of grants have been redistributed to clubs right across England and Wales".  

That suggests that only around £3m a year has been spent in 17 years and this covers non-league football as well. I would think it's unlikely there would have been only one project a year in that time. :) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Fred in court:  Yes, I murdered, yes i buried women, yes Rose did all those things,   but no focking way did i ever support Bristol Rovers!! I'm a Gloucester City man, me. And sometimes Reading

Or -

Nope, it was absolutely nothing to do with me your honour, I've always been the ultimate family man. It must have been a bunch of She Ted's digging up my patio and burying all those bodies...

12 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Hereford F.C. surely. The dirty ape came from Much Marcle, but he still weren't no slag

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

A bit late for that I’m afraid. The story about a disabled City fan who apparently had all his teeth/one tooth/no teeth smashed out of his head by a fellow City fan over a seat was enough to see that Henbury Gas talks bullshit.

Spot on Peter, he's been proven to be a source of bullshit.

One thing they seem to be missing in this new plan is the fact that they DON'T OWN THE MEM LAND. IF there is a prospective take over, the fake sheik and his family will get the land as they have a charge of £10M on it. Also, they cannot own the UWE land (not that it will be built) as there's a covenant on it. Then gain, they never let facts get in the way of bullshit do they?

They are making up plans so that they get something for nothing, as usual.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Spot on Peter, he's been proven to be a source of bullshit.

One thing they seem to be missing in this new plan is the fact that they DON'T OWN THE MEM LAND. IF there is a prospective take over, the fake sheik and his family will get the land as they have a charge of £10M on it. Also, they cannot own the UWE land (not that it will be built) as there's a covenant on it. Then gain, they never let facts get in the way of bullshit do they?

They are making up plans so that they get something for nothing, as usual.

They do own it all. They paid a quid!

keep them heads burred in the sand gasheads,

Some one want to point out how much interest we paid on lansdown's various loans over the years (the answer is close to zero I think)

nottsgas

nottsgas Avatar

Posting Level

Next Level in 24 posts
48 minutes ago
Post Options

Post by nottsgas on 48 minutes ago

bluebutterfly Avatar
Can anybody with financial know how explain the owners loan against the mem and paying themselves interest from it in a positive way?
What happens when the £10m runs out and were still losing money?
Why is dwayne sports making money from interest on the loan against the stadium?

I don't think it's anything untoward, if we (rovers) take out a loan we'll pay on interest on it- no matter who the lender is. In this case it's the Al Qadi's themselves, they wouldn't be where they are now if they didn't charge interest on loans! I guess their bank has its own BoD who they answer to there who'd be asking questions if they gave rovers a special deal.
  • Like 1